[ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well there might be more to the adhoc hack. There might be a problem with WEP. You have to use no encryption.

Unfortunately this was just a file I grabbed, so I can't fix it.

Also try Channel 11

crazyyen

Jan 27, 2011
I think ive done lots of wifi key tweaking and lots of drink later my iphone letting me us my 3gs to connect to the net :D

crazyyen

Jan 27, 2011
Sure i can tell you it the same as your really

The file you need to modify is:
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=wlan0

ctrl_interface_group=1000

eapol_version=2

update_config=1

network={

ssid="Your wifi name"

bssid=ADD THIS

psk="wifi key"

key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

priority=1

}

THIS IS YOUR ADHOC NETWORK SOO AD THIS AFTER }

network={

ssid="YOU ADHOC NAME"

key_mgmt=NONE

priority=2

mode=1

}

Reboot apad and it should connect first time im soo pleased mine working :D

Next need to work on that boring boot screen and setup :D

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well basically that's the old workaround :(

Oh well...

crazyyen

Jan 27, 2011
Well basically that's the old workaround :(

Oh well...

Sorry it nothing new really mate :(

Hopefully one day i can bring a good mod out for everyone :D

If you come up with any new idea im happy to test

People you have to try out this rom it soo nice and works great :cool:

tekowalsky

Jan 1, 2011
I will probably give this ROM a try when I finally receive my tablet. I've done a lot of flashing on my Samsung Vibrant so I'm not shy about testing things. I'll have to see which hardware shows up though. (I suspect my tablet will be the mass produced clone with the white back.)

Sorry to hear about your touch screen, xaueious. You've posted a lot of useful information about these pads on the various forums. I'm wondering if there's a way to mod the physical hardware to make it easier to get to the internal SDHC card. (might be ugly though)

It would be nice if it were just possible to flash these tablets without having to pull the internal SDHC out.

EDIT: I did try your ROM on my dual speaker model. Seemed to work quite well other than the g-sensors. The g-sensors had my screen upside down! I tried the fix copying the sensor files but that just froze my pad in landscape mode. Not really a fix. If you have any ideas for a two speaker version of your ROM I'll be a happy guinea pig.

I've also worked out how to open and edit the image files on a Windows PC. That's a different thread though.

Last edited:

crazyyen

Jan 27, 2011
Hiya mate you can flash these tablets without having to pull the internal SDHC out put the apad in usb mode and copy them over to the main sd card easy as that :D

This fw great :D

foxnh41b

Feb 9, 2011
THIS CUSTOM FIRMWARE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE SINGLE SPEAKER UTOPIA (乌托邦/安酷) 8" IMX515 ANDROID TABLET.

Do you test your Rom with: Tom talking, krazy racing.
some thing is error with voice, hering....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I wouldn't have broken anything in this firmware, probably. I'm thinking that whatever doesn't work on my firmware never worked in the original 01.06. I don't know for sure though.

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
Hi

I just got an 8" Freescale IMX515 tablet, 512mb RAM one. when i boot it, it says apad by utopia. it has the screen shake issue, single speaker and a 1.3mp camera on the front.

i was wondering if i would be able to load your custom firmware on mine? also, is z4root a universal root or do i have to search for a particular one for my model?

cheers

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Answered via PM, but I do not recommend flashing this for the one with the camera.

ksporry

Nov 26, 2010
is there an alternative techniqu eto installing images, other than tehrecovery mode technique? my freescale iMX515 A8 9.7" does not have recovery mode (no, it doesn't have it)

brexpress

Feb 25, 2011
BreXPressPost to XAU ......
many thanks to you and the hole crew for this excellent work
greetings over the ocean brexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx