[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Just installed, its stuck on the UD boot screen.

Edit: stuck on boot screen when install from cw 3.0.1.0, but not when insalled from cw sd 3.0.0.6

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Just installed, its stuck on the UD boot screen.

Edit: stuck on boot screen when install from cw 3.0.1.0, but not when insalled from cw sd 3.0.0.6

Don't think its stuck, I installed from 3.0.1 fine. It just takes 4-8 minutes to boot on first initial start up. I thought it was stuck as well at first. All boots there after were normal time bootups.

To others:
If I'm wrong about 3.0.1 and just lucky with my install, please let us all know your experince. With any new rom in the community, there are always a few flashing questions to iron out. :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Just installed it too. Very nice! Typing this using SlideIT, finally. My install screwed up and I had to improvise. I followed the Nc to stock link in Darmeen's signature and substituted this ROM for the stock one. Did the whole thing from the mSD. Used the same card to do my wife's NC. Works perfectly.

Edit: and that uses 3.0.0.5 of CWR.

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Just installed it too. Very nice! Typing this using SlideIT, finally. My install screwed up and I had to improvise. I followed the Nc to stock link in Darmeen's signature and substituted this ROM for the stock one. Did the whole thing from the mSD. Used the same card to do my wife's NC. Works perfectly.

Edit: and that uses 3.0.0.5 of CWR.

So, is this OK to install with 3.0.0.5 or do we need to create an Ext.4 bootable SD card (since this is based on CM7)? Thanks!

ericizzy1

Mar 6, 2011
question, after installing this, can i restore data thru CWM 3.0.1.0 if i did the back up when i had the nookie froyo 0.6.8 installed before?
also, which kernel works better on this to have this rom running 1.1ghz? thanks

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Install it through Rom manager or clockwork recovery.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I will be installing it through bootable CWR. The question is, do I use 3.0.0.5 (ext.3?) or 3.0.1.0 (ext.4) for this? I have two bootable SD CWR cards?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I will be installing it through bootable CWR. The question is, do I use 3.0.0.5 (ext.3?) or 3.0.1.0 (ext.4) for this? I have two bootable SD CWR cards?

As I said, my mSD has three things on it..

1 - CWR 3.0.0.5
2 - The stock 1.0.1 image
3 - The UD GB image

I booted into CWR, formatted system, then formatted data. Then I went to "install zip from SD" and selected the UD file. 5 minutes later, I was watching the boot screen for the UD image. It's fairly idiot proof if it went that easily for me.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
My Installation instructions
Other users may have different opinion on installing

Updating CWM recovery:
-Install latest CWM rom manger from the market (if needed)
-Copy CWM recovery 3.0.1 zip to root of SD card
-Open CWM rom manager, press boot to recovery
-Main menu > install zip from Sd card > choose zip from sd card > pick cwmr_3.0.1.0.zip
-Press yes to flash new recovery
-Once complete > Main menu > Reboot system now
This will finalize CWM recovery 3.0.1 install

Installing UD Rom:
-Copy ultimate_encore-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.1.2.zip to root directory of your SD card
-Open CWM rom manager, press boot to recovery
-Main menu > Wipe data/factory reset
-Main menu > install zip from Sd card > choose zip from sd card > pick ultimate_encore-ota-eng.blackdroid.3.1.2.zip
-Press yes to flash rom
-Once complete > Main menu > Reboot system now

note: First boot will take 5-8 minutes to complete. You will see the UD animated, it will appear to be stuck in a boot loop but it's normal for initial boot.

So, is this OK to install with 3.0.0.5 or do we need to create an Ext.4 bootable SD card (since this is based on CM7)? Thanks!

IMO you need to upgrade your CWM recovery from 3.0.0.5 to 3.0.1.0, then flash like normal as if it were any kernel, theme or rom. This rom doesn't not require ext.4 sd partition.

question, after installing this, can i restore data thru CWM 3.0.1.0 if i did the back up when i had the nookie froyo 0.6.8 installed before?
also, which kernel works better on this to have this rom running 1.1ghz? thanks

You can do a restore from any version of CWM recovery as long as your nanoid backup folder is on your sd card.

CWM recovery 3.0.1.0 is compatible for both ext.3 and ext.4 partitioning; there is no need to swap sd cards. Just upgrade either your internally installed CWM recovery or sd installed CWM recovery to 3.0.1.0 and you are all set.

I can't stress enough, make sure you reboot after installing, upgrading or flashing. Rebooting allows for the procedure you just performed to finalize properly. Many people do too many steps without rebooting with will cause problems, like failed rom installations and boot image corruption.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
I can also confirm that it did not work with 3.0.0.5 , I got some error messages and then I rebooted back to normal. I am doing a back up right now, then I will upgrade to 3.0.1.0 to try again.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I don't know what I did differently to make 3.0.0.5 work, but it did work for me.. On two different NCs. I have no love of 3.0.0.5, I'd never even used CWR before lastnight, so I'm not trying to discourage anyone from using 3.0.1.0 or anything like that and I'd trust Rico's instructions long before I'd trust my own when it comes to this Android stuff. But it did work, and I have no explanation why it did.

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
Anyone seeing anything of value updating from the 3.1.1 to the 3.1.2 file? I haven't had the chance to update yet and wasn't really sure it is necessary. Everything is working pretty well on 3.1.1 right now.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
i am still stuck in the boot loop. Anyway to get out of this so I can goto a backup? It has been this way for 10 or 15 mins.