[ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod 7.2.0 KK Edition

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
$p76ti-kk.jpg

Current Release: Beta 8 (Revision 2 P76ti tablet need to apply touchscreen patch after flashing the CM7 ROM)

device-2012-03-10-231819.png
device-2012-03-03-171352.png

device-2012-02-28-220942.png
device-2012-02-28-220401.png

device-2012-02-28-214938.png
device-2012-02-28-220249.png

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
cm7-kkmod.gif

Unofficial CM7 KK Edition Beta 3 Highlights
- All the goodness of CyanogenMod 7 such as ICS rotation
- Working touch screen
- Working sound
- Working wifi
- Working g-sensor
- Video hardware acceleration
- Fixed unable to turn off while charging.
- Market v3.4.4
- ICS Fonts
- Added KK Quick Control(Volume control and Invert Accelerometer X/Y to suit different games)
- Longpress Menu key to activate KK Quick Control
- KKMod Device Identity Tweak to improve game compatiblity(come with Galaxy S2 profile)
- KKMod Enable 3G Tweak(Phone and TelephoneProvider apk is disable by default. This help to save battery if you dont required 3G)
- support P76ti Revision 2(Newer version of tablet)
- Working external SD
- Fixed CM Screenshoot
- update Market to v3.4.7(Google Play)
- Working USB Bluetooth support
- Working USB 3G support(tested with Huawei E1782)
- support S2E and bundled with rom
- Partial working HDMI(can output to TV but video and sound not support not working as yet)
- Allowing swapping of internal and external SD in Cyanogenmod settings
- Allow 4 more levels of dimming the display

NOTE that you are installing the rom at your own risk!!! However, if you are interested to make this rom better, do use it and help to test it. :)

Installation Steps
- Download P76ti CM7 ROM from below and copy for tablet internal sdcard
- Boot into CWM(install ROMKit apk if you do not have cwm installed)
- Install zip from sdcard and select the update-p76ti-cm7-xxx.zip

device.png
IMG_0116.jpg

Files

Unofficial CM7.2.0 KK Edition for P76ti Beta 8 ---> HERE
Touchscreen patch for revision 2 tablet ---> HERE
KK Romkit v1.10 bundled with Clockworkmod v5.0.2.8 R2 for P76ti ---> HERE or HERE

Note that this CWM is meant to be use for upgrading CM7-KK beta rom so many of the features are not tested. Feedback are welcome and bug is to be expected.

Last edited:

qingliangz

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks for sharing, KK!

I'm glad to see another CM7 version coming soon.

My p76ti has some trouble recently. The p76ti’s microusb port was broken after upgraded to official version 3.0.4. (I just wanto try the new version)

Now I cannot flash back to the 3.0.3.

How should I do in the current version to use your img?

And thank you all your work.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for sharing, KK!

I'm glad to see another CM7 version coming soon.

My p76ti has some trouble recently. The p76ti’s microusb port was broken after upgraded to official version 3.0.4. (I just wanto try the new version)

Now I cannot flash back to the 3.0.3.

How should I do in the current version to use your img?

And thank you all your work.

Here's the steps. Its actually very straightforward. Just download the romkit and installed CWM. Upgrade to CM7 by selecting "install zip from sdcard" in CWM.

Installation Steps
- Download P76ti CM7 ROM from below and copy for tablet internal sdcard
- Boot into CWM(install ROMKit apk if you do not have cwm installed)
- Install zip from sdcard and select the update-p76ti-cm7-xxx.zip

qingliangz

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks for reply.

My device is 3.0.4 now.

Cm7 beta2 support it?

I cannot flash back to version3.03.

Thanks for help.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Release Beta 3

- Added KK Quick Control(Volume control and Invert Accelerometer X/Y to suit different games)
- Longpress Menu key to activate KK Quick Control
- KKMod Device Identity Tweak to improve game compatiblity(come with Galaxy S2 profile)
- KKMod Enable 3G Tweak
(Phone and TelephoneProvider apk is disable by default. This help to save battery if you dont required 3G)
- support P76ti Revision 2(Newer version of tablet)

Last edited:

v_tunes

Mar 9, 2012
Hi, KK: nice work again, i just download the beta3 rom after you release. But i get in trouble, my hardware is revision 1 (By uing goodix touch screen controller), after use romkit to install it and reboot, the tablet shows android logo then screen turns off, no more action expect repeat that.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hi, KK: nice work again, i just download the beta3 rom after you release. But i get in trouble, my hardware is revision 1 (By uing goodix touch screen controller), after use romkit to install it and reboot, the tablet shows android logo then screen turns off, no more action expect repeat that.

I am using rev 1 tablet as well. What do you mean by screen turn off?

v_tunes

Mar 9, 2012
I mean when power on, screen shows android logo then it goes black, after 1 second, the logo shows, then screen goes black. Only can get this happen. but normal boot.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I mean when power on, screen shows android logo then it goes black, after 1 second, the logo shows, then screen goes black. Only can get this happen. but normal boot.

I just downloaded the b3 from mediafire and it seem that the rootfs image seem to be much smaller then I expected. I can only confirm again once I have the chance to check it out in my development pc which has the original files. I wonder why both my update with the same zip file work.

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for reply.

My device is 3.0.4 now.

Cm7 beta2 support it?

I cannot flash back to version3.03.

Thanks for help.
ht3.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

It does not matter what is your current version. But Beta 2 does not support the newer revision of p76ti as those use a different touch controller. Beta 3 should work on revision 2 tablet but there seem to be issue with the file so do not use beta 3. I will release beta 4 very soon once I found out whats wrong with the beta3 zip file.

papaba

Mar 12, 2012
hi kk,
i've downloaded the beta 3, can't boot, then i downloaded the beta 4, it's ok but the touch screen not working... any ideas? thanks!!!

Last edited:

v_tunes

Mar 9, 2012
Good job, beta 4 works well, i can boot up with fixed vision. And i found something doesn't work, like the CM screenshot and native web browser, when i do long-press to get take screenshot function, it failed. The message is "Screenshot is saved at null." Also, i try to set traditional Chinese as native language, the native browser doesn't work, just auto close, if set English, it works well.

Edit:
It seems that Google Play isn't stable well, when i click the "Play Apps Over 50% Off" part, it close with the message "Google Play has stopped unexpectedly".

Last edited: