Ronzi A3 a 299RMB Android 2.2 4.3" PMP with wifi - Cheap as they come

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
9PYUD.jpg

AsHfl.jpg

Xburst 600MHz and Android 2.2.1 are hints that this contains the MIPS Ingenic JZ4760. The JZ4760 uses an ancient 130nm process, and is also used in the Cruz Tablet, which was also recently upgraded to 2.2.1.

It is difficult to categorize a MIPS device compared to ARM, but the Cruz Tablet is a $150 tablet. This $45 PMP is a new low price for Android devices with wifi.

The marketing team somehow got the note that this thing will run Angry Birds and Need for Speed. It will likely be capable of neither.

Ships mid April

imp3 ad
product link

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think it performs between ARM9 and ARM11, but using MIPS has issues. No better than Cortex A8 for sure.

Guy19550

May 29, 2011
Just bought one for testing. They send it without manual (@#$%) and the device is not reconized with Windows XP (no driver). But I can write data to an external memory card and play all my divx on the tablet (limitation is 720 pixels) and it is played in 16/9 format (4/3 or 16/9,2.35 in true 16/9 too). Not any problem for playing movies (two players on the tablet, I cannot see a difference, it's perfect)

Every mail adress could be used, I tried with a gmail adress and it works.

Pretty for games.

For editing text, you need a pointer.

No charger, but charging could be done on a PC with USB slot.

Very nice for testing and a much better use of the battery than other Apad's.

Sorry for my bad english, I cannot do better.

Guy19550

May 29, 2011
I complete the first message :

No manual was given with the pad (I can use it for 50% without manual). Two mails send for the manual and no response from China. After a reset to the factory settings, it didn't work again. So I send it back and ask for repaiement to the credit card (not paypal). Such case takes about one month for regularisation.

Guy19550

May 29, 2011
The fact is there is a problem with this device to access the internet. I tried several browsers but this was not a solution in the past. My last test with downloading "opera mobile" was the good one and it works.