[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
USB port still working? Can you check it with another device?

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
Ok, so the usb port is still working as it recognizes my droid x like always. So i plug my nook into my droid x usb cable instead of the standard nook usb and bang, it recognizes it immediately. Very weird because the nook cable still charges it etc (aka works for the most part apparently) but for some reason does not like my computer now. Very weird, anyway, glad its working with another cable.

nikkai

Feb 27, 2011
Out of curiosity - is documents to go a little slow for people? I'm tempted to replace my kernel... just isn't as snappy as when I was on a 2.2 build. But it sure is pretty.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I have used UD before switching to Phiremod. Since they are both CM7-based 2.3.3, I was wondering if someone did a comparison between UD and Phiremod "recently" (i.e., current or recent versions). Thanks!

zetlorf

Nov 17, 2010
There is a way to make UD bootable from SD? I tried the steps from the "CM7 bootable from SD", but didn't worked.

jonros

Mar 15, 2011
Looking for kernel(s) to use, anyone have any suggestions and their experiences? Very happy with UD but seeing reports of quad scores in the 2500s for other Roms make me wonder if it can be that much faster.
Case in point - streaming mlb games can be choppy at times - will Oclocking @1.1? 1.3? help?

Thanks in advance.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Overclocking probably will not help much with streaming. Streaming has to do mostly with internet speed. But some kernels may process graphic better so you can give it a shot. Overclocking too high can be a bit risky sometimes though. I usually keep mine around 1.1.

majakat

Dec 29, 2010
scared, i have a black screen with a little blue line going on 5 minutes here with initial boot, is this normal?

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
I have the same issue, if you press the power button after a while though (just press don't hold) it comes onto the desktop. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

I was coming from stock 1.2 (im doing this all on my girlfriends nc), burned CWM 3.0.2.8 to my sd, wiped data & cache, flashed U.D 3.3.0. But when I reboot i get "Read Forever" then after that screen, its just a blank screen for a while. But after 30 seconds, if i press the power button, it brings me to the homescreen. I installed rom manager, fixed permissions, and the issue still persists. I even tried reflashing the rom, but it didnt work. However, if I do a hot reboot, like with LCD Density, then I will actually get the ud boot animation, and will then be taken to the homescreen.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Everything else appears to be in working order, but that blank boot screen really bugs me, and I'd rather she not have to deal with it.

wbn

May 21, 2011
installed, works great! even angry birds and you tube works, which didn't work in honeycomb 3.0 v4!