[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
I have no idea what is going on. I have tried to load this one 3 times today, and I still get stuck at the boot screen for 10 plus min's each time before I shut it down and restore it back to my usual one.

mkm1126

Mar 13, 2011
so here's a basic question. does this do flash? in theory it should with gingerbread, but is it working for people?

Rico mentioned it works for him in Dolphin HD. anyone else?

Can this be done with EXT4 sd?

EDIT: Installed with EXT4 SD CWR 3.0.0.6. No problems.

Yes, Flash is working for me, but I had to install 10.2 which is slated to be officially released this week.

Can anyone play you tube in their browser? I see that cm7 most recent release has fix for this, so maybe we will see it soon.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
It's possible that Flash is blocked through the network I'm on, but no, I'm not seeing any and I'm using Dolphin HD... I also installed Flash 10.1 from the market. Nada.. Interesting..
Switch the Dolphin HD user agent to Desktop. menu>more>settings>user agent>desktop. Flash/Youtube/Vimeo all work in the desktop version. The Flash 10.2 is nice but video worked for me in DolphinHD prior to updating.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
I have no idea what is going on. I have tried to load this one 3 times today, and I still get stuck at the boot screen for 10 plus min's each time before I shut it down and restore it back to my usual one.

I got stuck the same way when trying to install from 3.0.1.0 interally. I wiped, loaded UD to a bootable SD that had 3.0.0.6, and install went fine. Seems like internal CW is being funny with this ROM. If possible, I'd try to flash from an SD card.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks for the reports everyone. Just to keep 2.1+2.2 on one card and 2.3 on another card, I'll use my Ext.4 bootable card to give this a try tonight.

Any issues with WiFi at all (e.g., on/off loop, not showing up after sleep, etc)?

jonros

Mar 15, 2011
hi guys -
two issues i have so far ..

anyone have issues playing mp4 vids? ones i tried were working before this rom (before i just had the plain vanilla rooted 2.1, and was using act1 player and mplayer, to play files converted fr handbrake..)

did try to redo the conversion; played with h.264 encoding and other settings (ie the iphone defaults..) with no success.

the other is with wifi - it will not hold the signal with my dlink router, yet will pick up the neighbor's unprotected signal. the dlink is b/g/n fwiw, and i have reset it so there's no pw needed - still no success.

for my first rom i'm pretty psyched though! of course, none of which is possible without the devs AND this site! (the xda discussions leans toward techies - and i am not..)

thanks in advance.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
I have had no issues with wifi.

My android forum app was crashing with both CM7 and UD, seems tapatalk works fine

Still no flash on HD even with 10.2. Sad.

Edit: flash works! Can even play games.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So far most things are working for me. I have to toggle wifi after reboot. Flash is working. Adw is fast. Launcher pro is choppy with this. Some themes for theme chooser can be found in market and on xda. I am keeping stock kernel for now since it is fast. Over all this is my daily driver for now.

sent from my rooted nook color

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
sorry if this has been posted already, but has anyone installed swype? i'm a beta tester, so i have access to the installer. i'm installing UD now, but just for future reference i wanted to know if it was possible especially with the new beta that came out a couple days ago

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Just installed it via bootable 3.0.0.6 without any problems. I was expecting a 5-8 minutes first boot, but it was up and running in 2 minutes.

First, installation/post-installation observations:
- Market worked from the get go without the need of using Market Enabler or tweaking any settings.
- Flash 10.1 -downloaded directly from the market- works in DolphinHD (set as "desktop")
- As stated YouTube app doesn't work, but youtube works fine within DolphinHD
- Finally, internal storage is shown as 5GB (as opposed to 700MB in NookieFroyo)
- Overall, it feels very fast and snappy compared to anything I've tried so far.
- The back and menu button at the status bar are a nice touch (although, the shape of the back arrow reminds me cheap, clip-art images)
- Connecting the NC to my PC, both SD card and the internal storage are shown (no more extra apps to mount them)
- Location via WiFi networks works in Google Maps (never worked on NookieFroyo).
- Unless there is some crazy bug somewhere, this will be my daily driver :D

Now, the questions:
- When accesing the CPU settings, there is a nice warning message. Has anyone had any problems with increasing the Max CPU frequency (currently set to 800 MHz and Max is 925)? [EDIT: I picked 925, and it hasn't exploded yet :)]
- I can't seem to press the "Clear" button once the notification bar is pulled down. Is this the same for everyone? [EDIT: I "can" press it, but it takes 10 tries to hit it.]
- Is there a way to change the icons for the menu and back "buttons" on the status bar?

Last edited:

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
what video player would be the best, so far mvideoplayer, rockplayer, and vitalplayer, and of course the stock movie player don't play avi's.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
hi guys -
two issues i have so far ..

anyone have issues playing mp4 vids? ones i tried were working before this rom (before i just had the plain vanilla rooted 2.1, and was using act1 player and mplayer, to play files converted fr handbrake..)

did try to redo the conversion; played with h.264 encoding and other settings (ie the iphone defaults..) with no success.

the other is with wifi - it will not hold the signal with my dlink router, yet will pick up the neighbor's unprotected signal. the dlink is b/g/n fwiw, and i have reset it so there's no pw needed - still no success.

for my first rom i'm pretty psyched though! of course, none of which is possible without the devs AND this site! (the xda discussions leans toward techies - and i am not..)

thanks in advance.

mp4 videos -recoded for NC- work great on this ROM via mobiplayer. I have no problem playing them from my Class2 32GB Sandisk Card

So far, WiFi has been connected non-stop. On NookieFroyo -or Phiremod- I had to wait for it to comeback up within 3-5 seconds after coming back from sleep. Under UD, it's always connected. I have to test this more with other networks, longer sleep time, etc.

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
And keep in mind that keeping WiFi all the time drains your battery drastically.