Root Coby 7065 via ADB or Recovery

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Thanks to your work, we have the modified 8065 recovery. This allows 8065 owners to boot ext-sd, and load Root_Coby_7065.zip-

Would you mind if I rename to Root_Coby_8065.zip and link to download ?

Or maybe Root_Coby_AMlogic.zip

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Small progress.

I am am able to by pass the watchdog 4 minute count down in recovery, buy using a kernel from W17Pro, the timer is set in the kernel we have no source code so can't rebuild kernel from scratch, we can use another kernel though, that doesn't have the count down built in.

The downside is this kernel is 1GB data while our kernel is 2GB, still working on this part.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Do you happen to know where I can find a stock non-rooted Rom?

You can install the stock rom I uploaded, then simply remove su binary and superuser app from the rom either before installing rom or after, then rom will be non-rooted.

servercoby

Feb 5, 2014
HELLO vampirefo am loving the work you made for root acess thanks to you i was able to root my coby mid 7060 it has root acess but the problems came wen i flash the Coby_7065_boot_recovery.zip because i was enable to put my wi fi on so i flashed with your custom rom witch i had sucess but now iam encountering some issues the mtp box is marqued and i can`t unmarque it in defenitions/storage /usb computer conection another issue some aplications like es explorer don`t let me dowload files it says it read only files and third issue is some app say i don t have a sd card can you help me i was thinking get a 7060 stock rom think someone on this site as uploaded a backup thanks in advance.
keep the good work
p.s-sory for my inglish iam from portugal

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
HELLO vampiorefo am loving the work you made for root acess thanks to you i was able to root my coby mid 7060 it has root acess but the problems came wen i flash the Coby_7065_boot_recovery.zip because i was enable to put my wi fi on so i flashed with your custom rom witch i had sucess but now iam encountering some issues the mtp box is marqued and i can`t unmarque it in defenitions/storage /usb computer conection another issue some aplications like es explorer don`t let me dowload files it says it read only files and third issue is some app say i don t have a sd card can you help me i was thinking get a 7060 stock rom think someone on this site as uploaded a backup thanks in advance.
keep the good work
p.s-sory for my inglish iam from portugal

You could boot into recovery do a factory reset, should fix your problem, if not then restore your 7060 backup.

servercoby

Feb 5, 2014
Hello again and thank you for your time but the problem still insists and i was hopping someone could provide me a stok_rom of mid 7060/1045 that i can flash again back to 7060/1045 and just install the 7065_root.zip and stop here because your root was perfect there for 7060/1045 tablets everything was functioning 5 stars ,sad is that i made a recover but i think it was made after the useless recover Coby_7065_boot_recovery.zip if anyone can help i can upload the files i have ,thank you again.
ps-here what ive gatter- http://www.4shared.com/folder/UbHvIEIz/files_coby.html if something else need just say.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello again and thank you for your time but the problem still insists and i was hopping someone could provide me a stok_rom of mid 7060/1045 that i can flash again back to 7060/1045 and just install the 7065_root.zip and stop here because your root was perfect there for 7060/1045 tablets everything was functioning 5 stars ,sad is that i made a recover but i think it was made after the useless recover Coby_7065_boot_recovery.zip if anyone can help i can upload the files i have ,thank you again.
ps-here what ive gatter- files coby by server V. - 4shared if something else need just say.

Someone did upload a 7060 backup on here, I used it sometime ago on my 7065 to test booting from sdcard I don't recall exactly who or where it is located, but does exist on this forum somewhere.

LOL, here it is http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...mps-coby-generation-4-devices.html#post286800 Thanks to revoltpt for his upload.

Last edited:

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
Dear All, I am currently stuck at coby logo. Previously, my coby tablet is rooted and has cwm in it. My son has been playing games with this tablet until i noticed that it rebooted and never started again as it is stuck on coby logo. Tried holding volume + then power to start in recovery mode but no success. Tried adb and fastreboot in placin uImage_recovery.img, but it did not find any devices connected to my computer. Is there a way to turn this one around. Thank you.

servercoby

Feb 5, 2014
Thanks again vampirefo for your time and for the link i am sory because im new on this root "thing" and recover, but how can i install that 7060 backup ?can i make a stock room and install via external sdcard?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks again vampirefo for your time and for the link i am sory because im new on this root "thing" and recover, but how can i install that 7060 backup ?can i make a stock room and install via external sdcard?

I just dumped the backup and made a rom, then installed to my sdcard.

You would install to your tablet, as you have a 7060, My tablet is a 7065, so the 7060 would be a downgrade for my tablet.

7060 doesn't have playstore, while 7065 does.

servercoby

Feb 5, 2014
i dont know how to do a rom out a dump and i wasnt able to find any help on google either so i was hopping you could upload your made 7060 rom thanks again.
Ps i had found a way to install playstore in 7060 ,let me know if you want the info and files.

Last edited:

servercoby

Feb 5, 2014
hi once again vampirefo i´ve manage to make a rom to my 7060 and intall it but i can´t get wi fi to work i think i read it somewere you have encountered the same problem and you solve it changing the driver i suppose but i can t find the thread can you link me or explain it again how to do it thanks