[ROOT][4.1.1] How to: Root A2109A Without Bootloader Unlock

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
Hey, i discovered a method to root the Lenovo A2109A without to unlocking the Bootloader!
This method is used in some Motorola Devices and the Galaxy S4.
This program is not made by me!

1.) Download the ZIP from here: http://flopower1996.bplaced.net/other/motochopper.zip
2.) extract it and run "run.bat"
3.) connect your device with ADB enabled!
4.) follow the instructions in the screen.
5.) your devices reboots and there you got the Superuser App.

Have fun!

Note: you are neither able to flash a custom recovery nor a custom rom. This is only for people who whant root without data wipe and so on...
And i am not responsible, when you mess up your device! riggghhht?? :D :p

Last edited:

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
My guess it would work as a buffer exploit, but limited to only adding root not the ability to flash roms or recoveries.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

yes only root is possible. No custom recovery and no custom rom can be installed!

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
My guess it would work as a buffer exploit, but limited to only adding root not the ability to flash roms or recoveries.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

I may be wrong, but, once root, can't you just dd|cp any file to any partition? That would include any recovery to proper partition? Once that done, I guess flashing is also possible.

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
I may be wrong, but, once root, can't you just dd|cp any file to any partition? That would include any recovery to proper partition? Once that done, I guess flashing is also possible.

Yes you are right . But when the bootloader is locked you can`t flash any third party recoveries. The bootloader checks the signature of all partitions. If it fails the device won`t Boot.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes you are right . But when the bootloader is locked you can`t flash any third party recoveries. The bootloader checks the signature of all partitions. If it fails the device won`t Boot.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD

Correct, depending on aggressiveness of the bootloader, a tablet can be bricked. I think this exploit will come in handy, there are several tablets similar to our tablet that the bootloader can't be unlocked. So this exploit should work well for them providing root.

Sent from my A2109A using Android Tablet

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Hey, i discovered a method to root the Lenovo A2109A without to unlocking the Bootloader!

1.) Download the ZIP from here: Download GalaxyS4/root/motochopper.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Have fun!

Note: you are neither able to flash a custom recovery nor a custom rom. This is only for people who whant root without data wipe and so on...

Nah why would we blame you?
Afterall we all know we Just "LOVE" redoing things and more importantly "BLOWING THEM UP"!!!! :rolleyes: :p

That being said YOU DA MAN!!!!

Works like a charm.
Although you still have to have LeTools Installed and the drivers working in Windows to enable you to do this and get it to work!
For some reason I had to run it twice to get it to work? But hey it works so who am I to complain.

Although I recommend that once you get this working, Flash your Tablet back to Factory Settings, Just to make everything Clean.

For those who are new to our little hobby I'll give the links to the post here where I got LeTools and the Drivers from, So here they are.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...cal/50556-how-installing-adb-mtp-drivers.html Drivers to install on your PC.

Unlocking the A2109 Bootloader - Lenovo Community LeTools

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l/52307-useful-files-drivers-modded-roms.html Other goodies if needed.

For some reason I needed to install the ClockWork App which I got off the Play Store "A free download" although there are paid versions available.

Other Apps that I also downloaded from the Play Store are as follows to increase the functionality of my little Toy.

Root App Delete= Allows you to get rid of the Bloatware without Modding your ROM.
AnTuTu CPU Master Free= Allows you basic control over your CPU's Freq.
ScreenShot It= Obvious allows you to add a Icon in your System Tray or on your Desktop.
Android Root User= A nice little App to allow you to check if your still "ROOT" if you have any doubts.
GO HD DeskTop Manager= To help Gussy Up your Tablet a tad.

Well that's what I did.
I hope you like.... And "REMEMBER" If it Blows Up I "KNOW NOTHING"!!!!!!! :( :rolleyes: :p

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

It may work in theroy?
It would be worth a shot cause you can DD/CP in it as you say with access to your /root directory even.

It would "NO MORE" then lock it up causing you to have to do a factory reset, would be my guess.
But I don't want to try it, As I am happy with the way it is.

Let us know how it goes, if you decide to try it. :rolleyes:

wayneh50

Oct 1, 2013
This process worked for me. At first I didn't give it enough time. I thought it was stuck so I aborted and tried again.
The script timed out on the status check but continued on and finished. I have been trying for days to get my A2109A rooted.
Thank you, I finally have what I need.

saturnwings

Mar 17, 2013
So does this root method mean that you can root without deleting data? I'm not that interested in a custom ROM so never thought to root before now (tablet's running a touch slow). Yes, if things go wrong, data loss is going to happen, but I'd like to keep my current set-up if I can.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
So does this root method mean that you can root without deleting data? I'm not that interested in a custom ROM so never thought to root before now (tablet's running a touch slow). Yes, if things go wrong, data loss is going to happen, but I'd like to keep my current set-up if I can.

Yes, you lose everything but you could back up everything with TB or ROM toolbox and leave the back up on your external sdcard, this is why I root right away, if I lose my data there's really nothing to worry about

Sent on my Moto X

giogalx

Oct 13, 2014

1.) Download the ZIP from here: http://flopower1996.bplaced.net/other/motochopper.zip

Have fun!

hello, I know its been over a year since the original post but I'm wondering if there's still any chance for me to root my IdeaTab A2109 with this method.
The other thing is that if this method works on 4.1.1? and if it does we'll need a new link to the ZIP since the one originally posted doesn't work anymore. I thank you so much in advance. =)