Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Do not post problems in this thread that has nothing to due with my root and gapps!!! It is very rude to do so, This thread is only about my root and gapps process.

I put together an easy root and gapps zip for these tablets. tested and confirmed working on 8048, tested confirmed by myself. As always you assume all risks with flashing anything.

This will be flashed via stock recovery

These tablets do indeed have fastboot, just like all other telechips tablets.

ok to root and install gapps, which is playstore.

download root_gapps_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete

reboot system now

To unroot

download unroot_telechips_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings >Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything

after reset complete, tablet will reboot itself

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete, tablet will reboot itself

you will now be unrooted with no gapps,

Your tablet is now factory, IE stock, provided you made no other changes to your tablet beyond this thread.

Last edited:

dirkblooms19

Dec 1, 2012
is it tested on coby MID7032? :confused:
but i will try this...
feedback later...
thanks for sharing sir vampirefo
keep it up... !!!

Edit:

rename to update.zip

after update complete

sir there is no System Updates on my settings in "About Tablet"
help to solve this... :confused:

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
is it tested on coby MID7032? :confused:
but i will try this...
feedback later...
thanks for sharing sir vampirefo
keep it up... !!!

Edit:

sir there is no System Updates on my settings in "About Tablet"
help to solve this... :confused:

It has not been tested on that version, I have only tested on 8048, you might need to try the other methods posted. Start your own threador just join one of the other threads and run the commands in those threads and post output.

dukie85

Nov 20, 2012
Haven't tried it on my 36 yet since I haven't gotten it, but since somebody said they'd already confirmed it on two of them, I thought I'd go ahead and give praise :p

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Haven't tried it on my 36 yet since I haven't gotten it, but since somebody said they'd already confirmed it on two of them, I thought I'd go ahead and give praise :p

It should work on all Coby telechips, 7036 is confirmed working and is telechips, the guy with the 7032 simply wont help us help him, I was told the 7032 was telechips but this info could be wrong a few simply commands would show whether or not a tablet is telechips or not.

bia.migueis

Nov 30, 2012
Thank you soooo much :)
i just got a 7036 on black friday and was trying to root it because amazon appstore was giving me problems
Now it works perfectly :D

I'll post the link to this thread to my own thread where i was asking about rooting this device :)

dogyouare

Dec 1, 2012
worked on my rooted superuser and dropbox 8048. Thanks! now need to find a way to put jelly bean on this...lol

icee

Dec 2, 2012
Awesome! Just what I needed for a MID7036 I am preparing for my kids. Thanks so much.

Jaytunes

Dec 2, 2012
Thank you for your hard work, a once pos tablet is 10x better. Certain apps say "not compatible with this device" is there a way around this? Thanks in advance

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thank you for your hard work, a once pos tablet is 10x better. Certain apps say "not compatible with this device" is there a way around this? Thanks in advance

Yes, the tablet has to use keys from a known playstore tablet "Nexus 7". That is an advanced modification I have only done it for the 8048, beyond the scope of this thread.

I have built a cw recovery, modified framework to allow map location and used nexus keys to allow maximum playstore apps only for 8048.