[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
hey I really need to know if this will work with the s7 slim asap because I got the black rubber removed and if this will work then i will have a rockin s7 slim with phone capabilities!!!

you can not use it for s7-slim, it use different kernel. (at least i try to use s7-slim kernel, it will not boot on s7-classic)

edit :
nevermind, you found the official s7-slim firmware thread already.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
I did find the original firmware and flashed properly but I can't get the device to see my sim card. Any suggestions

Jota

May 25, 2011
I did find the original firmware and flashed properly but I can't get the device to see my sim card. Any suggestions
I would guess that the phone hardware is not present in the wifi version ...Why would Huawei pay the 3G license fees to include the phone if it were not to use it?

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
but it ha the slot and they cancelled it last minute. plus SA version has mobile capabilities installed...

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
Hi Tri Zet,recently i am using your 1st Posted ROM and i had some error.- Factory data reset NO working- Google Market - Unsucess to downloading APP in market.BTW, i am pretty interesting to try your new update.Please help me to get through below step since i already zip up the file.5. connect/reconnect USB cable if necessary to make sure ADB driver installed properly6. Run file upgrade.cmdThank you.

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
Can anyone teach me the step to upgrade ??
I had Downloaded and zip up the file.
But I don't know how to get through? ?
What is the next step? ? Please advice me.
Thank you!

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Can anyone teach me the step to upgrade ??
I had Downloaded and zip up the file.
But I don't know how to get through? ?
What is the next step? ? Please advice me.
Thank you!

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

> extract zip file on PC.

> enable USB debugging on your tablet then connect USB cable

> Run file upgrade.cmd inside the extracted folder

(i guess you have usb driver installed already because you are using v0.1, so you can skip installing drivers)

Thom54

Jul 1, 2011
followed all instructies, but after selecting C (flash) and Y (backup), the message is that there is no connection (USB is connected) and USB debugging on.
I am using S7-105 (Dutch) with Froyo (indonesian) Build number S7V100R001C98B021. System has root access. Any idea?

By the way: thanks for Froyo update, works great.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
followed all instructies, but after selecting C (flash) and Y (backup), the message is that there is no connection (USB is connected) and USB debugging on.
I am using S7-105 (Dutch) with Froyo (indonesian) Build number S7V100R001C98B021. System has root access. Any idea?

By the way: thanks for Froyo update, works great.

have you installed huawei usb driver?

Jota

May 25, 2011
Well...

Been using this Rom for about a week, some thoughts:

- Tri_zet has done a great job, in particular with the ext4 integration for the "data" partition
- the looks and functionality are a improvement from the stock Froyo Rom's
- the use of a "data" partition on the Sdcard seems to slow down a little the overall speed, so for those who have few apps installed, maybe better without "data2sd"
- the browser crashes a lot
- the phone very often stops to work after some calls, needs a tablet reboot to work again
- on my S7-105 still lacks sensitivity on the touch screen, compared to the 2.2 Sweden Rom. Not a kernel problem, just some settings in "/system/etc" I guess, but still don't know what and where to change.

The phone and the speed problems could be resolved using the original kernel from Huawei Froyo. (maybe Tri_zet's one lacks some optimizations??)
If anyone wants to try, just fastboot flash the "system-trzmod2.img" over a stock Rom.

coolboy33

Jul 10, 2011
Hi friends
any1 plz help me how to mount internal SD card in telstra s7(Australian)
Already on Trz mod rom

Last edited:

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
so this does NOT use CWM correct? or does it install a customer CWM that is not like froyofusion?

lost2

Jul 24, 2011
hi mate i install your rom but i lost my internal memory ( total space - unvailable , Available space - unvailable ) any help here..... i install again the [h=2]Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021 and there the same problem i install yours again and still can't see my internal memory[/h]

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
hi mate i install your rom but i lost my internal memory ( total space - unvailable , Available space - unvailable ) any help here..... i install again the [h=2]Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021 and there the same problem i install yours again and still can't see my internal memory[/h]
Try to format internal SD card in settings.