[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
L_n, Im going to flash the "c" build now. Can I just install the original google apps package we all used if I want the news and weather app back? I must be the only person who uses it:( Btw, your "b" build was blazing fast and am sure that hasn't changed with your current release....hats off to you already!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
if I want the news and weather app back? Can't you just install it from the market? I never used it so I'm not sure which one it is...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
'b' was broken. the JIT compiler caused (semi)random lockups or non-bootable tablet.

you should be able to just unzip the gapps zipfile and use adb to push GenieWidget.apk to /system/app and then change the permissions to 0644 (rw-r--r--). if you install the gapps zip, you'll end up with Goggles, Maps, etc.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
if I want the news and weather app back? Can't you just install it from the market? I never used it so I'm not sure which one it is...

My apologies. I always thought it was a "special" app that couldn't be found in the market. I just saw that l_n had removed it. Going through the restore process now on v1.0c...so far it's running great!

L_n, thanks for the info...I'll just push the APK back to the tablet. Btw, have you made any changes to the build.prop other than the density set to 200? I have mine set to 160 and would like to push my pre-edited file back.

Last edited:

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Perhaps removed too much, Tapatalk now force closes. What "sub-apps" (like PicoTts.API or com.android. .. ..) are needed to make it run? --Larry

Which icons? A couple of the default launcherpro dock icons are for phones. Long press on them to change them.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
it's not avail. via the market. you'll have to get it out of the gapps zip.

@LarryS: i don't remember tapatalk fc'ing. i'll boot my tablet and check it out... i use tapatalk all the time.. that's actually one of the first apps i install on a fresh start..

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
yes. it's what the AT.net app is a rebrand of. they private label apps and make them ad-supported for individual forums.

btw, tapatalk works just fine on mine, and i'm running the exact same build as is posted here.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
lol I saw the AT.net app ... most of the time I'm on the tablet outside so i use it to play music in my car and games ... I work outside and in my car about half the time... And yes it works.. used it yesterday to see how it works and right now to see this post ...

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Tapatalk: it worked fine until I removed some /data/data/com.android..... programs that I thought corresponded to some /™system/app apks that I had removed before. I guess if I can't fix it I'll need to reinstall v1.0c --Larry

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
just format data in CWR and start over. you don't need to reflash the whole ROM to repair /data

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok.. I haven't gone in and messed with any of the apks... Wanted to run it as is to report any issues... I have noticed wakeup issues... its about 10 mins or so. Didn't notice that b4 but i usally have the case closed when not using it...

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
l_n, thanks for the adb tip...I used the following command which always worked for me just in case someone else needs to reinstall the news and weather application. Start ADB. Type in: adb install -r geniewidget.apk <ENTER>. I rebooted but I don't know if that is necessary. Awesome rom so far! Btw, if you edit the build.prop and change the density to 160, you lose the custom icons. Back to the default, which is still nice.

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Reboot into clockworkmod recovery and wipe data/factory reset

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk