[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

SuhiJr

Jul 23, 2011
root is working on my s7, except for some application like ron manager. you can reroot using gingerbreak, perhaps it needs to update su binary.
k

after rerooting with gingerbreak root works but after instaling few apps i can not instal or uninstall any of app and after i try to reboot tablet stopted after droid logo

magno23

Aug 22, 2011
^^ S7-105
the problems that i have are:
-browser force closes
-no automount
-i think is slower than the v2
-market don't show my apps

i think the v2 is better than the v3

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
^^ S7-105
the problems that i have are:
-browser force closes
-no automount
-i think is slower than the v2
-market don't show my apps

i think the v2 is better than the v3

I didn't get any force close until now,
- automount supposed to be working on 105, and it is reported working by 105 users in Indonesia. did you try with other USB stick?
- I did antutu benchmark several times and get higher scores with v3 (2650) with external SD card for sdcard test.
- it is normal if you restore application (even with titanium backup). in my case only less than 10 apps doesn't show in my apps. I think the only way to fix it is redownload apps from market. I use "quick market link" to quickly search applications for reinstall.

if you feel v2 better then v3, you can stick with v2, it has all the same features (except automount in v2 which can be fix later).
v3 mostly for peoples who don't like huawei emotion and like to customize the appearances.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I like it without emotiwidgthings. They constantly creep back in the background.

xsam6611

Jul 21, 2011
S7 USB Driver is no longer available for download from Huawei in Australia but still gettable from their Russian site.

a) Is it safe to install drivers downloaded from that region ?

b) how do i install the driver onto my Win7 laptop from the downloaded file ?

I do not have a Zip/Unzip program yet, so could you please recommend one that could be used by a novice to upgrade my Australian S7-104 T Touch Tab to your ROM.

By the way, thank you for your amazing work.

magno23

Aug 22, 2011
I didn't get any force close until now,
- automount supposed to be working on 105, and it is reported working by 105 users in Indonesia. did you try with other USB stick?
- I did antutu benchmark several times and get higher scores with v3 (2650) with external SD card for sdcard test.
- it is normal if you restore application (even with titanium backup). in my case only less than 10 apps doesn't show in my apps. I think the only way to fix it is redownload apps from market. I use "quick market link" to quickly search applications for reinstall.

if you feel v2 better then v3, you can stick with v2, it has all the same features (except automount in v2 which can be fix later).
v3 mostly for peoples who don't like huawei emotion and like to customize the appearances.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk
i re-installed the v3 and the auto-mount worked but i like the v2 more and is that version that i am using, the only thing i wanted in the v2 is the auto-mount

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
S7 USB Driver is no longer available for download from Huawei in Australia but still gettable from their Russian site.

a) Is it safe to install drivers downloaded from that region ?

b) how do i install the driver onto my Win7 laptop from the downloaded file ?

I do not have a Zip/Unzip program yet, so could you please recommend one that could be used by a novice to upgrade my Australian S7-104 T Touch Tab to your ROM.

By the way, thank you for your amazing work.

a. driver is included in zip file (v2 and v3), no need to download again.

b. run upgrade.cmd, there is option to install driver

c. win7 has zip/unzip utility by default.

i re-installed the v3 and the auto-mount worked but i like the v2 more and is that version that i am using, the only thing i wanted in the v2 is the auto-mount

you can use v2 and try to fix automount.

open ES file explorer, enable "root access" and "mount file system" in es file explorer settings. allow superuser permission.

open file /system/etc/vold.fstab as text, scrolldown to the last line.

edit text /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.1 , change to /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.0 and save file.

reboot and see if automount is working.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2011
This rom is absolutely beautiful! This fixes everything that huawei broke, plus runs very fast... the oly thing i miss from the stock slim rom are the ability to turn on and off devices and kill apps from the drop down

wafibogor

Sep 12, 2011
tri_zet, thanks.
i've upgraded to v3. it is better performance and touching. however, i missed two functs available in the v2: the task switcher (top right corner) and back/cancel button in the screen of each apps. well i can still use the back/cancel button in the device, but the touch on cancel button in the screen felt smooter.

mrachni

Aug 17, 2011
I`m getting message of low internal tablet storage space,i didn`t installed to many applications?