[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I will tonight. Oddly enough, I think I have it narrowed down to the rebuilt webkit library..

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
That would be the only thing that might have screwed it up. APK files usually do not do that much to kill it. .so files are touchy, so I usually push while in recovery, then clear dalvik-cache. Make sure it is the same one that worked before, because I compiled a few before and might have mixed up the files.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
it's booting again. haven't seen a force close on this latest test zip. i've stripped a lot of stuff out. The terminal emulator force closes when I try to run it. su has been fixed.. wallpapers disappeared on me. :-/

I'll upload the updated .zip tomorrow after i do some more testing. eventually i'll get around to figuring out my inability to put together a custom boot.img.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok so maybe I did something wrong or lucky lol. I went back into my last backup and reinstalled it. (I think )... After install I rebooted.... So I ran the 3d horse game and it started and played as before... I opened up Android assistant and the MB stood steady in the 60's . But the screen density looks to be 200. and I noticed that quick boot is still installed. Then I look at the bar and see the battery icon still there and the WiFi symble.. As if i didn't really go back into my last backup... Or the update somehow stook and I really did go into my Backup...

Also quickboot doesn't work for me. It opens and I can tap the options and they light up but the tab doesn't reboot or turn off, nothing.

There were no processes running...

Ok so I didn't install the new update but did install the zip... I thought I restored my backup when few days ago but it seems that I'm still in this ziped file.. My device reads 7015a as if i did install the update... when i try to go back to my backup thru Clockworkmod it goes really fast and says Checking MD5 sums then MD5 mismatch!

I also get a No /sdcard/ .android_secure found. skipping backup of applicatio
ns on external storage.
Backing up cache...
No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.
Generating md5 sum...

Backup complete!

I got this before I tried to restore. I was backing up these settings... I never got the (no sd-ext before) or know what this means... Any ideas... thanks...

In CWM I went into backup&restore,Advanced restore then picked my backup date,then picked restore sd-ext. picked yes and got the same error MD5 mismach!
Went into mounts and storage. picked - mount /sd-ext and now I got a message
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(file exists)
Error mounting SDEXT:!

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I posted a nandroid backup here that you should be able to restore. it's from right after i installed cwm.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I got my first backup to take so I'm back to my old update... weird how it won't let me go to my backup #3 but my first one took with no problem....

Now I'm just waiting for the next update to this zip to testout.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It wil be available as soon as that thing called Real Life lets me get around to computer-related stuff.. Should be later today.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I can't wait to flash it! I'm now having an SD card issue with the stock rooted 2.1 rom and just want to start from scratch with a nice custom 2.1 rom. None of my SD cards can be recognized with any of my 2.1 backups but every one can be recognized in the cyanogen rom....I do wipe everything between restores and need my SD card back!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I'm rezipping it now in preparation of testing a very special surprise feature addition...

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Omg I can't wait... iwas going to start reloading my apps but ill wait...

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
New version posted with two signed filenames. One should work with the stock recovery (update.zip).

Please report any issues here. This is esp. important since I enabled the JIT Compiler on the dalvikvm this time around.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I downloaded the zip (watery-kuros-v1.0b ... I get
Finding udate package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't ope /sdcard/watery-kyros-v1.0b.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
I reinstalled my backup from the new update and I'm 7015a on my device... I'm going to try the update.zip to see if this would work. or should I not...
Also the W-K-v1.0b.zip is only 144kb in size where the update is over 70 mbs. The first W-K-v1 zip was 70mbs ...

VVV Trying now VVV

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i'll check my d/b folder.

try redownloading. both files are listed at 68MiB by dropbox.com

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I'm stuck on the screen that says Android... for about 5mins ... IS this ok?

It wouldn't load... I reset and rebooted into CWM I reziped it and it took... Like a nucklehead i tested quickboot to see if it works now.. it asked for permission then turned off. Now I'm back to the Android screen lol... Atleast Quickboot works ....

Last edited: