[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
Thank you!! This rom has saved my kyros. I was completely disappointed with this device until I found Watery Kyros.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

nagahtom

Mar 26, 2011
L_N,

I just installed your ROM 1.1. It's much better than the stock ROM.

Quick question: When I go into settings and select "About", is see the following:
Firmware version
2.1-update1

Kernel version
2.6.29 Root android 2.1

Build number
MID7015A 1.6a 01/26/11

Is that correct.

Also, for those who have lost the ability to su in the terminal emulator window, chmod and chown msgs in this thread didn't change anything as that was the orig permissions set in the ROM. Swapping out the bash shell with sh fixed the "ugly prompt" but didn't fix the su problem. I did as someone else recommended, un-rooting and re-rooting using Z4 and that fixed it for me. Hope that helps and save you some time.

Again, thanks for all the hard work you put into this ROM. You guys are great!

4Steven

Mar 26, 2011
I have tried roms 1.1, 1.2a and 1.2b and my kyros has trouble if the wireless is on and the screen has been off for a while.

After waking back up it responds extremely slow until I reboot. Anyone having an issue like this ?

Can I remove unneeded processes? Like voice and dialing, TTS ?

Or are they needed for something else.

Steve

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
I have tried roms 1.1, 1.2a and 1.2b and my kyros has trouble if the wireless is on and the screen has been off for a while.

After waking back up it responds extremely slow until I reboot. Anyone having an issue like this ?

Steve

I don't have this problem. Might be something else, like another app causing the problem.

Also you can't remove voice and dialing, I tried just rename it and it kept freezing on me, keyboard stopped working, so leave it there

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011

Steve

Mine did slowdown on me after screen would shut off and after a while of being at idle but never had to reboot it just took its time waking up ... I would power the screen off then turn it back on.. I am not running launcher pro. For me it runs slower and locks up the coby ... I run Go Launcher EX . For me it runs faster , I got better scores on this launcher then on any others. You can uninstall any non system apps from app screen and close any runnings apps from the last menu of the app screen... With this 1 it doesn't slow down extremely so you want to give it a try....

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
:confused: I installed the watery Kyros and now my whole system is like gone! I tried to restore, and the tablet gets to the android logo then just keeps tring to reload, then freezes up. I have the mid7015 with the 2.1 version. Can you tell me how to reboot the system to factory standards so that I can start over?

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
:confused: I installed the watery Kyros and now my whole system is like gone! I tried to restore, and the tablet gets to the android logo then just keeps tring to reload, then freezes up. I have the mid7015 with the 2.1 version. Can you tell me how to reboot the system to factory standards so that I can start over?

This thread has what you need. Just follow the instructions.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/telechips-tcc8902-development/7806-rom-installable-stock-nandroid-backup-kyros-7015-root.html

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I loaded this rom and it killed my baby Kyros 7015. Nothing I do will get it to re-boot. I am getting a message that the system has entered the fastboot mode and I need to reset the device. What have I done and what do you think is the fix, if any?

nagahtom

Mar 26, 2011
You can start by taking a paper clip, or whatever, and pressing the reset button on the back of the coby. If that doesn't work, you can hold down the silver button on the front and press the reset button on the back and that should boot you into recovery. From there you can try to reboot or you can try to restore from a backup, assuming you made a backup.

Edit: This reply is for extremenoobie. :)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I'm going to try to rebuild things this weekend and get another release out. I may need to have someone else take over development due to time restrictions.. Any volunteers?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
I'm going to try to rebuild things this weekend and get another release out. I may need to have someone else take over development due to time restrictions.. Any volunteers?

That's depressing. Unfortunately I don't have skills at that level. I'm afraid tipstir is limited to previously built systems as well. His themes are useful though. Hopefully someone else will popup and get interested.

Bill

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It's the jit compiler. It's not stable. I'll work on it this weekend. Hopefully I can get everything sorted this week...

guerreroxp

Mar 8, 2011
hi my problem whit gallery continue , i have a solution a app from market quick pick.... its a good solution .-
and music whit astro player.-

sorry for my bad english i am from Chile

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If it's free and has a decent ui, I may include it in the next watery kyros release.