[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

thegenie

Aug 16, 2011
do u have the original updata.app?? or unmodified system.img & boot.img?

I have the Huawei provided UPDATA.APP for S7 Slim, the file name is (S7-201u V100R001C184B013). I also have the version for MTN South Africa (S7-201u V100R001C106B013) Where may I upload them for you?

thegenie

Aug 16, 2011
Seems there's some confusion on this thread regarding S7 and S7 Slim. It is not very clear which posts relate for S7 and which relate to S7 Slim. Is the GSensor fix for S7 or S7 Slim? I have the S7 Slim, and would like to install a new ROM, or apply available patches.

Thanks to all :)

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
not necessary, I've downloaded some of the latest slim firmware. looking for some spare time to test it.

thanks anyway

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Seems there's some confusion on this thread regarding S7 and S7 Slim. It is not very clear which posts relate for S7 and which relate to S7 Slim. Is the GSensor fix for S7 or S7 Slim? I have the S7 Slim, and would like to install a new ROM, or apply available patches.

Thanks to all :)

it is on the specific sub forum "s7" not "s7 slim".

if you have the latest firmware for s7 slim I think the patch is included.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
If I want a bigger ext4 part, can I resize partitions? I have 1.5gb on ext4 part.

you can use parted magic to resize partition. it is linux boot cd. never use it for ext4, but I always use it for ext3.

Nov 21, 2010
Okay, so all the drivers were installed correctly. Went to do the update, declined to back up my apps, and the program seemed to install everything and then rebooted.

As far as I know it only rebooted once.

It went into errors to forcequit both android.process.acore and android.process.media

I cannot seem to make this work at all. Any advice?

drTaruna

Jun 1, 2011
Bro, I use slim v0.1. Is the G-sensor patch work as with v0.2?
Rotated Google SkyMaps has been fixed?
Thank you very much. Try to dload and try it soon :)

Cak_Salas

Aug 18, 2011
huawei ideos S7 slim - I tried to install a new rom but the knock and safe mode and it's not touch screen. the screen shows: Touch screen Celibration Plase follow the steps cerefully. but I can not do anything, I switch it up so you remove the battery from the tablet. Help please.

I was on the phone with Huawei today and learned how to do a factory reset when your touchscreen will not respond to anything.

With the unit powered off, press and hold volume+back key and press power button.

I have not yet tried to do this. If someone can confirm that it does work that would be great.

I was do had the same problem just like you, finnaly i've found the answer, it's SOLVED!!!

just download the original firmware here :
Huawei Firmware S7 - MoDaCo

i did this one :
http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&fileName=110721015118.zip&attachmentName=S7-201u%20V100R001C186B015(Indonesia%20XL%20Axiata).zip

because my device is Indonesian with XL (GSM Operator) bundled

extract the archive, put "unlmt.cfg" and "UPDATA.APP" in "dload" folder (you must create this folder in your root sd card)
then insert your sd card, power on, you'll see progress bar, wait untill OK

done!

your Huawei Ideos S7 Slim just like first time you bought.

(thank's to everyone who shared, and internet)

Cak_Salas

Aug 18, 2011
this rom is not for s7 slim. it is for s7 classic.

flash official rom for s7 slim.

thank's to tri_zet for you great works
just for you to know that in "S7 Slim" we still have the same problem with g-sensor, we're still waiting your next masterpiece for "S7 Slim"
(and i have same problem like sr74dragan when i use your ROM, and i'm stupid because didn't read well)

plis PM-in yah kalo ROM yang ini udah bisa buat "S7 Slim" ato malah ada yang baru, soalnya kereeeeenn...

Terima kasih... anda telah membuat bangga Indonesia!!!

manfly9884

Jun 18, 2010
Great ROM. My only question is how do you get the impressive storage numbers: 14.6 for Total Space? Thanks in advance

thegenie

Aug 16, 2011
it is on the specific sub forum "s7" not "s7 slim".

if you have the latest firmware for s7 slim I think the patch is included.

dload.rar

Above is a link to the firmware (UPDATA) that I have on my S7 Slim. This still had the g-sensor problem (g-sensor fails when device wakes from sleep). I installed the modded ROM from here, but after reboot, touch screen wasn't working. Had to flash back using the UPDATA file.

I then tried to apply the patches from the g-sensor fix archive. Turns out the device wont completely boot-up (Yes, I noticed it says it'll take longer - I left it for over 1 hour! :D). Then decided to patch with only one file - patch 1, and auto-rotate works better now, though it still takes a while to trigger. The patch 2 file failed to boot the device, wish I knew the specific function that performs.

I suspect there may be driver differences between the SA Firmware and the one I am using. I tested SA firmware, and noticed that data (gprs/edge/umts/hspa) wouldn't come up. Not sure, just suspect....

Guess I'll wait for the next iteration of tri-zet's firmware based on a later firmware, and try again. I clearly loved to see the buzzing bee (honey-comb) boot animation :), and other enhancements.

Thanks again to tri-zet,

Cheers to everyone :)

rla

Jul 8, 2011
[ROM] tri_zet IDEOS_S7 Slim Mod

I used this rom and fint it the perfect one for my use but while signing in useing maile type exchane i receive the following message:

"setup could not finish unable to open cummunication to server"

Can you help me?

Thanks

magno23

Aug 22, 2011
i installed this rom, but now i want to install the original firmware, how do i do that?
i tried to put the files of the original firmware in the sd card but i can't install them

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
put the eclair 2.1 original rom on a sd card and it will boot and nuke everything. then do the same for 2.2.2 - you must double flash the original roms (2.1,indo 2.2.2) or else. triple flash if you want. 2.1 first then 2.2 - really that simple!