Root Coby 8065 via ADB

mayanne0101

Jan 1, 2014
first.. i downloaded this file... the one the is on the first page of this thread..

8065_root.zip >>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/il.../8065_root.zip.. I followed the instructions.. move the 3 files to the sd card and renamed it as such and such so I power it down.. go to recovery and what happens next is as what Ive posted earlier... But maybe Im not waiting long enough.. I will try what tpaine suggested.. Thanks again for the suggestion

i hold volume- + power. Then its the blue screen with install from ext. I choose that then I go to another screen I see coby_amlogic fake recovery zip.. and I install that.. I see that green robot.. I am now in the cwm -based recovery v5.5.0.4 7065 by vampirefo..

there are seven choices...
-reboot system now
-install zip from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
- advanced

I chose the install zip from sd card

4 choices again
-choose zip from sd card
-app sd card update
-toggle sign verification
-togleg script asserts
-go back===

I chose zip from sd card and navigate to root coby zip.. I am attaching a pic of the last step I did..

also I have another question.. Am I using the correct files. Im seeing 7065.. but its the same file that I got from mediafire that is on the first post......Im so sorry If Im being such a nuisance.. I just really need this fix.. my son uses this tablet to play some of his games..and its only been with me for 3 months so I hate to waste it..thanks so much again..

$DSC_0305.jpg

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is different than what you were posting, before you said you couldn't boot from sdcard, now you are showing pics of you booting from sdcard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

mayanne0101

Jan 1, 2014
Remove the micro sdcard, boot into recovery factory reset, turn tablet off insert sdcard, then do what you just posted above.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

did what you said.still not rooted. turned the tablet on still in factory settings but unable to move files in root explorer... Also maybe this is important.. but i have 0 memory in the internal storage and Im unable to install new apps. but I can reinstall old apps that were previously in the tablet before it froze..

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
... Also maybe this is important.. but i have 0 memory in the internal storage and Im unable to install new apps. but I can reinstall old apps that were previously in the tablet before it froze..

Since you have loaded fake recovery, did you make a nandroid backup ? If not, do so.

Where are you finding the "0 memory" result ? Try using your root explorer to remove some files in your internal storage.

mayanne0101

Jan 1, 2014
Since you have loaded fake recovery, did you make a nandroid backup ? If not, do so.

Where are you finding the "0 memory" result ? Try using your root explorer to remove some files in your internal storage.[/Q

when i go to storage on settings the internal storage is listed as 0.00 kb and its greyed out..I cant do a nandroid backup because Im unrooted... I cant even install new apps.. its saying 0 memory because i think Its missing or corrupted not because its full.. i have about 4 gb space left before the tablet froze.. all my apps are in the sd card..

I dont know why im not getting rooted even after completing all the steps mentioned..

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I cant do a nandroid backup because Im unrooted...

Yes you can. root is not required, a nandroid backup is done thru recovery, in this case fake recovery. When you first load fake recovery, find the backup and restore option. Use that option to create a nandroid backup.

This will allow you to try different options, but still return to where you are now.

mayanne0101

Jan 1, 2014
Yes you can. root is not required, a nandroid backup is done thru recovery, in this case fake recovery. When you first load fake recovery, find the backup and restore option. Use that option to create a nandroid backup.

This will allow you to try different options, but still return to where you are now.

errr. I think I made it worst.. I was a recovery and deleting cache/system/media... stuff like that.. and now it wont go past the coby logo.. I can still go to recovery but the tablet wont boot at all.. should I give up now?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
errr. I think I made it worst.. I was a recovery and deleting cache/system/media... stuff like that.. and now it wont go past the coby logo.. I can still go to recovery but the tablet wont boot at all.. should I give up now?

Stop.

You may be able recover your tablet. But you must stop trying random actions or you will never recover.

First, do a nandroid backup thru fake recovery as i explained above. Do that one step only and we can continue.

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Stop.

You may be able recover your tablet. But you must stop trying random actions or you will never recover.

First, do a nandroid backup thru fake recovery as i explained above. Do that one step only and we can continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Lord, and I thought I was bad!(warm smilz) Sounds JUST like me, on another silly day where I just can't seem to listen and follow kind instructions. Hey tpaine, how you been?!(smilz)

I got a decent used 7065 I been trying to root and install Vampirefo's recovery. All seems to be going fine, except the 7065 4-minutes or less carrying over to the recovery is a B!!!!!ch, and when I tried doing a Factory Reset from inside Android(the tablet) it continues to mess up/corrupt the "data", sending her into a boot loop.(Not a severe boot loop. Just boots up to a nice screen that says, "...you must Reset before..." blah blah blah!LOL) Anyway, the root method and install of the v5.5.0.4 recovery went fine, but with the 4-minutes or less in Recovery, even my Nandroids become hemroids!LOL Can't finish the backups!LOLLLL

I sure hope they ARE getting the H2O cleaned up back east! Can't trust any of these big companies or the government much either anymore. They're ALL out to kill us!(one way or another)LOL Nahhh. Seriously though, hope Vampirefo and his family have safe/clean water SOON! I don't even live there, but I REALLY realized how important that ONE thing is, and how I tended to take it for granted.

Well, hope all's well with you! Hey, hope you don't mind, I wanted to add you and Vampirefo as friends here. If it's okay, I'll put in a request. Vampirefo beat me to the punch, but I figured he's got WAY to many requests already too.(warm smilz)
Be safe my friend!

Todd:)

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Good to hear from you. I also picked up a 7065 ( bad touch). The 4 minute timer is a *****, I got a class10 card that helps a bit.

Here at home, we are dealing with the Colby fire. Mostly its out, but its so dry adn warm here, in the 70s and even 80s here.

Back to the recovery time issue, vamp posted an item here about a wpro17 tablet with an untimed kernel.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ros-mid9765-8-firmware-dump-2.html#post304491

So there is some prospect for a solution. In the mean time, just backup essentials for now.

Last edited:

Owel

Jan 29, 2014
ADB up and working.

downloaded: AMlogic_Coby_ADB_root.zip

extracted AMlogic_Coby_ADB_root.zip to your adb directory.

$adb1.JPG

SU error not found...
what should I do?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
what should I do?

It appears you are doing the steps correctly. But the tablet is not repeating your second command. The chmod command line is repeated by the system exactly.

If you have a sdcard, try the root thru recovery method.

mayanne0101

Jan 1, 2014
Stop.

@tpaine.. hi im back.. sorry.. it took so long to answer.. I was in the hospital.. Im okay now.. so ive done the nandroid back up.. what next? thanks again for helping me.