Root + Angry Birds

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
yeah angry birds doesnt work on every device including most tablets. but they have talked about coming out with an angry birds lite for less powerful devices so hopefully that comes out soon and will solve all these problems

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I have a MID7015 with the update from Coby's website. I just installed Angry Birds this evening. I played it a while and now my wife is playing it. It's like there is no font to show the characters it wants to print. So we have white blocks that must be trying to say something but all we see is white blocks. Never mind that just click in white boxes and eventually you'll be at the slingshot ready to fire the first bird. After finishing a level, some more white boxes without text. At the bottom are two or three larger white boxes pick one and something happens. Since score is meaningless to us we're having fun advancing through the levels laughing at the sounds.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
On my tablet "Angry Birds" is playable, but has the white blocks for pretty much all the text that has some kind of transparency.

"Angry Birds Seasons" actually displays almost ALL of the text (the only white block sare the little "word balloons" from the birds at the end of the level and the "preview box" at the start of a new level - but the checkbox and frame of the box are fine). YOU CAN READ YOUR SCORE!

"Angry Birds Lite" (which is still in beta) crashes on launch. Unplayable.

From what I've heard it has something to do with how the transparencies were created on objects in the games - one uses a "mask" where transparency is substituted for a specific color, the other method uses an actual "alpha" channel to blend the transparency. One or the other of the methods appears to be incompatible with these tablets (either the hardware itself or the graphics rendering software) and - if that is indeed the case - it would mean Rovio's developers are using both methods within the game for various objects. It's not something you can fix anyway, so you'll just have to roll with it.

regnaD kciN

Jan 22, 2011
Apparently, there's a new version out with a lot more levels. Unfortunately, while the old one had its share of graphics glitches with missing UI text and graphics, but was still quite playable, the new one appears to have changed the level-select screen so, instead of getting a background with a whole grid of little white boxes (where the graphics for each level should be) you now just get a totally-blank white screen, and have to peck at the screen until you land on one of the invisible boxes, and hope it's the one (out of twenty or so) you want, assuming you can remember which level you were on in the first place.

Fortunately, I was able to find and sideload a copy of 1.4.2, so I can get the level-select screen back, but I seem to have lost my saved-game data (which, I assume, got converted to a new, incompatible format when I installed the newer version). No great loss for me, but I recommend you avoid updating AB for the time being.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
You can download it and it will work, but there are some pieces of the screen missing. Not sure why, but it can make it difficult to play.

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
You can download it and it will work, but there are some pieces of the screen missing. Not sure why, but it can make it difficult to play.

all you have to do is get used to the menu controls and your A-OK to play the actual bird flinging works you will just get alot of white boxes on your menu

Casfaye

Mar 19, 2011
Yes. You can, however Angry Bird seasons shows up much better and you can see or figure out the menu options more easily. I uninstalled the original and just went with Seasons.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
This is working great with the latest Angry Birds apps downloaded from the market. Thank you xaueious for the update.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

strafer

Mar 17, 2011
A.B. also works awesome on my 7015 (watery 1.1 rom). Dont hesitate to apply the patch. I had no idea the 7015 could be this fast in the graphics display.