Root Coby 7065 via ADB or Recovery

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

servercoby

Feb 5, 2014
Thanks it worked vampirefo now i was messing around with the aml flash utility and thinking how can install roms or restore hard bricked amlogic tablets but i need some .img like:bootloader.img do you have something or know how i can request it on this forum,thanks

trebla459

Jan 3, 2016
This zip contains unsecure boot.img and recovery.img that can be flashed to tablet.

Using uImage_recovery from first post to flash it.

unsecure boot.img means adb shell is always root, and adb remount command works.

The recovery.img will replace the stock recovery, with cw recovery. from this point on booting into recovery mode will be cw recovery instead of stock.

Coby_7065_boot_recovery.zip

You don't have to use this flash this zip, it just makes root a little better.

Credits Christian Troy For his recovery and source.

Can you please be more specific on the steps. I'm new to android and I dont know how to perform the steps you just made. I cant get into CW-Recovery so please help me :( Im trying to install it because my tablet coby mid 7065 is stuck in boot logo so please help me out :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can you please be more specific on the steps. I'm new to android and I dont know how to perform the steps you just made. I cant get into CW-Recovery so please help me :( Im trying to install it because my tablet coby mid 7065 is stuck in boot logo so please help me out :(
You are two years too late, I can't help you, I don't have this tablet, nor do I remember much about it. The info I posted was when I had the device in my hand, no way I can make any instructions more clear as I don't have the device.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

trebla459

Jan 3, 2016
You are two years too late, I can't help you, I don't have this tablet, nor do I remember much about it. The info I posted was when I had the device in my hand, no way I can make any instructions more clear as I don't have the device.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
okay :(

j_ds_au

Nov 27, 2015
Cool, I've just rooted my MID9762 using the "7065_root.zip" tools.

Because my MSW machine instantly deletes a naked "mempodroid" file, I did as follows :

a. Downloaded the "7065_root.zip" file on the tablet ("/sdcard/download/" directory).
b. Using ES File Explorer, extracted the ZIP to subdirectory "7065_root".
c. When Avast complained about the "mempodroid" file, selected to allow it for 15 minutes.
d. From subdirectory "7065_root", extracted "7065_ADB_root.zip" to the current directory.
e. Connected the tablet to the PC via USB.
f. Opened a command prompt at the "C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\" directory.
g. adb shell
h. cd /sdcard/download/7065_root/data
i. busybox cp * /data/local/tmp/
j. cd /data/local/tmp/
k. chmod 0777 mempodroid
l. ./mempodroid 0xdaa4 0xaffb sh root.sh
m. su

At this point, the prompt changed from "$" to "#", indicating I had superuser access. Then I typed "exit" about three times to close everything down.

Note that you need to install the Android USB drivers and the ADB tool on the PC beforehand. Depending what you use for this, the appropriate directory for step 'f' may be different.

Joe.