[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

Alifnajwa

Jan 19, 2012
Hi,

I need your help...
I buy Viewpad 10s wifi few days ago.
I just upgrade from 2.2 to 3.2 as per step that suggest.
However after complete upgrade, my tab only running the stater page i.e "viewcomb". and not working at all. pls advise.

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2012
Dear All, I notice 2 more problems; I have flashed 6.3 earlier (also tried 7.1 depsite the boot issue), and now I am on 7.2.
(1) I am not able to play Angry Bird smoothly for more than about 10 levels. Note that I have created swapped files of 256MB in SD card. When the "problem" happen, it is basically when I try to drag an Angry bird and when I am about to release it, the Angry Birds and the Pigs are all gone and no response regardless how I tap the screen, I still can hear music and sound in the background.
(2) WiFi issue, when I wake up my ViewPad 10s from sleep, 50% of time, I will have to reboot it in order to get it connect to a WiFi (be it same WiFi hotspot or another hotspot nearby). In the setting, it shows Connected, but no connection.

Appreciate it if you can advise me on this.

I've had this problem too after the upgrade from 6.3 to 7.2. I've managed to solve the problem with screen sensitivity with the calibration tool that Legionaire posted earlier in this thread.

Takaie

Jan 20, 2012
Hi Legionnaire,

I appreciate your efforts as you saved us a lot by providing a good software and ease of use.

But I need your support for the following :

1- With every update I need to re-install all programs again as a flash is happened to the system : is there any way to update the operating system of the tablet and keeping the installed software with their settings.
I am using backups like platinum but after the update it can't restore the programs. ;)

2- Is there any update from you to the ICS ver. 4.

Thanks and with best regards.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi Legionnaire,

I appreciate your efforts as you saved us a lot by providing a good software and ease of use.

But I need your support for the following :

1- With every update I need to re-install all programs again as a flash is happened to the system : is there any way to update the operating system of the tablet and keeping the installed software with their settings.
I am using backups like platinum but after the update it can't restore the programs. ;)

2- Is there any update from you to the ICS ver. 4.

Thanks and with best regards.
Hi,

1. Use Titanium Backup
2. [ROM] VegaICS Alpha 2

Gaelos

Jan 20, 2012
Hi everyone and thanks for this great Rom

Using ViewComb 7.2

1/ When i plug a usb keybord android see it as qwerty, how to change it as azerty ? (i'm from france)
2/ When i use a usb hub android see perfectly my mouse and my keyboard at the same time, can i use a usb key at the same time ?
3/ Flip screen is not very reactive maybe 7.3 will fix that
4/ Wifi don't like sleep mode, i'm going to try the "never turn off" option i'll let you know
5/ usb key showing "bad sd card" message (don't use the format option it will format your sd card not the usb stick :)
6/ Can you integrate TitanBackup, MX Video player, Acrobat and Flash in you next rom ?

I recommand everyone to use this 7.2 Rom everything is working perfectly

ancjob

Jul 31, 2011
happy new year to all you GUYS and respected admins
i am looking to purchase this
i had china/HK flytouch 3 superpad 2[32gb version] which died becoz of battery/charging issues while it worked it worked well
i have acer iconia iconia w500 also which is superb but watching movies over wifi on it is like overkill for this device it's like cutting onions with sword [a knife(android tab) 'd have done the job]

now for replacement of android with another this seems to be the only better option...........
my questions

1)i have dynamic ip for the internet
2)my router is wired-router so i use my dell inspiron 1525 to stream via it's b/g wifi capability and share movies and music on my home network...
3)acer iconia w500 works great but it too great a device for a simple job of watching streamed movies [it's in-fact a full touchscreen computer]

now viewpad 10s theoretically has all that i wanted which my flytouch perfomed too before it died....

now my queries :
1)is it easy to connect wifi on viewpad 10s [i have dynamc ip from my isp for internet] ?
2)how is the wifi performance of this tablet - my acer w500 never drops connection unless i disconnect network from it , how about this viewpad 10s ?
3)can it accept 32gb microsdhc card thru mounting via script/application - do we have application for this to be possible , i used to run the script to mount the 16gb microsd card on flytouch 3 , not sure of this...?

please somebody reply and help me take an informed decision regd this please

Last edited:

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Build 7.3 COMING SOON
  • 256 MB GPU
  • Added squashfs support
  • bma150 driver has been removed
  • Added craskman's bma150 driver
  • New kernel has been compiled
  • New WiFi drivers
  • Minor kernel fixes
What's the reason for using half the ram for the gpu in the meantime?
Will squashfs support mean more free space on the device?

Takaie

Jan 20, 2012
Hi ancjob,
Regarding your questions :
1) Yes it's very easy to connect on a WIFI networks.
2) The WIFI performance is great .
3) It is maximum is the 32GB as mentioned on it is site.

Thanks.

johanjojo

Dec 21, 2011
Hi! I'm back from Vegacomb and now on Viewcomb 7.2 works great! Thanks Legionnaire!

Amazing to see that 7.3 is coming already! I expect the Wifi will be fixed, YES!

Question: Do you still recommend using a swap in 7.3? I'm now using a swap file of 352mb by Swapper...

A little suggestion: a nice sound while starting the device up would be cool... :cool:

Build 7.3 COMING SOON
  • 256 MB GPU
  • Added squashfs support
  • bma150 driver has been removed
  • Added craskman's bma150 driver
  • New kernel has been compiled
  • New WiFi drivers
  • Minor kernel fixes

Marcus_Lee

Dec 25, 2011
Thank you Legionnaire, I am eagerly to wait for this 7.3 ROM and really hope that it will fix the problem to reconnected to "earlier connected" hotspot when wake up from sleep, thanks so much

Gaelos

Jan 20, 2012
Hi

Same here, perfect rom but still wifi reconnection problem after sleep mode

Someone can explain the swap thing in details please ?

ghostrecn

Jan 17, 2012
hi bro

thanx again

just an advise , can you install something to make the WIFI advance menu contains something like proxy setting

like this

$androidadvanced_wifi_settings.png