then powered off
pressed the volume +
and the power button
after 5 seconds released the power button,
get that screen that you showed above
and select to "install from SD CARD"
AND SAYS ABORTED after...

My Coby is brand new! out the box...

You have to keep holding Volume up the entire time til you see CW recovery, if you seen above pic, that's stock recovery.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
vampirefo could you upload your build prop plz?

Download the 7065 stock rom I uploaded, it will have that file plus any others you might want.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Last edited:

CoolZone

Apr 18, 2013
After flashing my Coby 8065 with CWM, I have tried to flash the Root package and now I am stuck at the Coby logo. Any suggestions? CWM still works without the card inserted.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
After flashing my Coby 8065 with CWM, I have tried to flash the Root package and now I am stuck at the Coby logo. Any suggestions? CWM still works without the card inserted.

You shouldn't have flashed 7065 boot.img to your 8065, wont work. You should have just used the cw recovery from sdcard, now you need to find stock 8065 boot.img and flash it back to your 8065.

Did you make a dump that includes your (8065 boot.img) before you flashed the 7065 recovery?

Last edited:

herhite

Jun 7, 2013
i downloaded the zip, extracted the zip, placed the file "uImage_recovery" and "Root_Coby_7065" on micro sd then powered off pressed the volume + and the power button after 5 seconds released the power button, get that screen that you showed above and select to "install from SD CARD" AND SAYS ABORTED after... My Coby is brand new! out the box...
uImage_recovery should be placed on the SD card's top-level directory, not inside of any folder in the SD card. Then boot by holding the volume UP + PWR buttons, release the PWR button only, and you should be in cwm (cwm does not have an Android robot in the background; if you see one, you have not booted into cwm.) This process worked for me.

imcherboi

Jun 2, 2013
Try the solution a few posts above this, it works

i downloaded the zip,
extracted the zip,
placed the file "uImage_recovery" and "Root_Coby_7065" on [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]micro [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]sd[/FONT][/FONT]
then powered off
pressed the volume +
and the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]power [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]button[/FONT][/FONT]
and select to "install from SD [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]CARD[/FONT][/FONT]"

imcherboi

Jun 2, 2013
i downloaded the zip,
extracted the zip,
placed the file "uImage_recovery" and "Root_Coby_7065" on [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]micro [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]sd[/FONT][/FONT]
then powered off
pressed the volume +
and the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]power [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]button[/FONT][/FONT]
and select to "install from SD [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]CARD[/FONT][/FONT]"

Aug 8, 2012
i downloaded the zip,
extracted the zip,
then powered off
pressed the volume +

Vampirefo already answered you.

You have to keep holding Volume up the entire time til you see CW recovery, if you seen above pic, that's stock recovery.

If you are still having problems delete those files, re-download them, and extract them to your SD card and try again.

Edit: I just reread through this thread and noticed that you have posted this exact same post multiple times. People have told you how to make it work. You need to get more detailed in explaining the steps that you have taken if you want people to be able to help you.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am not going to post same instructions again it works as posted, I have no way to make it any easier so if it doesn't work or you can't figure it out then your tablet will remain unrooted.