Root for Honeycomb 3.2?

AtomicHack3r

Jan 16, 2012
Ok I'll be the first person to make a topic just for it, that way there won't be a bunch of these threads. So question is, root? And my buddy told mme that every dwice is root-able, just not all devices have a one-click root. True?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok I'll be the first person to make a topic just for it, that way there won't be a bunch of these threads. So question is, root? And my buddy told mme that every dwice is root-able, just not all devices have a one-click root. True?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Not exactly true, some devices can be locked down pretty tight at the hardware level. However, most can in fact be rooted and the methods are various. It takes effort on the part of enthusiasts and developers to exploit holes and gain root access. Sometimes the methods are similar to other devices and scripts can be written that allow one click rooting with out much modification from the existing one click methods.

Specifically the VTab is not locked down at the hardware level but also lacks any sort of serious support by developers for obtaining root and creating custom ROMs. There is a poll in the following thread to try and raise awareness of the VTab on the XDA board and hopefully bring some people into the challenge of rooting and running custom ROMs.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vizio-tablets/32843-vote-here-more-support.html