[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
updated, see first page

Good to see you are still working on this. Does the kernel have CIFS support? Also are you using any special way to setup the DATA2EXT? It works much better than on my desire phone. Could this be because the internal storage s faster than a micro sd card?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
No, I didn't do any special tweaks for data2ext. I took necessary files from slim boot.img to make it work the way s7 slim work. But perhaps huawei did it in init file which I couldn't find how it format and tune ext4 file system.

I think internal SD card is class 6, so it is average performance with available SD card in market.

I didn't add CIFS to kernel.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
No, I didn't do any special tweaks for data2ext. I took necessary files from slim boot.img to make it work the way s7 slim work. But perhaps huawei did it in init file which I couldn't find how it format and tune ext4 file system.

I think internal SD card is class 6, so it is average performance with available SD card in market.

I didn't add CIFS to kernel.

Any chance of adding CIFS to the kernel? That's pretty much the only thing i miss on my S7. I mentioned it before but here is the CIFS kernel thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ical/7812-cifs-kernel-module-also-tun-ko.html

cakdavid

Apr 17, 2011
Hi tri_zet, I'm proud of you, as an Indonesian!
Go tri_zet go! (^-^) Go Indonesia go!
modify and develope it!

catatan kaki *siapa bilang orang Indonesia cuma bisa beli doang? hehehehehe

Jota

May 25, 2011
Well, Tri_zet I installed your last rom in my Ideos S7-105, and, as I was expecting (I've got the same behavior in other stock rom's, the Indonesian and the Taiwan, as I can remember), one thing is not working good: the touch screen.

The 105 has capacitive touch, and with your rom the sensitivity is very bad. Worst is yhe fact that it only recognizes the touches with some offset, that is, one must touch a little bit off the side for the touch be recognized. As you can imagine, that is not very practical!
Also, the screen contrast is very poor, that sometimes makes difficult to read he menus.
The stock rom that works good with the 105 is the Sweden Expert. So, maybe you could perhaps cook a rom using that kernel...?

Apart from that, your mods are great, congrats, everything seems to work ok (and fast)!
(is the browser the original one from the Slim?)

elvis56

Jun 6, 2011
Well, Tri_zet I installed your last rom in my Ideos S7-105, and, as I was expecting (I've got the same behavior in other stock rom's, the Indonesian and the Taiwan, as I can remember), one thing is not working good: the touch screen.

The 105 has capacitive touch, and with your rom the sensitivity is very bad. Worst is yhe fact that it only recognizes the touches with some offset, that is, one must touch a little bit off the side for the touch be recognized. As you can imagine, that is not very practical!
Also, the screen contrast is very poor, that sometimes makes difficult to read he menus.
The stock rom that works good with the 105 is the Sweden Expert. So, maybe you could perhaps cook a rom using that kernel...?

Apart from that, your mods are great, congrats, everything seems to work ok (and fast)!

I have been running this rom(well v1 that is) for about 2 weeks now on ideos 105 and no problems at all with the touch screen or display of colors.

Jota

May 25, 2011
I have been running this rom(well v1 that is) for about 2 weeks now on ideos 105 and no problems at all with the touch screen or display of colors.

As I said, the problem is not only with this rom, but also with other stock rom's (in some it is more bad than on others).
It could be my device, but it works ok with most of the European ones (2.1) and the SE (2.2).
Did you try the Sweden Expert (2.2), just to notice if you feel any difference??

EDIT:
and, also, with the SE (2.2) the device seems to work cooler and the battery lasts longer.

Last edited:

gadgetuser

Jun 4, 2011
Really like the look of this rom as I have the s7-103 and want to install all apps and data onto the SD card to save internal memory. What is the best way to partition the SD, GParted or another method.

Also, why can't this be flashed via CWR, wiping data/cache prior to flashing? Any thoughts guys !

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011

try to touch the lower set of buttons on your keyboard, if you can not (or difficult) to touch it, that's mean your screen was not calibrated properly. (usually when you calibrating screen while holding the tablet, you touch to low when touching the lower parts of calibration markings).
i recognized this when i couldn't use the lower set buttons of the keyboard.

try to recalibrate your screen (or factory reset) and make sure you touch the center of orange calibration marking.

i am not sure about the contrast. perhaps on the original S7 froyo, all menu's are white fonts on the black backgroud.
while on the slim ROM, parts of it are white over the black, and parts of it are black over the white. so it used some gray blackground to make both white/black fonts visible and make the contrast look poor.

yes the browser is stock from slim ROM

Really like the look of this rom as I have the s7-103 and want to install all apps and data onto the SD card to save internal memory. What is the best way to partition the SD, GParted or another method.

Also, why can't this be flashed via CWR, wiping data/cache prior to flashing? Any thoughts guys !

you can use EASEUS or PWHE to partition your sd card

yes this one can't be flashed via cwr, i build the image using mkyaffs so i can flash it directly using fastboot without the need process to copy files/reboot to cwm/update.

i prefer to use this methode because this is faster to build and flash for my testing.

wiping data/cache also done using fastboot.

Jota

May 25, 2011
try to touch the lower set of buttons on your keyboard, if you can not (or difficult) to touch it, that's mean your screen was not calibrated properly. (usually when you calibrating screen while holding the tablet, you touch to low when touching the lower parts of calibration markings).
i recognized this when i couldn't use the lower set buttons of the keyboard.

try to recalibrate your screen (or factory reset) and make sure you touch the center of orange calibration marking.

i am not sure about the contrast. perhaps on the original S7 froyo, all menu's are white fonts on the black backgroud.
while on the slim ROM, parts of it are white over the black, and parts of it are black over the white. so it used some gray blackground to make both white/black fonts visible and make the contrast look poor.

yes the browser is stock from slim ROM

As long as I know, capacitive screens don't need to be calibrated...??
(at least I never did it on a capacitive one, only on resistive)

It occurs to me that it could be just some configuration setting, not with the kernel itself?
Or, in last scenario, could be my fingers... ;-)
Anyway, I did a factory reset and I will test for a few days to see if it improves.

Yes, the contrast issue could be just a poor background/foreground/font colors choice.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
My bad, I overlooked the "capacitive" part.

Well, you don't need to factory reset to do recalibration (if calibration exist).

Using root explorer, delete file /data/data/com.android.setting/files/pointercal

That is the calibration file for resistive screen, if you don't have the file then your screen doesn't need calibration.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Will this rom work on on a s7 slim. Because if it does that means the s7 should be able to have phone capabilities once the black rubber of death is removed from the sim slot.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
hey I really need to know if this will work with the s7 slim asap because I got the black rubber removed and if this will work then i will have a rockin s7 slim with phone capabilities!!!