[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Rico does this indicate that one can utilize SetCPU profiles in CM7/Gingerbread ROMs. I have been waiting for some clarification on this as earlier builds we were told not to use profiles. Any info would be great.

Would love to know more about this. Thanks!

brad0383

Feb 23, 2011
I have found that when I use SetCPU profiles with CM7 I get a lot of random reboots. I tracked it down to when the screen turned off and it switched profiles it would reboot.

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
Just flashed and got everything set up. Easy install. Booted up first time in about 2 minutes. Restored all apps from TiBu. Seems to be working fine.

Agree this is snappier than Phiremod beta2. Tried to run quadrant full benchmark - got error on video decoding CPU test. Has anyone else seen this?

Overall, this looks interesting. Going to play with it for a few days at least.

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Rico does this indicate that one can utilize SetCPU profiles in CM7/Gingerbread ROMs. I have been waiting for some clarification on this as earlier builds we were told not to use profiles. Any info would be great.

Would love to know more about this. Thanks!
Nope guys, it won't work. But there is a default app to change clock speed ( CM7 Settings)

Tried to run quadrant full benchmark - got error on video decoding CPU test. Has anyone else seen this?
Yes, it is normal. Quadrant doesn't works on UD / CM7 builds

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Just flashed and got everything set up. Easy install. Booted up first time in about 2 minutes. Restored all apps from TiBu. Seems to be working fine.

Agree this is snappier than Phiremod beta2. Tried to run quadrant full benchmark - got error on video decoding CPU test. Has anyone else seen this?

Overall, this looks interesting. Going to play with it for a few days at least.

Quadrant always locks up on the h.264 decoding. Seems to have something to do with DSP/Hardware acceleration not yet implemented. I believe this is filed under the "coming soon" banner.

BTW Mazo is beautiful I'm from MadTown originally but I am a long ways from there these days. Used to climb Gibraltar on weekends.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I am loving the ADW launcher on UD 3.1.2. I was going to try Zeam, but I'll stick with ADW; it is fast and has lots of features!

Quick question: on the status bar, right next to wifi icon, something comes on and off for about a split second. I can't even see what it is... Anyone with a better sight/knowledge? :D

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for letting us know.

I am assuming you have the same speed (i.e., 925) in SetCPU and in UD. I am going to apply your SetCPU profiles setting and report back :D

Yes, of course :)

-increased clock to 925mhz
-set screen off to 300mhz profile
-set charging full to 300mhz profile
-set battery at 60% to 800mhz profile
-set battery at 40% to 600mhz profile
-set battery at 20% to 300mhz profile
-set up threshold to 65%

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Question... are you guys running the earlier release or the nightly? Did you have to donate in order to be able to download the nightly? I have been told this over at XDA:

From their Facebook page, on Monday:

Ultimate Droid
Nightlies have now been opened to more people! Donators can now access nightlies. :) (Must have signed up and donated on the forums) Nightlies start back tonight.

The message that comes up if you try to download a nightly and haven't donated:

[#10852] You do not have permission to download this file

bkcdroid

Feb 2, 2011
I've been a UD donator and subscriber since Aug. I belive in paying for apps and roms and kernels etc as these are everyday guys who work their butts off to solve problems and put out quality products... I'm running nightly #3 and not looking back! Every nightly upgrades something and the UD team is putting out a lot of goodness our way with several of their Dev team owning nooks now.

Sent from my nc using Android Tablet Forum App

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Yes, of course :)

-increased clock to 925mhz
-set screen off to 300mhz profile
-set charging full to 300mhz profile
-set battery at 60% to 800mhz profile
-set battery at 40% to 600mhz profile
-set battery at 20% to 300mhz profile
-set up threshold to 65%

Thanks for the settings. I am using SetCPU 2.1.1a. For the "charging full" in your post, I have "Charging, Charging AC and Charging USB" as options; I just picked "Charging" to cover all the bases.

What are the Priority scores that you are using for the above 5 profiles? Thanks!

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Clarification please- Avi you said that SetCPU profiles do not work on CM7, then Rico said that they work on this ROM (UD) which is based on CM7, no?

I have used SetCPU effectively with CM7 but again was told not to use profiles. Its really not that big a deal as I realize that some things work and some things don't. I would just love to know if there is any viable reason to switch from nightlies to UD.

I am just trying to gather as much info as possible, thanks.

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
I have seen the SetCPU on this do the same as what it does on CM7. It might just be my Nook COlor, but if you look at the Spare Parts App in Battery History, you will see that your NC is not sleeping after using SetCPU. That is the glitch. For now, I am back to running just the UD settings profiles and disabled SetCPU until this is fixed. Like I said, it may just be mine, but my NC was awake for 10+ hours yesterday without sleeping while I was at work with the SetCPU running. Will check today again when I get home to see without it running.