[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
This rom is very quick. :)

-flash works in Dolphin HD
-youtube in browsers work
-youtube app doesn't work
-internal and sd storeage to pc mount works

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
I am also running the UD rom on my NC and my wife has it now on her NC. I like it better than the CM7 roms because of the extras. Flashing a new font anytime from there is great and gives a new look to keep things interesting. I have seen the 3.2 (for this rom) or whatever it would be called has been posted. I am hoping a simple Dalvik Cache wipe and flash would update and keep everything on the system as far as apps and stuff. I haven't tried the CM7 Overclocks yet, but will soon to get to 1100mhz... Great rom to try and with this being the NC, no harm done in checking it out.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
So far this rom is ok but needs work. It's main attraction is it's snappiness. I currently like phiremod nook BETA2 better but have no doubt this rom will surpass beta2 in no time since it is in active development and beta2 is abandoned. I've tried 3 different screen cap apps with no luck, will continue trying. Would like to get a few stock shoots posted so I can start making changes. I'm not a fan of ADW and would love to get rid of it for another launcher.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I have been gone for a day or so and looks like I missed this. I have run UD many times on the Droid and it is usually pretty good. I will probably give it a try later. Is this a RC or the full release?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Full release it seems.

Update to OP: UD 3.1.2 released
Changelog
--------------------------------
- Synced with AOSP
- Update proprietary files for the Desire (Should fix camcorder)
- Rotary and Lense Lockscreen issues fixed (Brandon Bennett)
- Reworked Tablet Lockscreen Layout (blackdroid)
- Fixed Live Wallpapers on Nook (Erik Hardesty)
- Changes to Incredible Light sensor (slayher)
- Made a few changes to launcher configuration
- Fixed UD Wallpapers on Tablets
- updates for fixes to GPS for G2

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
Since there are no install/update instructions at the download link, and since this apparently uses eMMC space (or at least that's what TiBu shows me), do I flash 3.1.2 right over 3.1.1 without a wipe? Or do I need to do the install steps (Post #4) all over again?

I'm using LauncherPro with 3.1.1 and it works fine ... then froze ADW via TiBu, since its never been my launcher of choice. I have tried phiremod nook BETA2, but can't say that I care for it. Although its stable, the black-on-black gives me a lot of eye strain. A friend did a fix for the black-on-black, but had to scoop out about .6mb of unused PNGs and Mac "._filename" extraneous stuff. So UD 3.1.* is much preferable to a partially completed but now abandoned ROM, even if its stable.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Instructions are in the first post. "Flash with any CWM recovery"

Basically you should do the the following IMO:
-Install latest CWM rom manger from the market if needed
-Copy CWM recovery 3.0.1 zip (if needed) and this rom zip to your SD card
-Boot to CWM recovery
-Flash CWM recovery 3.0.1 zip (if needed)
-Reboot to finalize CWM recovery 3.0.1 install (if needed)
-Wipe data
-Flash this rom zip
-Reboot

note: CWM recovery 3.0.0.5 should work fine for flashing this rom.

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
^ So that means even though I'm on 3.1.1 that I'll have to wipe data (then restore everything) just to flash 3.1.2? That wouldn't be worth it except for a substantial change, such as if they got YouTube working or something like that.

EDIT: Maybe my main point isn't clear. Often devs will give you a clue on incremental updates (i.e. 3.1.1 to 3.1.2) if it can be flashed over the previous version(s) and whether a wipe of any kind is or might be needed. As an example, with Phiremod V4.1, the dev says: "If coming from V4, there is no need to wipe." Incremental updates generally seem to be handled differently than series updates (i.e. V3 to V4 or 3.1 to 3.2). So that's the reason for my having asked because there was no mention by the dev.

Last edited:

bkcdroid

Feb 2, 2011
@chovey
Just flash over 3.1.1 w/o wiping. With any UD ROMs, within the same # family, update without wipe works just fine. As an active Dev - there will be nightly's as he/they fix things, so the adventure continues! BTW, the lockscreen is much better looking now!
bkcdroid

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
@bkcdroid
Are they doing nightlies for the Nook? It seems every time I've taken a peak at how many nightlies there are for any ROM, its at 0 ... assuming they're reset back to 0 at each release. So just curious if the Nook gets nightlies ... if you know ... making it worth the subscription?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^ So that means even though I'm on 3.1.1 that I'll have to wipe data (then restore everything) just to flash 3.1.2? That wouldn't be worth it except for a substantial change, such as if they got YouTube working or something like that.

EDIT: Maybe my main point isn't clear. Often devs will give you a clue on incremental updates (i.e. 3.1.1 to 3.1.2) if it can be flashed over the previous version(s) and whether a wipe of any kind is or might be needed. As an example, with Phiremod V4.1, the dev says: "If coming from V4, there is no need to wipe." Incremental updates generally seem to be handled differently than series updates (i.e. V3 to V4 or 3.1 to 3.2). So that's the reason for my having asked because there was no mention by the dev.

No, IMO you only need to wipe data when changing roms with differnt authors and/or different operating systems. In my experience if you are going from one rev to another of the same rom, you only need to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, not a full data wipe... unless instructed by author. They will tell you if a change in new rev will make a major system change or not. And my instructions above had you wiping data last. Basically undate you CWM rom manger and recovery if you wish, wipe data than flash. Pretty simple.

Also you are confusing CWM rom manager and CWM recovery which are two different things. As I said, I believe this rom can be flashed with any CWM recovery version available to the NC, 3.0.0.5 and 3.0.1.0.

This is the wrold of custom rom snad not all cookers insrtuct the same. I've seen some give full details on what you need to do and some that tell you nothing. This is what forums and asking questions are for. I'd take advice from those here who have flashed the rom already. :)

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
@rico2001
Thanks ... and an added question, but first just to be clear. I'm not using RM to flash. Used to always do things via RM on the Droid 1, but then with the Droid X bootstrapper issue, got into the habit of going straight into CWR to do things. Just a bit hazy about eMMC on the Nook and how it all ties together, especially after having read about how some ended up wiping their internal memory and thus unable to boot. Now to my question....

Despite flashing a lot on the D1 and DX, I still feel 'ubber-noob' in terms of NC flashing so thanks for bearing with my questions. Now that I'm running UD 3.1.2 (with just a standard formatted sdcard for working storage), say if I want to switch back and forth between this and Phiremod V4.1, then I need to burn an ext4-compatible sdcard (i.e. bootable CWR mSD v3.0.1.0 ext3 & ext4 compatible) to flash it. But ... what I'm not entirely clear about is once I've done a backup of Phiremod, can I switch back to UD simply by restoring a nandroid (with full wipe) and visa versa?

esuuuu09

Feb 16, 2011
Does this rom have DSP acceleration enabled? I'm on CM7 and that's the only thing that it is missing IMHO. If it does, then i'll switch asap.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@rico2001
Thanks ... and an added question, but first just to be clear. I'm not using RM to flash. Used to always do things via RM on the Droid 1, but then with the Droid X bootstrapper issue, got into the habit of going straight into CWR to do things. Just a bit hazy about eMMC on the Nook and how it all ties together, especially after having read about how some ended up wiping their internal memory and thus unable to boot. Now to my question....

Despite flashing a lot on the D1 and DX, I still feel 'ubber-noob' in terms of NC flashing so thanks for bearing with my questions. Now that I'm running UD 3.1.2 (with just a standard formatted sdcard for working storage), say if I want to switch back and forth between this and Phiremod V4.1, then I need to burn an ext4-compatible sdcard (i.e. bootable CWR mSD v3.0.1.0 ext3 & ext4 compatible) to flash it. But ... what I'm not entirely clear about is once I've done a backup of Phiremod, can I switch back to UD simply by restoring a nandroid (with full wipe) and visa versa?

DOn't see why not. The nanoid backup folder is kept on your sd card so as long as you have that sd inserted to the Nook Color, boot into CWM recovery and proceed to wipe and flash back to UD. I assume the same could be said on ext4 CM7, as long as you keep up with two separate sd cards, you shouldn't have a problem either way. Many of us have 2 or more sd card for just this reason.

Does this rom have DSP acceleration enabled? I'm on CM7 and that's the only thing that it is missing IMHO. If it does, then i'll switch asap.

Not sure, and don't think so, don't see any real breakdown of this rom. Youtube doesn't work so can't tell. Hopefully the author could shed some light on the issue. Like I said earlier, there is still a lot of work that needs doing with this rom, and beta2 is more complete rom at this time. I'm still sure this rom will surpass beta2 shortly.

Last edited: