[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Then don't.. Go install 5.1 and have it all, right now. Youtube works and QQPlayer works with the same movies that the NC autonooter used to run.

Do you mind sharing your "likes and dislikes" for UD 3.1.2 and Phiremod 5.1? Thanks!

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
You shouldn't be getting fcs. Did you wipe before install? Are you using stock kernel.

Sent from my fascinate

I wiped data before I installed.

But- I was using a different kernel before I installed UD. I was using the 950 mhz kernel on pre-rooted 1.1 rom.

Also, last night after rebooting, it was stuck in bootloops for 15 mins or more, so I had to go into CWR and do a restore to get it to stop.

So something is wrong. Should I be using the stock kernel?
(If so, I'm a noob and note sure where I would find it)
Thanks!

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Do you mind sharing your "likes and dislikes" for UD 3.1.2 and Phiremod 5.1? Thanks!

Sure thing..

UD 3.1.2

Likes - Very stable, good battery life.
Dislikes - Lack of video, Youtube and Flash, plus the developer likes to throw too much hacker crap aroud in the menus and lockscreen.. I don't want mine to looked hacked, I want it to look "normal"..

Phiremod 5.1.

Likes - Very stable, amazing battery life, very little mention of the fact that it's a hacked OS.. Looks like plain old Android. Youtube, Flash and movies work as expected. I didn't like v5.0 because it destroyed my battery, but I've since learned that it was probably the fact that I had SetCPU installed and it was conflicting with the built-in overclocking. I left it off this install and my battery life is much, much better. Typically when I'd leave my NC on but asleep overnight, I'd see a 25% or more drop in the battery. Lastnight, I lost only 5%..

Dislikes - Nothing comes to mind. Seriously, I can't think of a single thing that I dislike about this ROM.. I do have an issue where i I turn it off and leave it off more than a few minutes, it won't power back up properly. I'm 100% sure it's my own fault though, because I formatted my boot and it hasn't worked exactly right since. No biggie though, I just boot off my CWR card and then reboot it, everything comes back. I don't attribute that to v5.1 at all.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I wiped data before I installed.

But- I was using a different kernel before I installed UD. I was using the 950 mhz kernel on pre-rooted 1.1 rom.

Also, last night after rebooting, it was stuck in bootloops for 15 mins or more, so I had to go into CWR and do a restore to get it to stop.

So something is wrong. Should I be using the stock kernel?
(If so, I'm a noob and note sure where I would find it)
Thanks!

Use the stock kernel that came bundled with UD. But if it is giving you problems you may want to try the Gingerbread CM7 kernel. Froyo kernels prolly will not work with this Rom since it is GB. Did you wipe data AND cache before installing UD? If you did not also wipe cache it will give you these errors.

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
Ok, I didn't wipe cache...
I'm going to try that now...

edit:
Looks like wiping data AND both caches worked!
One weird thing: the lockscreen is now the size of a phone, it wasn't like that before, but no big deal

I have a status bar now and no FC when I go into settings, so I'm happy

Last edited:

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I have been using UD 3.1.2 for a few days now. Aside from the YouTube app not working I have really been happy with this ROM except for 1 thing. BATTERY LIFE SUCKS!. I dont know why but the battery life with this ROM is horrible. Before you ask I am not using SetCPU although I did initially install it. But when I realized the ROM had it's own overclock control I uninstalled it. The battery life was so bad that I could watch the battery % drop just as I held it. I would say I was getting maybe 4-5 hours from my NC.

I just restored my Froyo 668 which I also like a lot. And will live with it for a day or so to see it my battery life goes back to normal . Then I plan to reinstall UD again and then restore my Titanium back up. I really like this ROM a lot. I hope my battery issue is an anomaly since this is the closest I have seen to a great tablet OS for my NC.

Are others seeing such a big drop in battery life??

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I saw the same thing on Phiremod 5.0 when I used SetCPU.. I think that once it is used, there is no going back. I flashed to 5.1 though, and it's great. Maybe re-flash UD?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Yes kind of what I thought that SetCPU corrupted the build. Thats why I made the Titanium backup. So is the 5.1 the CM or Phiremod build? Also is it the one with BT working?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Phiremod, and some people say BT is working, but I've not managed to make mine work. Haven't tried really hard though.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks. Just copied the CM7 nightly and Gapps to my Ext SD card. Downloading Phiremod 5.1 now. Did you try the vanilla CM7?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok, I didn't wipe cache...
I'm going to try that now...

edit:
Looks like wiping data AND both caches worked!
One weird thing: the lockscreen is now the size of a phone, it wasn't like that before, but no big deal

I have a status bar now and no FC when I go into settings, so I'm happy

I am glad it is working now. Lockscreen should return to normal size after a reboot.

Are others seeing such a big drop in battery life??

Yea battery life is low for me too, but is better since I stopped using setCPU. 6hrs battery is good enough for me since I am always near an outlet, but I am sure it will get better with newer builds. Gingerbread is very memory intensive. I think battery life is probably better on CM7 or a one of the newer UD nightlies.

Last edited:

breebauer

Dec 6, 2010
I had setcpu installed on mine before I re-flashed. This time I didn't install setcpu and used the built in settings (that I didn't have acess to before) and I can see a big improvement in battery life after one day.

Side note- when I had 1.1, I had cell standby disabled. On this rom, it's not, and it shows 37% battery usage right now. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am not sure if cell standby will effect battery, because I do not think the Nook accesses any 3g cell towers. But I am not absolutely sure how that works.