[ROM] Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 on Nook Color (Gingerbread 2.3)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, I probably need to put it back on there.. The OP mentioned great battery life, but so far, I've not been impressed.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea battery isn't great for me either but it is not bad. Also Is anyone having problems with blurry desktop wallpaper?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
where did u find that mobiplayer, it's nowhere in the market
beta tester. I tried other players, and they worked as well. My experience has not been different than Froyo with regards to movie playing. However, I dont play avi or divx files; I have mp4 files that were re-coded for NC.

@Tenderidol you can set your cpu to 925. Just use profiles in setcpu and use "ondemand". I have the same problem with clear button, but you can also swipe left to right to clear single notifications.
Thanks for the tip for clearing out the notifications. I am getting better at clicking that button, though :D

Yea I have mine set in menu options as well as in SetCPU. SetCPU may not even be needed. I use setCPU for screen off and battery profiles.
Mine is set to 925 via UD settings menu. It's been working fine. I must say that browsing the net via Dolphin HD @925 "feels" a lot faster than under Nookie Froyo @ 1.1 GHz. I didn't install SetCPU; I was afraid that it may conflict with the UD settings. So, it's working fine for you? I may install it just to have screen off and battery profiles to extend battery life.

Yea battery isn't great for me either but it is not bad. Also Is anyone having problems with blurry desktop wallpaper?
The battery life is not that great compared to Nookie Froyo, but I believe that's the case for CM7 builds, right? It's not an issue for me really...

WiFi has been working great with my home network so far. First, I thought that it was staying on all the time; it is rather coming on very fast coming back from sleep. That was one thing that I didn't like about Nookie Froyo. It was taking about 4-5 seconds to connect back to network. Now, I'll have to test the connection at work, which presents a bit more complicated scenario. Has anyone tried connecting via VPN yet?

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Battery life is bad for me. about 5-6 hours. Didn't have CM7 long enough to drain it, but seemed like I would have gotten 7-9.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Battery life is bad for me. about 5-6 hours. Didn't have CM7 long enough to drain it, but seemed like I would have gotten 7-9.

CM7, UD, Phiremod - they should all have "similar" battery life based on what I've seen so far...

Have you found your flash yet? :D

rsmcjr

Dec 18, 2010
I loaded this on my wife's nc yesterda and set all up for her. I did like the adhoc fix, that was cool. After checking it all out, there were some great features and it ran very smooth. But, its a phone rom patched to work on a nc. Losing the nook app that B&N put on it wasn't great. She has magazine subscriptions that no longer showed up. I ended up going back to autonooter 1.01 with the 1100 OC kernel. I will say that alot of work went into the build and it was /is a nice rom. ButIll wait till a rom is out that is made for the nook if that ever happens.!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I loaded this on my wife's nc yesterda and set all up for her. I did like the adhoc fix, that was cool. After checking it all out, there were some great features and it ran very smooth. But, its a phone rom patched to work on a nc. Losing the nook app that B&N put on it wasn't great. She has magazine subscriptions that no longer showed up. I ended up going back to autonooter 1.01 with the 1100 OC kernel. I will say that alot of work went into the build and it was /is a nice rom. ButIll wait till a rom is out that is made for the nook if that ever happens.!

None of the custom ROMs has the buit-in nook applications, and they are all modified phone ROMs for NC until honeycomb is fully transported to NC. You can download the nook app from the market, but you'll lose magazine subscriptions, read-to-me for kids books, etc. as you mentioned. The only option for your wife would be to wait for the "official" B&N Froyo (who knows when that's coming at this point) and autonooter that one.

Last edited:

rsmcjr

Dec 18, 2010
@tenderidol,
Thanks, yeah I had figured as much. I'll be grabbing a tab shortly for me and that one will be nodded to the max' same as my og droid is :) I've looked at a bunch (the Sanding galaxy is pretty sweet......just not sure I want to give VZ 35.00 a month for the 3g that I will never use...so most likely I'll be picking up a nc. Even though the cams are a nice option...

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Mine is set to 925 via UD settings menu. It's been working fine. I must say that browsing the net via Dolphin HD @925 "feels" a lot faster than under Nookie Froyo @ 1.1 GHz. I didn't install SetCPU; I was afraid that it may conflict with the UD settings. So, it's working fine for you? I may install it just to have screen off and battery profiles to extend battery life.

The battery life is not that great compared to Nookie Froyo, but I believe that's the case for CM7 builds, right? It's not an issue for me really...

Yes the setCPU and UD CPU settings are working fine for me without conflict. SetCPU is not necessarily needed in conjunction with built in overclocking settings though, I just use it for profiles. But I may turn it off and give it a trial run to see how it performs without setCPU. Two processes don't really need to be running that do the same thing.

Battery life will probably be worse on any of these early Gingerbread builds as GB is more memory intensive than Froyo, and has a built into OS task killer that is more agressive than Froyo.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Yes the setCPU and UD CPU settings are working fine for me without conflict. SetCPU is not necessarily needed in conjunction with built in overclocking settings though, I just use it for profiles. But I may turn it off and give it a trial run to see how it performs without setCPU. Two processes don't really need to be running that do the same thing.

Battery life will probably be worse on any of these early Gingerbread builds as GB is more memory intensive than Froyo, and has a built into OS task killer that is more agressive than Froyo.

Got it... I wont try SetCPU at this point, then.

I am buying an extra charger for my office :D

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Setcpu is a must IMO for any android version, the power saving you get from profiles alone is worth the hassle of setup.

rsmcjr

Dec 18, 2010
I fully agree with Rico, setcpu is a great tool and having the profiles is a great way to save battery power.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Setcpu is a must IMO for any android version, the power saving you get from profiles alone is worth the hassle of setup.

Rico does this indicate that one can utilize SetCPU profiles in CM7/Gingerbread ROMs. I have been waiting for some clarification on this as earlier builds we were told not to use profiles. Any info would be great.