[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
you should put a file on the market for donations iv seen other people with just an app you get that says thank you. put it up for like 2-5 dollars and let the people donate, i would.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Dual boot will be a possibility once we have all the needed resources...but why would you do this? You can already do this using Nandroid backups.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

GrayL

Mar 17, 2011
I cant use Terminal anymore, it says "localhost / $" before now, where its usually just a $. It works fine when I run my backup of the original 2.1, its only in this ROM. Can you please fix this? Im going to install Ubuntu and want to post the results here.

mbuchholz

Mar 8, 2011
Hey L_N... are you considering pulling something like this off for the next generation of tablets that Coby will be releasing in the next few months? I would donate a few bucks if you released a ROM for one of them... specifically the MID1025. Thanks for considering.

-mb

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Only if I get my hands on one. They have a different chipset than the first gen devices which makes any android builds incompatible between them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mbuchholz

Mar 8, 2011
Are there siginificant differences to modding the tablet vs. modding android handsets? I have an HTC Hero that I have done extensive mods to, and now I'm running a custom AOSP rom with Gingerbread on it. If the processes are similar via adb and android-sdk tools, .apk files, etc... I think I may be able to at least come up with some mods for it after rooting. It won't be the scale you've accomplished here with a full custom rom, but it might be a little better than stock. I can't friggin' wait to get mine so I can hack it to pieces! :)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Same process, but the kernel and boot.img seem to be untouchable for now. We needed the source that coby is sitting on...

GrayL

Mar 17, 2011
Yeah, I reloaded this ROM and it still gives me "Localhost / " before the $. Please help me fix this?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
To those having issues: I'm trying my best to get some time to work on this. Unfortunately, I've had a few other obligations to take care of first. Please know that I am one person working on this in my spare time, which does occasionally become scarce. I do read all of these posts (and PM's), and will try to get everything addressed in time. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. And to those who have mentioned donating again, go donate to koush, p3droid, team blackhat, etc. there are plenty of people at xda-developers that deserve it more than I do. I've simply implemented their ideas/work on the kyros.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I cant use Terminal anymore, it says "localhost / $" before now, where its usually just a $. It works fine when I run my backup of the original 2.1, its only in this ROM. Can you please fix this? Im going to install Ubuntu and want to post the results here.

/system/bin/su < type this in the terminal ... I get this also ... this was posted a few pages back when we had this problem... After doin g this I get localhost(in red color) / (blue color) #(blue color) I don't what the colors mean but I did get superuser granted message.... Good luck

Last edited:

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
/system/bin/su < type this in the terminal ... I get this also ... this was posted a few pages back when we had this problem... After doin g this I get localhost(in red color)/(blue color) #(blue color) I don't what the colors mean but I did get superuser granted message.... Good luck

The colors mean you are running a version of watery with bash instead of the stock shell.

Bill

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
@ l_n,
Would u consider doing paid projects for the Colby?

Maybe u could take payments to a P.O. box?

ken62310

Mar 16, 2011
hi, after installing the watery kyro
my tablet will run fine for few minutes and it will always end up forzen and I have to reset it..
any suggestion? I have already ran thru the steps 11 - 15 many times..

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
That's going to be fixed soon, hopefully. It turns out that jit is a bit more unstable than I originally thought. I just don't have enough time to get any work done on this.

moober

Mar 7, 2011
Just want to say thanks for all your work on this. After reading the posts I decided to try 1.1 and it's working great. No problems installing and I haven't had any issues with my apps. Speed is definitely improved.