[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Since I'm getting comfortable with flashing/restoring, I'd like to try this ROM as well.

Before taking the jump, do I need to use an ext4 card for this? I have my bootable SD that includes 3.0.0.5 CWR, all my back ups, kernels, ROMS, etc and was wondering whether I could just put the zip of UD 3.1.2 and flash it "as usual". If this works, then going back to Froyo should be fine with the same card, right?

Thanks!

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ok, my usual noob question here: what steps to go from an autonootered 1.0.1 (and a 1.1) to using this? Break it down for me please. Yes I did see the instructions, but I don't want to assume you can it from just any starting point without asking first.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I have this flashed and running ! Does anyone know if the CM7 Kernels for NC will run on this? Or can you tell me what kernel you might be using to get 1000ghz? Thanks!!

Seemed just like cn7 to me. Back to cm for me.

As it seems that the UD team just took a CM7 nightly (maybe 13 or so) and built on top of it similar to the Phiremod tweaks but without any of the credit, the kernels do seem to work. I am not certain of this, but it appears that the UD folks are trying to profit off of the CM efforts without due credit. Just an FYI and I am hoping that someone can point me to either credit given or proof of originality... until then I will continue to support the CM folks.

Does this rom have DSP acceleration enabled? I'm on CM7 and that's the only thing that it is missing IMHO. If it does, then i'll switch asap.

nope, because it is a CM7 at it's core so until they get DSP running the UD roms won't either.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Warning: I tried to install UD with CWR 3.0.0.5, and it didn't work. I think because this is a ext4 Rom. I am going to try again with 3.0.1.0 once my Nook is working again.

*Edit: Just a side note, never format boot in CWR menu like I just did. I do it sometimes on droid but it may mess up your Nook as it just did with mine.

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
As it seems that the UD team just took a CM7 nightly (maybe 13 or so) and built on top of it similar to the Phiremod tweaks but without any of the credit, the kernels do seem to work. I am not certain of this, but it appears that the UD folks are trying to profit off of the CM efforts without due credit. Just an FYI and I am hoping that someone can point me to either credit given or proof of originality... until then I will continue to support the CM folks.

I saw the same statement in one of dalingrin's posts. Just based on principles, I'll avoid this and try CM7 next. Thanks!

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I may give cm7 a try too. I don't think Ud is ripping off cm though right? Ud is just using it as a base correct, like phiremod does? Idk cuz I haven't tried either yet.

brad0383

Feb 23, 2011
This is CM based. He gives credit. Settings, ultimate settings, about, credit list.

And exactly how is he profiting? This is all open source.

mkm1126

Mar 13, 2011
The OC Kernels (update-CM7-dalingrin-OC-emmc-031311) is working great as far as I can tell so far. Everything seems quite a bit snappier to me. Can someone tell me how to test the speed? I know there are apps to do this, but what is the best option? Once I test the speed, I can report back.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The OC Kernels (update-CM7-dalingrin-OC-emmc-031311) is working great as far as I can tell so far. Everything seems quite a bit snappier to me. Can someone tell me how to test the speed? I know there are apps to do this, but what is the best option? Once I test the speed, I can report back.

Quadrant is the most common for bench marking you can also try smartbench.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Does the mobile version of youtube work in the android browser? Or just the desktop version.

Mobile version on stock browser doesn't work since it outsources to your yourtube app, which doesn't work. So far for me, desktop versions using flash work in Dolphin HD.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
I am giving this another go actually setting everything back up. Is BT working on this?

You know i looked the credit up and he does not list cm for base. But this "feels" like cm tweaked to me. I dunno.. its open source so who knows, but doesnt seem totally right. So far i see nothing keeping me on it over cm17 with dalingrins kernal. Run it until tomorow then decide.

Last edited: