Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

dukie85

Nov 20, 2012
Welp , I bought a Galaxy Tab 2 but I'm giving this one to my mom. This root worked flawlessly. Thank you.

roncbee

Dec 3, 2012
For those who might be timid about trying the root_gapps_signed.zip on their 7048 tablet...

I posted the results to my 7048 on the thread in the first post on this page. I followed the instructions for the 8048 and the root and gapps work great! Thanks for the hard work.

delbond007

Dec 14, 2012
Thanx a lot bro...i had a mid 8048,followed your steps,google play is working like a charm...thanx a million!!!

delbond007

Dec 14, 2012
I've rooted my 7036, my question how can I install Google Play? Need HELP!

what help you need,if u followed his instructions,it should show with other apps.I just did it with my 8048.Dont unzip the file,add as it is to the micro sd(just my 2 cents)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2012
vamp you're a PIMP - I've MOD'd a few devices in my day and playing with tablets is my new hobby so I started lower end with Mid 7036. Your root process is essentially "Rooting for Dummies"

Splendid work... my 5 year old could have done it

nodynu

Dec 15, 2012
Do not post problems in this thread that has nothing to due with my root and gapps!!! It is very rude to do so, This thread is only about my root and gapps process.

I put together an easy root and gapps zip for these tablets. tested and confirmed working on 8048, tested confirmed by myself. As always you assume all risks with flashing anything.

This will be flashed via stock recovery

These tablets do indeed have fastboot, just like all other telechips tablets.

ok to root and install gapps, which is playstore.

download root_gapps_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete

reboot system now

You sir are awesome! <3 I signed up just to say that. I thought my coby 7048 was out of hope as i've read some articles that it can't be flashed. good thing I landed on your page <3
Still up to try and install applications through Google play now :D Thanks again! Gonna donate!

ravenryuu

Dec 15, 2012
Thank you very much for this brilliant work-around! I used external micro-sd storage to install the .zip - quick and easy! I've also donated to you - Happy Holidays! :cool:

nodynu

Dec 15, 2012
Hi again!

This is really working great for me, so thanks for that once more :)

However, I keep getting this "android.process.media" whenever I use playstore :( My tablet's Corby MID 7048-4.
I tried clearing "media cache" as suggested in some google search I did (the one withint settings -> apps -> media)
and I also tried downgrading playstore (but what happens is that it asks me to upgrade anyway)
Everytime it occurs I have to restart :/ When I don't download much it doesn't appear.

I hope someone helps! Thanks so much in advance:D

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi again!

This is really working great for me, so thanks for that once more :)

However, I keep getting this "android.process.media" whenever I use playstore :( My tablet's Corby MID 7048-4.
I tried clearing "media cache" as suggested in some google search I did (the one withint settings -> apps -> media)
and I also tried downgrading playstore (but what happens is that it asks me to upgrade anyway)
Everytime it occurs I have to restart :/ When I don't download much it doesn't appear.

I hope someone helps! Thanks so much in advance:D

a factory reset should fix that, you lose all your data but your problem should be fixed.

to do factory data reset

settings > backup & reset > factory reset.

olddawg

Dec 4, 2012
I am getting ready to root two 7036 and three 8048. If I understand correctly, if I don't like the root or have problems I can go back to stock with unroot? is there any down side to rooting? One other question, I saw you sometimes get app is not compatible with device, but I assume the app will still run?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am getting ready to root two 7036 and three 8048. If I understand correctly, if I don't like the root or have problems I can go back to stock with unroot? is there any down side to rooting? One other question, I saw you sometimes get app is not compatible with device, but I assume the app will still run?

yes install unroot to return back to stock, downside to rooting? well yes you now have the ability to destroy your tablet, so be careful. compatible with device is beyond the scope of this thread.

Dec 13, 2012
vamp - probably sould have confirmed that your unroot package works perfectly for MID 7036 - I had to do so to return my defective device and it worked perfectly

thanks

smooth15

Dec 10, 2012
I've followed your instructions and no success. I downloaded root_gapps.zip and renamed it to update.zip. Moved it to internal storage. I went to install update now> and once it tries to install it fails due to signature verification (No file or directory). Please assist.

Last edited: