[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Your welcome.

Could you post the details of how you set up dual-boot? That would come in really handy.

moberh

Dec 26, 2012
I'm very interested in the MCL 0201 ROM, but even after reading up a lot I still have some questions:

- Is the ROM multi-lingual i.e. would it work in German ?
- Is it true that the JB battery drain issue with WiFi off is resolved with this ROM ?

I understand that to flash the ROM I first need to unlock the bootloader, which will wipe all my data;
I cannnot use Titanium backup at this point since I'm not root yet.
What approach could be recommended ?

The instructions in post #1 of this Thread are good, but collecting the Links for the various steps end-to-end was a pain... has anybody found end-to-end instructions anywhere ?

Many thanks in advance !

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
Yes German works, see screenshot at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/lenovo-ideatab-a2109/51074-howto-a2109-fastboot.html page 8. Good question about battery drain, couldn't test it till now. I went back to ICS because of the battery drain but then I had a lot of uncontrolled short flickering, so I installed JB MCL. People are saying that battery drain happens when you switch off Wifi. Other people say, after they wiped everything battery drain was gone.

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Well, Hello folks, wanted to say Thanks for allowing me flash 3 android toys, 2 phones and now my idea tab,as you can tell by my tag, I love to flash and I'm a regular at xda, specifically the evo 3d threads. Just a little background on me, so I have flashed the custom job ROM and also flashed some inverted gapps with also the zip for the 4.2 job camera,the only issue with the camera is photosphere fc's, could be because I flashed a old camera zip? Thanks :) :) :) :)

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Well, Hello folks, wanted to say Thanks for allowing me flash 3 android toys, 2 phones and now my idea tab,as you can tell by my tag, I love to flash and I'm a regular at xda, specifically the evo 3d threads. Just a little background on me, so I have flashed the custom job ROM and also flashed some inverted gapps with also the zip for the 4.2 job camera,the only issue with the camera is photosphere fc's, could be because I flashed a old camera zip? Thanks :) :) :) :)

Glad to have you over here. I hope you like the new tablet.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Oh yah, just wish this tablet would be more popular, more development but at least I'm running jb on all my devices and hopefully CM10 will arrive, I have a very bad habit of flashing mods galore and I will keep everyone up to date:) :)

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
I'm very interested in the MCL 0201 ROM, but even after reading up a lot I still have some questions:

- Is the ROM multi-lingual i.e. would it work in German ?
- Is it true that the JB battery drain issue with WiFi off is resolved with this ROM ?

I understand that to flash the ROM I first need to unlock the bootloader, which will wipe all my data;
I cannnot use Titanium backup at this point since I'm not root yet.
What approach could be recommended ?

The instructions in post #1 of this Thread are good, but collecting the Links for the various steps end-to-end was a pain... has anybody found end-to-end instructions anywhere ?

Many thanks in advance !

MCL0201 is just a modified version of the stock JB firmware, so:

It supports the same languages as stock.
Battery drain is the same. I only have trouble with battery drain on JB if I turn off the wifi.

As for backup before unlocking the bootloader, I'd look at: [GUIDE] Full Phone Backup without Unlock or Root - xda-developers
I was able to make a backup using this method, but I never tried restoring one with it. It *should* work though.

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
Let the world know, that the A2109A has no competitors, if a 10" is too large. Personally I think 8" would be better, but there is no up-to-date brand at the moment. I don't know any other brand with 9" _and_ external sdcard. And then there is the price. Comparable 10" wiuld be 150-250 €/US$ more expensiv. I bought mine for 250€, no chance to get another comparable tablet for this price. Ok, the display could be better, but it is not so bad, if you use it alone. Hey if you want, that your (girl)friend comes closer to you, look a video with the A2109A. ;-)

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Let the world know, that the A2109A has no competitors, if a 10" is too large. Personally I think 8" would be better, but there is no up-to-date brand at the moment. I don't know any other brand with 9" _and_ external sdcard. And then there is the price. Comparable 10" wiuld be 150-250 €/US$ more expensiv. I bought mine for 250€, no chance to get another comparable tablet for this price. Ok, the display could be better, but it is not so bad, if you use it alone. Hey if you want, that your (girl)friend comes closer to you, look a video with the A2109A. ;-)

LOL I know just the video, too.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
LOL I know just the video, too.

So far I found a flash able gapps package that's inverted (black) ,second jellybean 4.2 camera photosphere will or is not compatible with our tablet due to not having a gyro sensor:( , third changed the boot animation to nexus bootani. With no issue, if I have some time ?
I just might take the lenovo ROM and add some mods and add-ons, nova launcher, boot animation, inverted gapps:)

Sent on my newly rooted Tegra 3 idea Tab:) :)

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
So far I found a flash able gapps package that's inverted (black) ,second jellybean 4.2 camera photosphere will or is not compatible with our tablet due to not having a gyro sensor:( , third changed the boot animation to nexus bootani. With no issue, if I have some time ?
I just might take the lenovo ROM and add some mods and add-ons, nova launcher, boot animation, inverted gapps:)

The more mods, the better :).

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
OK, keep you folks updated on my version of the stock ROM.
I have compiled all the inverted gapps(black) and some other mods into a zip and it boots, I have replaced the boot animation, installed both apex and nova launchers, know what I need to know what bloatware would you like me to remove?
Also have miui and apollo music player and awesome beats
APIs that are inverted include
Mail
Gmail
Drop box
g reader
Calendar
Currents
Facebook and a few others
Also have desktop clock from jb 4.2
Now some apk are not up to date , oh well:D:D