Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

Janus05

Dec 19, 2013
I don't understand this. You've highlighted what needs to be changed for the root to work on your device, you have the file, so why are you expecting him to provide you with a zip when you can do the work yourself and be rooted already?

I don `t know how to sign a file for my stock recovery (tcc8902) after the change.

After my attempts to change androyd not install this update. CWM recovery I havent.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don `t know how to sign a file for my stock recovery (tcc8902) after the change.

After my attempts to change androyd not install this update. CWM recovery I havent.

Try the fake recovery I posted for Coby telechips, http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...y-7036-7034-7048-hopefully-all-telechips.html see if it works for you.
If the recovery doesn't work, then I suggest making your own thread as this thread is for Coby tablets, an nothing is going to be modified or changed in this thread, everything works as it should for the intended tablets.

Last edited:

Aftrburnr

Dec 25, 2013
Hi all!

Late to the party but I picked up a Coby MID7036-4 refurb Black Friday $hopping for $36 and I set about the last couple days reading on ways/methods to root it when I saw and read this entire post. Thanks vampirefo! After reading, thought I'd try it. I flashed the zip from my SD card. Everything went well and works as expected. One thing I did notice though is that I now have 2 Gallery apps. Possibly a dupe or? Looking at settings|apps I see that they have the same version # 1.1.30682 and one of them is taking 4KB and the other is talking 1.06MB. Anything wrong here? Leave the 2 of them be? Uninstall the smaller one? Unroot, restore & flash again?

I'm going to try out the fake recovery as I'd like to make a nandroid backup.

Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I will look into this might be the same app, one being just a link to the other.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just set up my 7036, gapps installs it's own gallery, I removed gallery2 which is default version with file manager then rebooted, so I just have googles version now.

Sent from my Coby 7036 Android Tablet

Last edited:

pyjujiop

Jan 1, 2014
Thanks for the information and the file. I picked up a refurb 7034-4 a few months ago, and being able to get Google Play on it makes it quite a bit more useful.

Shriveax

Jan 3, 2014
I did as told to above and I got yet a new error:

E: Can't mount /sdcard/update.zip
Installation aborted

It seems like I'm running into every wall possible, any ideas?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I did as told to above and I got yet a new error:

E: Can't mount /sdcard/update.zip
Installation aborted

It seems like I'm running into every wall possible, any ideas?

What size is you ext-sdcard ? If you have a 1 or 2 gb micro-sd sometimes that helps. You can also try partitioning a larger card with a small 1 or 2 gig partition. Sometimes this works.

Shriveax

Jan 3, 2014
My external sd card broke some time ago and I never replaced it so it is on my internal storage sd card.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My external sd card broke some time ago and I never replaced it so it is on my internal storage sd card.

Sounds like file is corrupted, redownload and try again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No ideal then, except get a micro sdcard and try using it.

Sent from my Coby 7036 Android Tablet

Last edited: