Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

craw405

Oct 28, 2013
I grabbed that .zip, put it on a micro sd card, installed update.zip from recovery and it worked flawlessly. Superuser now shows up on apps!! Thank you so much. This was the easiest root I have ever done.

If I may ask here, I would appreciate it if you or someone could direct me to any ROM that will work with this Coby Kyros MID8048. To give a little history, i just received this Tablet from my Home security company LifeShield as an optional way to arm/disarm my alarm. It basically booted straight to the lifeshield app and that is the only thing you could use on this tablet. I immediately booted to recovery and did a 'system restore' and booted to the stock Android system. However, there are no BACK and HOME buttons now so there is no way to exit an app once you open one making this tablet useless at this point. I would very much appreciate it if you could direct me to a ROM that I can download and flash on here that will have a BACK/HOME button :) I'm assuming it is part of the software? Thank you in advance.

mjj1587

Nov 13, 2013
Hi there! I have a Coby Kyros MID7047 that I would love to root and get the Play store on, however, when I go to About Tablet > System Updates, I do NOT have the option to install from file. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

I have rooted several phones so I am familiar with the process, but the interface and customized version of ICS on this tablet is seemingly foreign.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi there! I have a Coby Kyros MID7047 that I would love to root and get the Play store on, however, when I go to About Tablet > System Updates, I do NOT have the option to install from file. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

I have rooted several phones so I am familiar with the process, but the interface and customized version of ICS on this tablet is seemingly foreign.

I am not familiar with the 7047, basically to install this you need to boot into recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

mjj1587

Nov 13, 2013
Cool. looks like you hold the Volume Down (-) button while holding Power to get this model into recovery mode. Can then select the zip from there. I am at work and don't have the tab with me ATM but I will post and let you know how it worked as soon as I can try it! Thanks for your work on the root!

mjj1587

Nov 13, 2013
So I was able to boot into recovery but unfortunately I get the following: E:failed to verify whole-file signature and then it aborts install. I tried this with leaving the default filename as well as renaming it to update.zip. Any suggestions?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
So I was able to boot into recovery but unfortunately I get the following: E:failed to verify whole-file signature and then it aborts install. I tried this with leaving the default filename as well as renaming it to update.zip. Any suggestions?

redownload you might have got a corrupt zip, use a small 2GB micro sdcard larger ones sometime cause signature failure like you have.

mjj1587

Nov 13, 2013
Ok, weird. All I have is a 4gb, dont have anything smaller. I will re-download and load it to internal storage.. will that work?

mjj1587

Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmm... big bummer, still no go! I confirmed the MD5 matches what is displayed on the download site so I know the file is good :( ... I s'pose I will try to do some research and see if I can come up with something.

Janus05

Dec 19, 2013
Your tablet is nothing like these Coby tablets, also the firmware you uploaded is rooted.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Hi your "zip" performs its task - it runs through the update my device and adds in system all the files. but right root I do not get.

In your "zip"/meta-inf/com/google/android/updater-script :
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/app/Superuser.apk");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");
symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");
You can fix these lines on:

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/app/Superuser.apk");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/busybox");
symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");

and send me this "zip" for my device? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I don't understand this. You've highlighted what needs to be changed for the root to work on your device, you have the file, so why are you expecting him to provide you with a zip when you can do the work yourself and be rooted already?