[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
Simply said, remove all bloatware, which can be downloaded from play store, except these bloatware which is different from the play store.

The widget of accu weather is different (it contains wind info, which is hard to find for a widget like I want, I found https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windalert.android, but it crashes with ICS and JB and the A2109A) and News Republic. With News Republic I am not sure, if the same can be reached with the play store download. With the bloatware it was easier for me to find the news I want.

I have 2 calender installed, don't know which one I use. I use the one, which syncs the data from the google account, please keep this one.

Mail
Gmail
Drop box
g reader
Calendar
Currents
Facebook

Mail and Gmail I don't like, because it fills the free space or does not allow SSL. One of them doesn't support IMAP. I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9

Dropbox can be downloaded from the store
same with greader, so it can be removed, as long it is not different from the store
same with currents

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
This is how the paid AccuWeather Platinum Widget looks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accuweather.paid.android

$accuweather_platinum1.png$accuweather_platinum2.png

Any suggestions for a working _widget_ which shows the winddirection is welcome

colour97

Dec 15, 2012
hi all:

i got my problem solve (unable to root) - reason causing the problem is letools is for x86/64 version( i think it means 64 bits) .my previous o/s is vista so i think letools is uncompartable to install.

last 2 days i installed windows 7 64 bits and it gave response when i did the following step:

For Windows:
Code:

fastboot reboot

Immediately start tapping Volume Up until the tablet's screen says "Booting Android Recovery". then i can updated with superuser.

if i want to change the rom, i need to do the following step once again:
For JB (on Windows):
Code:

fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img

Immediately start tapping Volume Up until the tablet's screen says "Booting Android Recovery".

If you didn't press Volume Up quickly enough, it will boot into Android and overwrite CWM recovery, so you'll have to go back to fastboot and reflash.

If you did it right, CWM recovery should start. In CWM recovery, you use Volume Up and Volume Down to move the highlight up and down, and the Power button to select options.

If you need to root:

1. Select 'install zip from sdcard'
  2. Then select 'choose zip from sdcard' or 'choose zip from external sdcard' depending on where you placed the rom zip file.
  3. Now navigate to your the rom.zip and select it

thank again for your help. now i am happily using MCL0201_CIRC1PRCT_BATTERY.

and when i want to remove crabware , i will use root explorer to work it out.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Sounds like you've got it all worked out. I'm glad you're happy with mcl's mods.

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
Thank you mcl630 for all your hard work in unlocking and rooting the A2109! Unlocking the bootloader, creating a CWM recovery, building a stock JB and ICS rom, and the circular battery indicator (which is a million times better than the stock one) for the status bar..... Great Work!!
Thank you to all the others who contributed and helped!

I'm running the MCL JB rom and everything seems to perfectly smooth.

Looking forward to the future development on the A2109... Such a great device!

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Man i really want to thank you for making custom rom for A2109!!! ;) I appreciate your hard work!!!!!!:D

forkandbowl

Jan 21, 2013
Is there any way to get the ICS version? Maybe im mistaken, but would it give me better battery life? Im getting some serious drain issues. Otherwise I cant thank you enough for giving us the only rom for this device.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Is there any way to get the ICS version? Maybe im mistaken, but would it give me better battery life? Im getting some serious drain issues. Otherwise I cant thank you enough for giving us the only rom for this device.

There must be an ics rom somewhere people are going back to ics, I never left ics.

nayton

Feb 13, 2013
Hi.
This ROM have the language Portuguese ( Brazil ) ?
Is anybody have this installed in yoor tablet, would be cheked for me?
Thanks.
Nay-Ton

Stonesouls

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks mcl630, good stuff. It took me a while but, all rooted and ready to go. I would have removed most of what you removed. Any app can be saved with https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwyLDEsIm5ldC5zeWxhcmsuYXBrZXh0cmFjdG9yIl0.
and side loaded after you root.

The information to do this correctly is spread across 3-4 forums. I am an old school technical writer and engineer, if I had the time I would write a much more detailed procedure to make it easier for old guys like me who would like to root this fine tablet. I would say the majority of you are far more qualified than me to do this. Thanks again.

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Hi.
This ROM have the language Portuguese ( Brazil ) ?
Is anybody have this installed in yoor tablet, would be cheked for me?
Thanks.
Nay-Ton

If the stock Lenovo ROM supports Portuguese, then this ROM does as well.