[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
Hi, Tri Zet

once i upgrade your rom, i cant using the navigation.
keeping " checking navigation availability " ?
do your guys got this error ?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Hi, Tri Zet

once i upgrade your rom, i cant using the navigation.
keeping " checking navigation availability " ?
do your guys got this error ?

afaik google navigation does not work worldwide yet, depend on the location/region.

and yes i got the same error in jakarta for every version of google maps. (old version says : "navigation not available in your location").
that's why i keep using google maps 4.6 (brut hacked)

where is your location? brunei?
do you have google navigation working on previous ROM?

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
What would be the best way to partition for this rom? I want to give the DATA2EXT a try but last try i partitioned the internal sd using windows i could not access my sd anymore.

I guess partitioning on the phone using rom manager/clockworkmod would be best?

UPDATE: i experimented a bit and it turns out you have to reboot the tablet after repartitioning(something pretty much all guides seem to leave out). I connected to a laptop with gparted, partitioned, got the message sdcard is damaged, then reboted and formatted the fat32 partition. Then installed link2sd which formatted the ext2 partition again. About to install this rom now.

UPDATE2: i get this error message trying to install
===============================================================================
Getting ADB shell root
===============================================================================

489 KB/s (585731 bytes in 1.168s)
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
'find' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Last edited:

chan2011

May 3, 2011
> Data2ext, i modified boot.img to mount 2nd partition internal sdcard as data path so you will have extra space for application. since it mount at boot time, so widgets application will run with no problem.
(you have to make partition on internal sd card before applying this boot.img)

1. download upgrade pack from here : S7-mod-slim.zip
2. extract zip file then run :

upgrade-data2ext.cmd if you want use DATA2EXT

3. read the instruction on the screen and wait until upgrade process finish.
4. Enjoy your new Ideos S7 with S7 slim taste
5. hit thanks button if you like it

Hi Tri_zet,

I saw this and am interested in trying the data2ext version. However I am having difficulty in running the cmd - it kept saying that I did not have a second partition on my sd card. I have my first partition which contains data as a primary FAT32, and have tried primary/logical FAT32, primary EXT2, primary/logical unformatted on the second. None worked.

Can you explain how the sd card should be partitioned?

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
afaik google navigation does not work worldwide yet, depend on the location/region.

and yes i got the same error in jakarta for every version of google maps. (old version says : "navigation not available in your location").
that's why i keep using google maps 4.6 (brut hacked)

where is your location? brunei?
do you have google navigation working on previous ROM?

oh ya ! i think it didnt working on location Brunei.
i tries pervious ROm also have this problem.

one more things, did you have Download problem on google market.
previously working fine on google market , now i cant download success on market.
anyway to slove this problem. i try to rest my S7, its working fine. after that i face the download problem again. does anyone have this problem ? how to solve it ?

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
Flashing went ok this time but my tablet got stuck at the ideos logo. Do we have to be on the Indonesian rom when running the update script? I was running the froyo fusion before. Now gonna install the indonesia rom and then try the update again.

Maybe this will help people having problems flashing:

As i wrote above my tablet got stuck on the ideos logo after trying to update from the froyo fusion rom. I then installed the indonesian update rom, enabled USB debugging in the settings and ran upgrade-data2ext.cmd again. Fash went fine and after that my tablet booted rightaway. It automatically rebooted twice and after that things seemed to be fine. Installed titanium backup and noticed something was not right with the superuser app as Titanium backup could not get root privileges. Now that i think it of it it's probably because i did not root the indonesian rom after installing.

So i installed and ran gingerbreak 1.20 to root my device, rebooted automatically and then boot took a bit longer than before and tried titanium backup again. This time no problem with root privileges. Internal now shows 1.08 GB free so succesful flash and DATA2EXT finally! System rom could use some trimming it seems as it only has 38.8 MB free but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Last edited:

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
Hi guys,

i had a problem on google market. " not only me even my friends "
we cannot download any app in market.
1.we try to Factory Data Reset, sign in google market, But we still cannot download app in market.
Does anyone have this issue ?
2.after few testing Factory Data Reset, Now my factory data reset cannot work anymore. it's weired.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
I use brazilian one and market work well.
I think that you have some problems with your flash drive.
Have you tried a new install?

Last edited:

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
I cleared market app data, then ran market enabler,set to germany and after that i could download from the market.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Hi guys,

i had a problem on google market. " not only me even my friends "
we cannot download any app in market.
1.we try to Factory Data Reset, sign in google market, But we still cannot download app in market.
Does anyone have this issue ?
2.after few testing Factory Data Reset, Now my factory data reset cannot work anymore. it's weired.

1. what kind of network are you using? in my experience, i got problem downloading from market if using wifi network. i dont have any problem if using gsm network.

2. Factory data reset does not work for nowbecause of it will not erase/format data2ext partition. it will be fix for next release.

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
1. what kind of network are you using? in my experience, i got problem downloading from market if using wifi network. i dont have any problem if using gsm network.

2. Factory data reset does not work for nowbecause of it will not erase/format data2ext partition. it will be fix for next release.

1.Do you still have download problem using wifi network ? how to slove it downloading app from market ? any solution from yourside ?
2.i flash with upgrade-noext.cmd.

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011

kmiller1021

Jun 19, 2011
Where are you guys findingthat people are posting their roms? I am going to try this one, but am interested in trying all I can. Any info would be great.Sent from my S7 Slim.