[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
if the animation stopped, i think it's the dalvik vm. i noticed it when doing some stuff in the market a minute ago.. i'm going to disable the JIT compiler.. that should re-stabilize it.

I'll edit this post when the new file is uploaded.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Okay. 1.0c has been uploaded and the links have been updated.
Hopefully after this I can move on to cosmetic stuff and some other hacks that don't break things. :p

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok I'm restoring my last backup then I'll zip it ...
U know I was refreshing the page I was on and browsing the web so I didn't realize there was a page 7 ...

When it did load it had Launch Pro as an option...

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
@sndplace: thanks for being willing to be a guinea pig. i can only imagine the yelling i would have gotten from some less experienced users had they encountered the dalvik lockups...

...and with that said, I'm going to bed.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
This looks like a great piece of work - thank you! But a question: how does this
ROM compare to a -1 Colby ROM that has been updated, excess phone apps removed, and build.prop modified for density, wifi, etc?

Thanks again --Larry

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
loaded right up ... I'm using Go launcher ex.. should i run Launcher Pro or doesn't really matter?

Andriod assistant running no process and holding at 66mbs free.
Battery temp is at 25c/77f .... I have felt it get hot before briefly but temp has read the same...
Clean task is reading 75mbs free...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I put launcher pro as default because I like it. Use your favorite.

@larry: IMHO, this is the most responsive I've gotten my kyros yet..

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
NIte, no problem testing... and again great job... I'm off tomorrow so I'll use it and let you know if anything comes up...
@Larry this rom is a the new update Reworked... Just taking out things we don't really need and putting in things we want/didn't have before. also this is a first step ...

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
The rom installed with no problem and seems to run a lot better than stock! Thanks for all of your hard work

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok was up abit using it and this morning... There are still force closes but nothing major hand them before with the same apps.
Browser loads fast... pages,sites and photos ....
Apps open faster the before and run pretty good ...

So far EXCELLENT home screen use to freeze on boot or take forever to use ... now it loads up no problem and screen density looks good. 200 right? the colors are still off but that probably the screen itself...
The memory is running a 65 yo 75mbs free like before...

So what next to zip LoL ...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I think my next project is to rebuild stuff from the aosp project. That and some more framework mods.

benash

Dec 16, 2010
Nice piece of work- i have been watching this thread waiting for all the drbugging and have installed your ROM this morning- Everything is working very well!

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
V1.0c loaded easily & is running fine. Still need to figure out a few new (to me) icons and to remove some more unneeded apps. VERY COOL!
Thanks for the hard work --Larry

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Which icons? A couple of the default launcherpro dock icons are for phones. Long press on them to change them.