[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Which one is the Stable version? Do they work fine? I'm reading the posts and it confuses me. =/

They are both really good and both work... But it is hit and miss with some tablets ... I use the browser and music app and for me the music app isn't working yet.... If you are already rooted zip 1.2a .... If those apps are working for you then your good ... I think is more of a zipping issue or something i"m not doing right...

Every zip that l_n has put out has been top nouch... You can't go wrong with either one you use... Enjoy and report anyissues you are having with rom... But please look back at old post to ensure its not something that is already being worked on....

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Thank you l_n. Got 1.2A installed and all my stuff back eventually too. I note the Browser does not work (like was posted above) so I downloaded Skyfire browser for Android and now I have full connectivity. I had to install a 802.11N wireless router under my bed so I could browse and download at night. Kyros wifi radio is quite weak compared to say a Laptop.

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
Has anyone been able to make any progress in making the music app or the gallery app see anything on the SD card? I took a look at the files that L_n mentioned, but I am not sure what mount block corresponds to what, or even how to make any changes to it. I can browse things and watch videos on the sd card using a file explorer, but it's much easier to view pics with the gallery app. I also tried DLing some picture viewers from the market like quick viewer, but it cannot find the SD card either.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Sorry for lack of updates.. I was sick over the weekend. I've got a couple of ideas wrt the sdcard issues. I'll test them as soon as I get time. You could try this: create a symlink to /sdcard/media on /nand.. It may be a temporary workaround.
Code:
# ln -s /sdcard/media /nand/media_sd

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
Sorry for lack of updates.. I was sick over the weekend. I've got a couple of ideas wrt the sdcard issues. I'll test them as soon as I get time. You could try this: create a symlink to /sdcard/media on /nand.. It may be a temporary workaround.
Code:

I searched google for the gallery.apk and replaced the one that was on there, and it sees the SD card.

davidwtc

Mar 14, 2011
Installed watery yesterday. So far it seems very stable. Haven't tested all functions yet. I replaced gallery from 1.1 to 1.2

Sent from my coby using Android Tablet Forum App

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Code:

Hey l_n Sorry to hear that ... Feel better and don't rush back... take care of U first...

I just flashed v1.2a and there were no problems, however, my USB no longer connects with my PC - nothing, no acknowledgement of a connection or anything.

Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this???
Try rebooting the tablet again... Also try changing the port its plugged into, maybe it will pick it up... If nothing works reflash into WK 1.1 to make ure it still works....

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Installed watery yesterday. So far it seems very stable. Haven't tested all functions yet. I replaced gallery from 1.1 to 1.2

Sent from my coby using Android Tablet Forum App

When you replaced it how did or what program did you use.... I used 7zip but I was unable to install it after I swapped the apps out... Whats funny is that I can get the browser to load but not the music ...

I read on another forum about zipping the file but not to compress it ... So what program will do this?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
My guess on that would be hardware. Either the USB cable or the connector is messed up. If changing the cable doesn't fix it, i would check for bad solder joints between the connector and the main PCB.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
Code:

I tried this to see if it would work but it just throws up an error saying "cannot create link Operation not permitted"
I wonder what format the /nand partition is.

Bill

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
ugh. stupid fat32 crap.
/me considers reformatting all of his data storage as ext3.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
wow this is amazingly faster my only problem i have found is my mic is crazy staticy has anyone found a fix for this sorta problem i use sipdroid for calls and the receving end is crazy staticy but i hear them fine

Sent from my mid7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
v1.2b has been tested.
JIT works. Browser has been copied from older versions, as have Gallery and Music. (sorry about the breakage in 1.2a).

Just in case nobody reads the updated instructions (once I get them updated (after this post)):
WIPE EVERYTHING BEFORE INSTALL.
Let the tablet completely boot once.
Reboot into recovery.
WIPE DALVIK CACHE AND CACHE AGAIN.
You may have to repeat the reboot/wipe cycle once more after this. I think it has something to do with installing apps from the market, IDK. I can't confirm this. logcat didn't really reveal why it locked up before I re-wiped the caches.

...and now to go update the OP.

v1.2b is now avail. for download. See original post for link and additional instructions.

Last edited:

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
v1.2b has been tested.
JIT works. Browser has been copied from older versions, as have Gallery and Music. (sorry about the breakage in 1.2a).

Just in case nobody reads the updated instructions (once I get them updated (after this post)):
WIPE EVERYTHING BEFORE INSTALL.
Let the tablet completely boot once.
Reboot into recovery.
WIPE DALVIK CACHE AND CACHE AGAIN.
You may have to repeat the reboot/wipe cycle once more after this. I think it has something to do with installing apps from the market, IDK. I can't confirm this. logcat didn't really reveal why it locked up before I re-wiped the caches.

...and now to go update the OP.

v1.2b is now avail. for download. See original post for link and additional instructions.

I am getting E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(file exists)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
ignore that. it just means the volume is already mounted. (i assume you're getting this message when wiping cache and/or dalvik cache?)