[ROM][WIP][AMPE][NOVA] Phoenix A31 1.00

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I am interested in the ARM builds of windows 8 just to see how it stacks vs the beloved android and ubuntu.

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Also just letting everyone know, for who every wants to buy this tablet, In4Dealz, Mcbub and Slickdeals.net are all the same company, only mcbub is the one with the best customer service, but they all ship the same product at the same time for the same price from the same place.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Also just letting everyone know, for who every wants to buy this tablet, In4Dealz, Mcbub and Slickdeals.net are all the same company, only mcbub is the one with the best customer service, but they all ship the same product at the same time for the same price from the same place.

Excellent I assumed in4dealz was the same, I also noted that mcbub is possibly a re-seller for spemall too

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
I dont think so, because they don't have some products which mcbub has, and mcbubs, in4dealz and slick deals return address are all the same

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Just got my hands on the tablet, front part of case pops off fairly ease as the face is plastic.

JTAG Dump :)

root@arcane~: ./tragicdump
All done.

No dice!!!

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I've manged to get the full play store and overclock from 1000mhz to 1200mhz stable, max antutu was 14015

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
how did you get the play store, and yes I tried using setcpu, and it freezes over 1200 for me too

Can you see tunein radio on your playstore?

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
how did you get the play store, and yes I tried using setcpu, and it freezes over 1200 for me too

Can you see tunein radio on your playstore?

Going to need a custom kernel to hit 1498mhz, also at 1.2 with fantasys or ondemand seems fairly good, but if you want pure bench/gaming leave at 1008mhz and set gov to performance seems to get a solid 61.07fps which is the screens vertical limit.

The market... same tactic as with anything, the correct files placed, chmod'd and the pushed via adb, the build.prop does not need to be touched for market thats more for Gameloft and in that case man=samsung will fix that or Motorola

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I've managed to dump /recovery but still cannot dump /boot its like there is a preflocking keys perhaps?

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I have been in contact with Ithamar R. Adema the developer of the best rom dumping solution awutils, he is going to take a look at the images.

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Going to need a custom kernel to hit 1498mhz, also at 1.2 with fantasys or ondemand seems fairly good, but if you want pure bench/gaming leave at 1008mhz and set gov to performance seems to get a solid 61.07fps which is the screens vertical limit.

The market... same tactic as with anything, the correct files placed, chmod'd and the pushed via adb, the build.prop does not need to be touched for market thats more for Gameloft and in that case man=samsung will fix that or Motorola

Ye which files do you use? Can you please provide basic instructions and what files to use, im giving the tablet as a gift and this really is the main thing that would be nice to have

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Tragidy A31 ROM Pre-alpha 07332

With the co-operation of AllWinner and the developer of the unix tools we are now able to dump the rom.
( reference; tragidy bug found and corrected --> https://github.com/Ithamar/awutils/issues/2 )

Stock ROM vs Tragidy ROM initial results

Stock Quadrant 1.0ghz : 2810
Stock Quadrant 1.2ghz : 3041
Stock Quadrant 1.2ghz PREF : 3201

TRAGiC Quadrant 1.0ghz : 3106
TRAGiC Quadrant 1.10ghz : 3206
TRAGiC Quadrant 1.2ghz PREF : 3701

Inital results show that the tablets kernel can clock toc 1248mhz max without locking, 1200 also locks up after time, 1157 is stable over 24hour testing so we want to use this for the rom's stock clock which will give an out of the box 3200~ + rated tablet without any intervention of the user, however as this project has just begun and there are only a handful of developers working on this at the moment so it will take time to get a public beta out there, we will however host a private alpha at one point in time before beta.

We have flashed our image to a NOVA 10.1 and MOMO20 10.1 showing two confirmed working devices at this point.