Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

smooth15

Dec 10, 2012
Nevermind. Tried to install it with regular file name and it worked. Thanks alot for all the threads and assistance.

Thibor

Dec 25, 2012
Registered just to say thanks. Installed without a single problem on a 7036. Works perfect! No crashes and every program I wanted installed from Play. Thanks.

JJsax

Dec 26, 2012
Registered just to say thanks. My kid got a MID7034-4 and needed GAPPS, thanks to this he is now rooted and has access to google play and couldn't be happier!

NewCoby9

Dec 26, 2012
I may be slow. I tried this on my son's new Mid 7048 and I get the error message file not found. I put it on the internal storage and renamed it update.zip. Does it need to be saved to a different folder on the drive?

stratcat45

Dec 26, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you...... Worked perfectly on my 7048. I searched and searched for a solution for this, your directions were the easiest I found!

alliejovi

Dec 26, 2012
Im trying to do this for my 7036. do i need to have a sd card for this? I got 2 of these for my kids for christmas and would love to have it working. I don't know what I am doing wrong

stratcat45

Dec 26, 2012
I would think you would be able to do this with internal storage or sd card. I downloaded the file to my PC, then hooked the tablet via USB to the computer and moved the file onto the sd card of the tablet (but I believe in the original instructions the person did it on the internal storage). When I first did it, I got nothing...I then tried again and realized that there were a few steps more to watch for that appear on the screen:

rename to update.zip (make sure you do this as the system is looking for an update file)

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage/sd card > Install now

After I clicked install now.. the tablet did a reboot and when it came back up it went through a few things and then it had some options - you were to use the sound increase/decrease button to make the choice ( I chose the update on the sd card ) and use the power button to confirm the choice. It then did some more stuff and rebooted.

Once back up I found the icon in where the apps are and then moved it to the desktop. My tablet is the 7048 so things may be a little different, but just watch the screen and it should walk you right through it!

Dec 13, 2012
confirming exact same for 7036 as stratcat mentions above.
its pretty foolproof..dont want to sound smug, but if you have issues rooting with this process you may want to pause and rethink what you are doing in terms of rooting at all.
i learned my lesson after owning a device and killing it after only 2 weeks because i screwed around too much and i'm a tech guy.
i woul caution people to be conservative modding unless they are willing to risk an 80 dollar paper weight

NewCoby9

Dec 26, 2012
I would think you would be able to do this with internal storage or sd card. I downloaded the file to my PC, then hooked the tablet via USB to the computer and moved the file onto the sd card of the tablet (but I believe in the original instructions the person did it on the internal storage). When I first did it, I got nothing...I then tried again and realized that there were a few steps more to watch for that appear on the screen:

rename to update.zip (make sure you do this as the system is looking for an update file)

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage/sd card > Install now

After I clicked install now.. the tablet did a reboot and when it came back up it went through a few things and then it had some options - you were to use the sound increase/decrease button to make the choice ( I chose the update on the sd card ) and use the power button to confirm the choice. It then did some more stuff and rebooted.

Once back up I found the icon in where the apps are and then moved it to the desktop. My tablet is the 7048 so things may be a little different, but just watch the screen and it should walk you right through it!

Thank you StratCat that did it.

Thank you Vampire for this great root.

kbalz

Dec 27, 2012
I am having trouble with this and can't figure out why. I downloaded the root file from op link. to my coby mid7036 , renamed update.zip, went to system settings ,about tablet, system updates , from internal storage . it then tries to update . it says finding update package...,opening update package...,verifying update package..., E:failed to open/nand/update.zip (no such file or directory) , E:signature verification failed, Installation aborted. Please help also tried with external sd card same way , with same results.

Last edited: