Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

enderffx

Aug 23, 2010
Hi there !
Thanks, so i am running a muuuuch better 7035 now :)
I'd love to save this state --> can i installe CWM somehow ? (searched other threads / forums but i am not finding a 7035 specific CWM).
Then i could do a Nandroid backup & restore everytime i f*ck up ;-)

Greetings,

Ender

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi there !
Thanks, so i am running a muuuuch better 7035 now :)
I'd love to save this state --> can i installe CWM somehow ? (searched other threads / forums but i am not finding a 7035 specific CWM).
Then i could do a Nandroid backup & restore everytime i f*ck up ;-)

Greetings,

Ender

I don't have a 7035, don't know anything about 7035, this method isn't for 7035.

missgothika

Jul 29, 2013
I have a mid8048 and i can't seem to instal the play services due to shared id. Did anyone got it working? i used he op's instructions to have the store and everthing is working perfectly appart from the play services.. (can't log into youtube or hangouts.. and gmails doesn't sync.. the mail apps does though)

matiashr

Aug 6, 2013
I was able to use this update to root my device,
unfortunantly I have corrupted my boot parition (my fault). I can still access recovery, and I have a copy of my boot parition,
I assume I could create a update.zip to recover it, however I would need to sign the update.zip, is there a key I can use (or guide ) ?

BR

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just click the word Download

Sent from my SPH-D710 Android Phone

JLPDA

Aug 25, 2013
I have a Coby 7033-4, and have the same problem as a previous user with signature file:

--Install /sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Do we know if there's a fix or workaround to root and install gapps on the Coby 7033-4??

richandtru70

Aug 31, 2013
Hey Guys. I have the Coby MD 7036. I followed these instructions and I get message saying that no such update package exists and process aborts. Is this because my model not supported? Sorry exact message is:
E:failed to open /nand/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Last edited:

richandtru70

Aug 31, 2013
The file isn't seen. You need place it where the recovery can see it.

Thank You. The problem actually was when I renamed file it accidentally got renamed update.zip.zip(double zip). I fixed that and it rooted just fine Thank You. But, when I turned off and restarted it is stuck in boot loop. Is there a fix for this I hope? Also, does anyone know the combination of buttons to get into recovery, fast boot, or anything else?

Iosvampire

Aug 31, 2013
Hello,

Newbie here. I've tried the methods here to root my Coby Mid7038 but to no avail. I've followed the instructions carefully and even downloaded the zip files using different browsers as suggested in one of the posts. But even after all that, I'm getting the not a valid update file error. Any help regarding this would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,

Newbie here. I've tried the methods here to root my Coby Mid7038 but to no avail. I've followed the instructions carefully and even downloaded the zip files using different browsers as suggested in one of the posts. But even after all that, I'm getting the not a valid update file error. Any help regarding this would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

This wont work on 7038.

try this thread.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-mid7038-rockchip-optional-clockwork-mod.html

Last edited: