[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi Leggionnaire,
to get 3G network connection, is it PnP or require configuration in Mobile Network settings ? I can see the Vodafone usb stick blink, how to go about to initiate the connection ?

Thanks/Regards
I don't have one at this moment to try. Sorry.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Could you or anyone here please direct me to a place where I can achieve this? I googled it but there was not much info about it. My son got this device not by choice (birthday gift) but it's been collecting dust for half a year. I contacted Viewsonic and was told they no longer supported it. Upgrading to Droid 2.2 was the best they could offer unofficially which I did but you know the 2.2 is so primitive. Droid market does not work and no Flash player. It's an expensive paperweight.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cal
You need some custom rom for your device. I hadn't heard for any custom rom for viewpad 10.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
HI
At first "Great job !!!" so easy to install
But I have one problem. It's the Touchscreen it looses his Calibration, so I have to coneckt a Mouse and recalibrate. sometimes i can't open the Lockscreen couse of the Touchscreen has no funktion so I have to Flash the system and then its good again.
With the stock rom there is no problem. could it be the calibration app ? the stock one works fine but takes longer to calibrate
Greets and go on with this great Rom
HI! For touch panel calibration you can use Shuttle Tools, open it and press upper field "Start Calibration".

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Got my Viewpad!!
I just went over and tried to start flashing the viewcomb build, but i already got caught with the usb driver installation.

Bought a USB Male A to A cable and connected the device - when i press the buttons in the mention way (step 2), the tablet does a normal startup (or sometime nothing after showing the droid).
What's wrong?!
The tablet as seen in the pdf-documentation has a silver surrounding, mine is black?!

Another thing: Where can I get a copy of the orginally installed firmware?
Is it possible to backup the whole system at the moment?

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Got my Viewpad!!
I just went over and tried to start flashing the viewcomb build, but i already got caught with the usb driver installation.

Bought a USB Male A to A cable and connected the device - when i press the buttons in the mention way (step 2), the tablet does a normal startup (or sometime nothing after showing the droid).
What's wrong?!
The tablet as seen in the pdf-documentation has a silver surrounding, mine is black?!

Another thing: Where can I get a copy of the orginally installed firmware?
Is it possible to backup the whole system at the moment?
Repaet step 2 but with 2 secs each press.
- press Back key for 2 seconds
- press Power button for 2 seconds. (P.S. HOLD Back button when you press Back button)
- release Power button first for 2 seconds
- release Back button
- total duration will be 6 seconds.

For backup whole system install ROM Manager from the market.

Here is originally ViewPad 10s Firmware: ViewPad_10s_v1.09_firmware_update.zip

reaswi

Oct 12, 2011
HI! For touch panel calibration you can use Shuttle Tools, open it and press upper field "Start Calibration".

Thanks for the quick response but as i wrote the shutel app with his calibration tool doesn't realy work on my viewpad I've changed back to stock rom and calibrated with stock app since then no problems so i flashed back Viewcomb and after half 'n hour the calibration was gone again so Mouse on and to the Shuttel app calibrated with no realy efect so shut down and restarted and stuck at the Lockscreen because of no Touchscreen so I've flashed back to stock calibrated and every thing is fine ?? so there must be a prob. with the calibration app build in viewcomb. < can I use a other one ? If yes which one
best regardes
and thanks again

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Repaet step 2 but with 2 secs each press.
- press Back key for 2 seconds
- press Power button for 2 seconds. (P.S. HOLD Back button when you press Back button)
- release Power button first for 2 seconds
- release Back button
- total duration will be 6 seconds.

For backup whole system install ROM Manager from the market.

Here is originally ViewPad 10s Firmware: ViewPad_10s_v1.09_firmware_update.zip

Thanks a lot for your effort! i am going to try this as soon as i have access to a pc^^
The description of the rom manager tells me that the tablet has to be rooted, but how to do so?

Another time something else to ask:
Just noticed, that my tablets battery indicator dropped from about 60% to about 20% after reboot.
Is that a error in the calibration and could this be corrected by your rom version or is it a defective unit, that hasto be reurned?

Sent from my ViewPad 10s using Tapatalk

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the quick response but as i wrote the shutel app with his calibration tool doesn't realy work on my viewpad I've changed back to stock rom and calibrated with stock app since then no problems so i flashed back Viewcomb and after half 'n hour the calibration was gone again so Mouse on and to the Shuttel app calibrated with no realy efect so shut down and restarted and stuck at the Lockscreen because of no Touchscreen so I've flashed back to stock calibrated and every thing is fine ?? so there must be a prob. with the calibration app build in viewcomb. < can I use a other one ? If yes which one
best regardes
and thanks again
I have to find app for calibration tablet screen, somewhere on my hard drive. Just give me some time to find it. I'll post it here for download, and you can try it.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks a lot for your effort! i am going to try this as soon as i have access to a pc^^
The description of the rom manager tells me that the tablet has to be rooted, but how to do so?
ViewCOMB is already rooted.

Another time something else to ask:
Just noticed, that my tablets battery indicator dropped from about 60% to about 20% after reboot.
Is that a error in the calibration and could this be corrected by your rom version or is it a defective unit, that hasto be reurned?

Sent from my ViewPad 10s using Tapatalk
It's issue about power management, should be fixed in next version. Build 6 coming soon :)

Last edited:

TifKag

Apr 17, 2011
Hi

I just found out about the ViewCOMB ROM and it's easy installation, but i want to wait untill build 6 before installing

I only have two questions,

1. when is build 6 coming (because i really hate that battery level bug)
2. Is the dutch language included in the ROM

Thanks in advance for your great work Legionnaire, and don't let those guys at Modaco get to you

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi

I just found out about the ViewCOMB ROM and it's easy installation, but i want to wait untill build 6 before installing

I only have two questions,

1. when is build 6 coming (because i really hate that battery level bug)
2. Is the dutch language included in the ROM

Thanks in advance for your great work Legionnaire, and don't let those guys at Modaco get to you
Hi!

Thank you for support!

1. Depends of the developers. When they finished hard work about power management issues, I have to test new update. Hope it will be in next 7 days.
2. Dutch language is included in the ROM. You can choose your language in Setup wizard or thru settings menu.

vpad

Oct 13, 2011
Hello...

Installed successfully!!!
I'm so excited 'cause i'm a newbie...

Ask:
- The auto rotation is slow response in my 10s, anyone have same problem or just me?
- How to remove widget from desktop?

Thanks Legionnaire... You're the MAN.

Last edited:

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
- The auto rotation is slow response in my 10s, anyone have same problem or just me?
Sometimes this happens with my viewpad too, but it`s better slow than Not working :p
- How to remove widget from desktop?
Touch on widget, hold it an take it To the right upper corner^^

Sent from my ViewPad 10S using Tapatalk

Oct 14, 2011
@Legionnaire,

Just bought Viewpad 10s last August-2011 and I am totally newbee to Android.
Now, ROM Manager was well installed from Android market with Temproot by "Z4"
And was able to do:
- On Recovery tab = "Flash Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.27"
- On Back Up and Restore tab = "Backup Current ROM"

Please advise whether
1. On ROM Management tab = I can "Install ROM from SD Card" with your "ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_5.exe"
2. On Back Up and Restore tab = I can put back the old Froyo 2.2 (
2.6.32.9_P10_v1.11_20110726_VIE_WW_3g_s) by pressing "Manage and Restore Backups" ?
3. On More Recoveries tab = "All Clockworkmod Recoveries" only shows:
While ROM Manager stated v4.5.0.1
I wonder whether I could not get back or restore my old stock ROM Froyo back when later executing point no.2

Thank you

View attachment 4177

Good day to everyone! :)

This is the most stable ROM that exists for ViewPad 10s. ViewCOMB 3.2 is based on VegaComb 3.2, including all updates. My idea was to adapt VegaComb for ViewPad 10S. I made few cosmetics changes on VegaComb, added some applications, and made some tweaks in kernel. All credits goes to the VegaComb developers. Thanks to Newbe5, Rebel1, Ejtagle, Corvus, Cass67 and all VegaComb developers.

Changes in this version:
  • App Launcher with 5 rows
  • Added new Honeycomb Market
  • Added new Google Maps
  • Added Music3 app instead Music2
  • Added Shuttle Tools app
  • Added Drive Mount app
  • Added Draw app
  • Added Movie Studio app
  • Added eFile app (better file manager)
  • File Manager has been removed
  • Google Books has been removed
  • Updated camera libraries
  • Working USB Host
  • Splash screen has been changed
  • Boot animation has been changed
  • Default wallpaper has been changed
  • Added more wallpapers
  • System partition size: 155 MB

Download: ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 5

Installation

First install USB driver for ViewPad 10s. Download driver: ViewPad 10s USB driver
Step-by-step instructions for driver installation: PDF
Open PDF file, go to the page 4, follow instructions from step 1. to step 8. Close PDF when you done step 8.

If you are sure you installed driver correctly, download file ViewCOMB 3.2 Build 5 and double click on it. Wait few minutes to finish installation process, then turn on your tablet.

That's it! Very simple and easy.

Enjoy! :)

More screenshots: here.