[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
l_n,

Kudos on the JIT, is it running well? I kept having wifi dropout on the resources I have been testing. Also if you are still using the stock browser I did get FlashLite working good and posted the files needed today. You are sure welcome to use them in your build if you would like. I am excited about the JIT enhancement and will have to check it out. Did you build the libdvm.so yourself as well as the binairies?

Cheers and thank you for your work

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
yeah, i built the libs (libdvm.so and libnativehelper.so) when i built the dalvikvm binary with JIT enabled.
it's been running for 2:51:xx (hh:mm:ss) according to spare parts battery info screen. it seems smoother and less jittery. the key to not having it lock up is to wipe the dalvik cache and regular cache 2-3 times after installing. (i actually seem to remember reading this elsewhere for eclair JIT on other devices...)

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
yeah, i built the libs (libdvm.so and libnativehelper.so) when i built the dalvikvm binary with JIT enabled.
it's been running for 2:51:xx (hh:mm:ss) according to spare parts battery info screen. it seems smoother and less jittery. the key to not having it lock up is to wipe the dalvik cache and regular cache 2-3 times after installing. (i actually seem to remember reading this elsewhere for eclair JIT on other devices...)

Very cool, good job! I also have seen references to the cache wipes, must need to rebuild a couple of times? I just finished reading through your build.prop and do not see a reference to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit , is this not needed after all for our tablets?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
dunno.. i did see JIT messages in the logcat output from adb while testing.. so i assumed i had remembered to put that in there. i'll make the edit and see what happens..

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hey l_n,

Went ahead and fired this build up and the first thing I notice is that it still has the bad Music, Calculator and Gallery apps, just an FYI. BTW I can confirm that JIT is running and working fine if you are able to boot. Once I started to add applications the tablet became unstable and would lock up. This can be fixed by performing wipes. Once this is fully stable it will be very fast. Let me know if I can help...

Cheers

Last edited:

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
wow this is amazingly faster my only problem i have found is my mic is crazy staticy has anyone found a fix for this sorta problem i use sipdroid for calls and the receving end is crazy staticy but i hear them fine

Sent from my mid7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

i see how a drop of a new release would trump my question but i was still wondering if there was anyway to get rid of the static in the mic and i was trying to update to 1.2b but every time it booted even after alot of clearing it it would get as far as letting me open an app then totaly freeze and i would have to reboot so for now im back on 1.2a and i love it the only thing im missing is my mic working correctly and help would be great thanks

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If the static-laden mic can be replicated by others, it would help by showing it to be a software issue as opposed to a hardware problem. As far as locking up, you have to wipe your cache and dalvik cache. It's related to the new dalvikvm binary.

And I posted another zip with the older apk's in it (music and gallery).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sdmhbax

Feb 25, 2011
I wiped the cache's 4 times and I am still having lockups, I can get it to start up but it locks up when I try to enable the wireless. Any suggestions?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I'll need logcat output to help pinpoint what's causing the lockup… if you don't have adb available, try to get a copy of alogcat from the market. If using adb (preferred), run 'adb logcat' on your pc with the tablet connected before replicating the crash. Then paste the last 10-20 lines of the output here.

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
I wiped the cache's 4 times and I am still having lockups, I can get it to start up but it locks up when I try to enable the wireless. Any suggestions?

L_N, yes it was when I was trying to wipe the cache.

sdmhbax: I had the same issues it would lock up when I enabled wireless, I was finally able to get it enabled, after hard resetting it, then when I started adding apps, it froze on me, I had to reset it again, and then it started installing them again, I decided to go back to 1.2a for now.

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011

Having similar issue. I have wiped cache multiple times but it either locks up on the splash screen or just after the desktop loads. I am unable to get any farther.

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
Having similar issue. I have wiped cache multiple times but it either locks up on the splash screen or just after the desktop loads. I am unable to get any farther.

I was able to work around this. I booted into recovery mode. i wiped data/factory reset, then i deleted both cache. I then uploaded 1.2b again. it locked the first boot. i wiped cache again and now its working. Wireless is also working fine.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
/me grumbles about non-standard directory structures.

I swear, the music/gallery sdcard issue is going to drive me insane...

sdmhbax

Feb 25, 2011
I went back to 1.1, but I will give it another shot tonight after work. l_n If I still have issues I will try to get the data you requested.