[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to get the Facebook app working it wont display ANY pictures or profile pics

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
it's jit + cache related. reinstall 1.2a and then watery-k-patch.zip and you'll have 1.2b w/o jit.

ImWarped

Mar 8, 2011
Scridd, no flaming, blackberry is a great platform, just not horribly versatile

If the proper source code and kernel were released for Telechips, this tablet could run circles around others (still does for the price IMO) just limits our upgradability at the moment.

L_N... keep up the good work! Sure there will be flaws, but you're pulling updates to your work, more than any of us can say for the guys doing the Cyanogen port that haven't posted a single update in almost 2 months now!

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
ok so my other problems are nothing compaired to what im getting now im running 1.2a with the patch i have afew apps ontop of the gmail and voice i have adw launcher beautiful widgets sipdroid and widgitoid when i put my device into sleep or when it falls asleep i come back to aton of force close's and its totaly frozen i hav to press reset and wait for it to boot every time

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
For 1.2a: just change the filename in the 1.2b link. It's still there in my dropbox, and I'm not posting shortened links anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Thank you for your (mostly) solo effort here, l_n! Knowledge and progress come from experimentation & I for one have enjoyed the vast benefits of Watery-1.2 (modded) for a couple of weeks now. Looking forward to the JIT solution when it happens, but am very appreciative of your work to date.
--Larry

Sent from my Kyros 7015 using the Android Tablet Forum App powered by Tapatalk.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
ok so my other problems are nothing compaired to what im getting now im running 1.2a with the patch i have afew apps ontop of the gmail and voice i have adw launcher beautiful widgets sipdroid and widgitoid when i put my device into sleep or when it falls asleep i come back to aton of force close's and its totaly frozen i hav to press reset and wait for it to boot every time

ok so here are the 3 problems i have found and i have checked them all on me and my wifes mid7015's they both only have these problems they both are running all the same apps both setup exacly the same when it gos into sleep mode for more then afew mins it wakes up with all the apps and services force close warning and you have to reset them next on both making calls with sipdroid the sound on the receving end is staticy next in the facebook app none of the photos show up other then in the main screen even then the profile photos dont show up i have even tested all these problems on fresh watery installs it still dose it i tested these on normal firmware and none of these problems happen i really enjoy useing watery its alot faster and everything is smaller with more options please help me with these problems im an IT guy so im not a novice when it comes to computers but i am sorta new at android (i know linux thats what i run on m pcs)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Eulogy: can you paste the output from logcat when the fc's occur? 25-50 lines to a pastebin should suffice. Log info will help greatly in determining what's really broken..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
ok i was able to figger out what was causing it to crash it was setcpu for root users i still cant get mic to not b staticy and i cant get pics to load on facebook ill post the log with the crash in a min got to get it to do it again cuz i like setcpu

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
i reinstalled setcpu to get it to do the crash again and its been fine all day so i dont know whats rong but i still have the staticy mic and facebook wont load images would making a call then loading facebook show errors in the log if so i could post it and l_n if you want to pm me a number ill give you call on it so you can see what i mean