[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Oh sorry, I didn't read to the end after reading of problems. I will try it with Linux, after I know where I get fastboot for Ubuntu 12.04. How can I check, if everything worked? Should I see with dmesg an info?

Is it impossible to do it with XP? I would like to know it only. It is a lot of work for me, to use XP, since it is unconnected in the garage.

I don't know if the drivers will work with XP. I think not, though.

freecicero

Dec 23, 2012
Is there a mirrored download link where I can get this ROM --- I am getting errors trying to download from the google doc link. Thanks!

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Is there a mirrored download link where I can get this ROM --- I am getting errors trying to download from the google doc link. Thanks!

The ROM? Do you want the standard Lenovo ROM 4.0.4, or Jelly Bean, or one of the MCL ROMs?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi, I am looking to setup a dual boot tablet, I need to know what nv_copy_blob_file("blob", "/staging"); is. I have never seen this file and need to know what it is and does. I plan on using your rom as the jellybean rom.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
OK just got your rom setup as dual boot, will have to do some testing to see how things go. Well she did a few stutter steps, on Google playstore on signing in and can't download apps.

(error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]) I am look up that error now. Other than that rom appears to run smooth, thanks for the rom.

ok the fix for this error is below, downloading from google playstore now.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ta...eving-information-server-rpc-s-5-aec-0-a.html

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The dual boot works great, I did use the blob or bootloader from jellybean, it is a better bootloader than ics blob. I have stock rom installed on tablet, your jellybean rom installed on sdcard, to switch back and forth is as easy as booting to bootloader then booting from either jellybean boot.img or ics boot.img. So I can maintain both OS. I need to order a bigger micro sdcard, The one I have now is 8GB

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
For me a class 10 sdcard is a must, all my tablets are dual boots.

Ah yes, but the main point is that random read/write speeds are important for microsds used for dual-boot. Throughput is not the whole story in that case.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ah yes, but the main point is that random read/write speeds are important for microsds used for dual-boot. Throughput is not the whole story in that case.

I think you might have misunderstood, those tests are for booting from sdcard not running from sdcard, anyway My sdcard is good and dual-boot is running great.

I have now fix it, so fastboot isn't needed to switch between os, just use a terminal from market.

to boot into ics

su

reboot-ics

to boot into jellybean

su

reboot-jb

to reboot in current os

su

reboot.

@mcl630

Again thanks for the rom and info on the bootloader.

Last edited: