[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
The phone and the speed problems could be resolved using the original kernel from Huawei Froyo. (maybe Tri_zet's one lacks some optimizations??)
If anyone wants to try, just fastboot flash the "system-trzmod2.img" over a stock Rom.

But what about ext4 integration? The "system-trzmod2.img" give ext4 integration?

Thanks.

EDIT: Best stock rom for S7-105?

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
But what about ext4 integration? The "system-trzmod2.img" give ext4 integration?

Thanks.

EDIT: Best stock rom for S7-105?

yes it use Data2Emmc with ext4 partition, the same thing with original Ideos S7 Slim does. except you have to create partition and format by yourself.

if you have 2nd partition on internal sd card with EXT2 formatted, the ROM will format it as EXT4 at initial boot and use as data2emmc. no worry about internal memory size to install aplication.

about stability, it is very stable same as S7 slim.

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
yes it use Data2Emmc with ext4 partition, the same thing with original Ideos S7 Slim does. except you have to create partition and format by yourself.

if you have 2nd partition on internal sd card with EXT2 formatted, the ROM will format it as EXT4 at initial boot and use as data2emmc. no worry about internal memory size to install aplication.

about stability, it is very stable same as S7 slim.

Which stock rom do you recommend for S7-105? Sweden Rom?

Data2Emmc is on market or it is incluided on rom?

Thanks for you patient...

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
Help!! I'm trying to fastboot flash system-trzmod2.img....

On fastboot mode:

- fastboot flash system system-trzmod2.img
sending 'system' (198517 KB)...

And nothing happen! :( bricked??? please no!

Trying to install on Sweden 2.2.2 stock rom...

EDIT: Not bricked... :) Home+back and reboot...

On CMD:
FAILED (data transfer failure (No such file or directory))

I don't know how to install over stock rom... :confused:

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
nothing happen?

it seems everything normal, sending 200MB could take some time and not finish yet.

after sending finish, it will "writing xxxxxx KB".

overall process about 5 minutes.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
nothing happen?

it seems everything normal, sending 200MB could take some time and not finish yet.

after sending finish, it will "writing xxxxxx KB".

overall process about 5 minutes.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk

More than 10 minutes and nothing, I will try again, thanks!

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
Installed, but Data2EXT4 is not working, 113mb free on tablet :( (I have 1.5 gb ext2 part).

EDIT: factory reset and nothing yet...

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
did you flash the whole ROM including boot and system.img or system.img only?

if you flash system.img only, data2emmc will not work. you need boot.img to mount it as /data

just run file upgrade.cmd to let it flash boot, system and recovery.

if you are using Linux, flash boot, system and recovery using fastboot.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
1. Enable file sharing for your PC, and connect your tablet to network
2. download/install CIFS manager from marker
3. download/install ES file explorer
4. download network scanner (scannify/overlook fing, etc) if you don't know your PC IP address
5. run CIFS manager and allow Superuser permission
6. klik new share, and enter your PC share path, user/password. (mount point wiil be automatically created by CIFS manager but you can change mount point)
cifs.jpg

7. choose network path you want to open and klik mount. if succesfuly mounted you will get green mark
cifs-1.jpg

8. klik network path or open ES file explorer to browse files
cifs-2.jpg

9. now you can play media music/movie directly from network without copying files to your tablet.
cifs-4.jpg

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
How to mount NTFS formatted disk (read only)

1. download/install terminal emulator
2. connect USB OTG adapter and your disk
3. run terminal emulator and allow superuser permission
4. write this command
Code:
$ su
# /s /dev/block

5. take a look ls output, if it is properly connected you will see sda/sda1/sda2 or sdb/sdb1 etc (depend on how you formatted your disk)

6. now mount your partition
Code:
# mount -t ntfs -o umask=022 /dev/block/sda1 /udisk

7. check if it it properly mounted. if it is properly mounted you can browse using ES file explorer
Code:
# ls /udisk/
mount-ntfs.jpg

8. after finish, unmounted using terminal emulator
Code:
# umount /udisk/

edit : has been tested mounting external HDD and confirmed working with notes, you have to use external adaptor to supply power to HDD

Last edited:

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
1. Enable file sharing for your PC, and connect your tablet to network
2. download/install CIFS manager from marker
3. download/install ES file explorer
4. download network scanner (scannify/overlook fing, etc) if you don't know your PC IP address
5. run CIFS manager and allow Superuser permission
6. klik new share, and enter your PC share path, user/password. (mount point wiil be automatically created by CIFS manager but you can change mount point)
cifs.jpg

7. choose network path you want to open and klik mount. if succesfuly mounted you will get green mark
cifs-1.jpg

8. klik network path or open ES file explorer to browse files
cifs-2.jpg

9. now you can play media music/movie directly from network without copying files to your tablet.
cifs-4.jpg

Thanks! You can try "File Expert" (from market) for CIFS too.

sr74dragan

Aug 14, 2011
huawei ideos S7 slim - I tried to install a new rom but the knock and safe mode and it's not touch screen. the screen shows: Touch screen Celibration Plase follow the steps cerefully. but I can not do anything, I switch it up so you remove the battery from the tablet. Help please.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
this rom is not for s7 slim. it is for s7 classic.

flash official rom for s7 slim.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

thegenie

Aug 16, 2011
Hello guys, thanks for your great work and wonderful efforts. I happen to have obtained what I assume is a newer UPDATA file for S7 Slim from Huawei.

Maybe someone already has it, (S7-201u V100R001C184B013). The one for MTN South Africa is (S7-201u V100R001C106B013).

I have both, have flashed both on my S7 Slim, and found the former to be better (the latter did not immediately bring up data service on my device).

If the devs need it, and knows where I may upload it to, pls notify me.

Also, I am considering trying the MODs here; the auto-rotate functionality on mine doesn't work when the device wakes from sleep. Perhaps this is fixed in the cooked ROM?

Thanks again...