[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
BTW you guys know that UD is (in)famous for stealing codes from CM7 ?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
@tenderidol - I agree.

@RaVenJ - Be it open source, but there is lot of hard work

You develop a open source software / tweak it to fullest, how it'd be if I rename few things and use my name ?

and this is the reason, still I haven't installed UD. And I am never gonna.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
@tenderidol - I agree.

You develop a open source software / tweak it to fullest, how it'd be if I rename few things and use my name ?

Depends... Did you change anything before you renamed it? How did you "make it your own"? If you added to the project, then I'd say you can call it your own. But didn't someone post where the UD people had given credit to the original developer?

But, either way, I won't let some misplaced sense of loyalty prevent me from installing something that seems to be universally hailed as a superior product. Is it better than the other ones out there? I can't say, because I've never used those. But I can say that I like what I've got on my NC today a LOT more than what I had 3 days ago. How that came into existance isn't really important to me.

brad0383

Feb 23, 2011
@tenderidol - I agree.

Go look at the credit list under ultimate settings. He clearly gives credit to Cyanogen. Chill out people.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
@Tenderidol you can set your cpu to 925. Just use profiles in setcpu and use "ondemand". I have the same problem with clear button, but you can also swipe left to right to clear single notifications.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
UD does give credit as this link shows http://www.udrom.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/212-nook-color-312/
It is in brackets next to each change. UD Roms consists of a mixture of different coding along with Blackdroids own coding.

Also the UD CM soap opera is more personal to each camp than a lot of us know. There are all out wars over at Droidforums about this topic, and I do not think any of us should get overly involved. Koush, BD and others in each team have both said personal things about each camp that I do not agree with. I do not take sides based on the absolute absurdity I have heard from both CM and UD devs in other forums. All I am saying is take what is said from each camp with a grain of salt.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
@Tenderidol you can set your cpu to 925. Just use profiles in setcpu and use "ondemand". I have the same problem with clear button, but you can also swipe left to right to clear single notifications.

Why not do it in the menu options that UD provides? I have mine set to 925 through there.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Why not do it in the menu options that UD provides? I have mine set to 925 through there.

Yea I have mine set in menu options as well as in SetCPU. SetCPU may not even be needed. I use setCPU for screen off and battery profiles.