[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Just wanted to report back that my WiFi problems at work is now solved completely after switching to Phiremod 5.1. Since both ROMs are based on CM7 (Gingerbread), I'll be sticking with Phiremod from now on until Honeycomb becomes the norm.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Side note- when I had 1.1, I had cell standby disabled. On this rom, it's not, and it shows 37% battery usage right now. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I believe this has been shown to not be an issue for battery life. If you make modifications to eliminate cell standby your battery usage will simple shift to phone idle or another catagory resulting in the same amount of battery drain overall.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP: Nook Color UD 3.2.0 released

UD 3.2.0 Changelog
--------------------------------

- Updated kernel for:
* Droid 1
* G2
* Evo
* myTouch 4g
* GTablet
* Nook Color
* Incredible
* Nexus S

- Updated proprietary files for:
* G2
* Evo
* myTouch 4g
* Incredible

- synced with AOSP
- clean up in builds of all phones
- updated googles apps
- updated market app
- updated all apps on the server
- saved even more space in system across all builds

- Many updates to the UD Launcher
* lots of code cleanup and fixes
* 7 screens
* four shortcuts in landscape
* configurable auto rotation
* double tap for previews
* configurable long-press on screen
* the ability to show and hide icon and shortcut titles
* full screen mode

- Updated Themes Menu in UD Extras
* 3 Official Ultimate Droid Theme (UD Nexus Red, Blue, Green)
* 20 theme chooser themes to choose
* graphical user interface
* Themer info
* Themer Donation links
* Twitter info
* submit your own themes

- added custom installs menu to the UD Extras Menu
- Added option to show/hide carrier label (Nihanth - UD Settings -> Status Bar Tweaks)
- Added option to show/hide scrollbar in notification power widget (Nihanth - UD Settings -> Notification Power Widget)
- added configurable AM/PM styles back into the status bar.
Includes Eclair's "Normal" style, Froyo's "Small" text, and Gingerbread's "None". (CEnnis - UD Settings -> Status Bar Tweaks)
- added "Default tab" setting to pick the tab opened when launching the Phone app (Paul Crovella)
- switched from GRI54 to GRI40 build ids for better market compatibility
- added fix for less sensor lag (rmcc)
- updated lockscreen arrow images (Sven Dawitz)
- non standard battery images in themes now handled better (Sven Dawitz)
- Better wi-fi connection for the Nook (Erik Hardesty)
- Fix slow video playback on the Nook (Erik Hardesty)
- added option for allowing purging of asset bitmaps (UD Settings - Pefromance - Pavel Kucera)
- fixed typo in APN list results in block mms for one of the providers (Sven Dawitz)
- added in some updates and fixes from CodeAurora
- fixed bootanimation graphical anomaly
- fixed gps lock on issue (Slayher)
- Added script to fix hot reboot
- added gmail and fancy weather widget to ud extras
- removed fancy weather widget from Droid 1 system
- changed default screen setup for Droid 1
- added all ringtones back to Droid 1

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I'll have to load it up later and give it a try. I wonder if I can flash it over top of 3.1. Hopefully I can get a screen shot app to work with this version.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am currently running 3.2 after trying cm7 rc4. Ud 3.2 is running so much better for me. Cm7 was very choppy for me (and yes I did wipe data and cache before install). Maybe it was just me.

I recommend wiping data and cache if coming from UD 3.1 as I didn't the first time and installed over 3.1...it seems to perform even better when starting fresh. Hopefully battery life will be better with this release.

sent from my rooted nook color

jonros

Mar 15, 2011
Loaded just now. The two biggest issues I had with UD 3.1 was inability to connect to wifi. That seems fixed for me (at least at work).
Now to my second issue - couldnt play video files that I never had problems with (coming from BN 2.1 autonootered) - seeing if that's fixed (converting another file to use).

So far so good. Quadrant at performance setting, maxed out OC'ing was around 1500. Dolphin HD plays flash (I did load flash 10.2 from the market beforehand).

I do miss BN's ability to read magazines though!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea I miss the magazine part too. I wonder why the Nook app in the market doesn't let one do this? Haven't tried video yet other than flash video in browser.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yea I miss the magazine part too. I wonder why the Nook app in the market doesn't let one do this? Haven't tried video yet other than flash video in browser.

They are said to be working on this in upcoming app versions. For now it is a nook color exclusive and since you have a nook color... oh wait you have a nook color tablet, not the nook color ereader ;)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
YouTube seems to be working. Just watched some HD videos. What was the problem before with YouTube? Everything is running good except for I had one freeze when using the keyboard.

sent from my rooted nook color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Before Youtube would work only in Dolphin HD browser, the Youtube app did not work.