[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone seeing anything of value updating from the 3.1.1 to the 3.1.2 file? I haven't had the chance to update yet and wasn't really sure it is necessary. Everything is working pretty well on 3.1.1 right now.

Didn't see much of a difference myself. Updating was painless: (no data wipe) wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, flash 3.1.2, reboot.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I know Ricos instructions say otherwise, but have you tried CWR 3.0.0.5?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Can you install anything else? Meaning, is it ONLY the UD image that's messing up? If so, I'd consider re-downloading the image file. Sounds like something is corrupt to me.

Remember, put the .zip file on the mSD, just like you download it. Don't unzip it or anything.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
I have installed phiremod nook BETA 2 a couple different times without a hitch. I will download UD again and try it out.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ud doesn't work with 3.0.0.5. I can confirm that.

Sent from my fascinate

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ud doesn't work with 3.0.0.5. I can confirm that.

Sent from my fascinate

Then why did mine? I seriously want to know how/why mine worked when everyone else is saying it doesn't. I'd never used CWR before I read Darmeen's thread on reverting to stock. I got CWR from the link there and it's 3.0.0.5. I put it on the card, I put the UD image on there, I rebooted, I wiped my device, I flashed the image, I have UD on there.. How is that possible if 3.0.0.5 doesn't work? Furthermore, how did I also use the same mSD to do my wife's NC as well?

EDIT: Here is the link I got it from..

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...install-cwr-save-root-revert-stock-image.html

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hmm well this may not be too hard to figure out.

A few observations and semi-conclusion:
1. I think both RaVenJ and Stelv are correct and other people like myself confirm successful flashing UD as well.
1. People with internally installed 3.0.0.5 can't install UD rom.
2. People with SD card installed CWMR 3.0.0.5 can install the UD rom.

Therefore, We may just have a case of 3.0.0.5 ran off sd cards can flash this rom and internally installed can not and those that wish to use CWMR internally need to update to 3.0.1.0.

I don't have CWMR ran off sd card so I can't confirm but take RaVenJ at his word.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Rico, that makes a lot of sense. Plus it makes it sound like I'm not crazy! I like that conclusion.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
so here's a basic question. does this do flash? in theory it should with gingerbread, but is it working for people?

Rico mentioned it works for him in Dolphin HD. anyone else?

Can this be done with EXT4 sd?

EDIT: Installed with EXT4 SD CWR 3.0.0.6. No problems.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
It's possible that Flash is blocked through the network I'm on, but no, I'm not seeing any and I'm using Dolphin HD... I also installed Flash 10.1 from the market. Nada.. Interesting..

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks Rico, that makes a lot of sense. Plus it makes it sound like I'm not crazy! I like that conclusion.

Sorry:) Yes Rico is correct. You were using the monster root pack CWR from sdcard. I was using internal CWR.