Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

mejori

Apr 30, 2013
1st post ..i did this on a mid7048 and it worked great..only thing it was acting funny and no compatibility ..so i did it again and this time wiped data/factory reset... works perfectly!!! thanks!!

cusmore

Apr 11, 2013
at the back of my tablet said it is MID7031 but in the system info it is 7032...

will this unroot work on my tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
at the back of my tablet said it is MID7031 but in the system info it is 7032...

will this unroot work on my tablet?

I just googled Coby 7031, the specs for that devices shows it's a Allwinner A13 (Cortex A8) not a telechips which is what this root method is for. Running this on an Allwinner wont do anything, as they are different tablets. Mostly likely your recovery will imply the install was successfully but, nothing will be installed no files will be changed your tablet would be exactly the same as though you never installed this root method.

cusmore

Apr 11, 2013
I just googled Coby 7031, the specs for that devices shows it's a Allwinner A13 (Cortex A8) not a telechips which is what this root method is for. Running this on an Allwinner wont do anything, as they are different tablets. Mostly likely your recovery will imply the install was successfully but, nothing will be installed no files will be changed your tablet would be exactly the same as though you never installed this root method.

Can you help me sir on how to root my device...

mommibee

Jun 3, 2013
Hi! noob here, I have successfully rooted my Coby Kyros MID7047 using the steps mentioned in the first post. I have also downloaded the unroot file just in case I'd need it but I pray i won't. I'm trying to install google play in my tablet and followed the steps given in another thread but I can"t seem to move the file to /root/. I am using the ES File Explorer to move files around?. Is there something I missed? when I try to movehege file it says the file cannot be moved. Thanks in advance! Oh btw! my android version is 4.0.3 how do I update it to the latest 4.2?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Check and make sure ESFile Explorer has its root capabilities enabled in its settings. Upgrading to the latest version of Android? You don't unless you can build them from source, and even then there are issues with WiFi range.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi! noob here, I have successfully rooted my Coby Kyros MID7047 using the steps mentioned in the first post. I have also downloaded the unroot file just in case I'd need it but I pray i won't. I'm trying to install google play in my tablet and followed the steps given in another thread but I can"t seem to move the file to /root/. I am using the ES File Explorer to move files around?. Is there something I missed? when I try to movehege file it says the file cannot be moved. Thanks in advance! Oh btw! my android version is 4.0.3 how do I update it to the latest 4.2?

This includes playstore, You can't update to 4.2, If Coby releases 4.2 for your device they will tell you how to update, Coby never releases updates though.

Last edited:

mommibee

Jun 3, 2013
That's because you don't install Google apps APKs like normal apps. You simply cop sulky them to their correct locations in /system and reboot.

Thanks traveller! So I was able to copy the files in /system/ it now has its own folder named google apps, however it's still won't work after i did a reboot. did i miss something

Thanks vampire! is there a way how i can install games for the higher android version thatn the one i have or just

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
/system/app is where the Play Store and Google Services Framework get placed. Not /system, /system/Google Apps, or /Google Apps.

Seriously, you should have followed Vampirefo's instructions. You'd have the Play Store by now.

mommibee

Jun 3, 2013
I think I should have traveller. Now I have a bigger mess that i"m into. I have stupidly renamed Launcher.apk to Vending.apk. I really dunno what got into me but really, curiosity killed the cat. The dxtop launcher now won't work. I did a back up and reset to do a factory reset and ran the unroot file. I was able to run it successfully or so I thought because now I am stuck on the android screen and it has been like that for almost an hour now. What to do? help please...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The unroot script won't solve your problem. What needs to be done is to rename the file back to launcher.apk through ADB, or else create a Coby-signed update.zip with a copy of the launcher.apk file and apply that through the recovery.