[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

nmatthew

Mar 19, 2011
I might just love you. Thanks so much! My MID7015 is so much faster and much more responsive than ever before. Just one question - why keep the phone app if it doesn't work when you removed other apps that didn't work/weren't useful?

Also - maybe you should add a link to installing ClockworkMod Recovery in the original post, as some people seem to be having trouble.

My coby is now a brick. It freezes up and will not do any thing any ideas on how to undo this I installed watery kyros 1.2b
Have you repeated steps 11-15?

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Other apps depend on Phone.apk.

Sent from my HT_PAD1051 using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Yes. Even if you don't do the data wipe, I added a command to the update-script to format the userdata partition. I'll probably add one for the cache next time, but i've got a few things to get done before working on the next release.

GrayL

Mar 17, 2011
I installed it, it installed fine. It randomly freezes up on me though, i've done steps 11-15 multiple times. And did you remove the "Settings" app?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Why would i do something asinine like removing the Settings apk?

JIT is known to be buggy. There is a list of files you can pull from 1.1 or the official firmware to kill jit a few posts back. It's probably my fault for not restating that eclair jit is highly experimental.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Yeah. Make and restore backups..

GrayL

Mar 17, 2011
Doing that is increadaby inconvienant though, is there a way to be able to load two ROMs and just select which one to use?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Not without replacing the bootloader and probably some other essential bits we can't replace yet..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
with devices like these you have to realise unlike pc's they where not made to dual boot so right now backups are the only way to do it. it dosent bother me to do it as it only takes a min

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
l_n did you get any where on the problem with the facebook app?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I've been busy with other obligations. I'll get to troubleshooting as soon as i can..