Root for MID7035

sausagevillan

Sep 18, 2012
ok got it rooted yay ... part of it was that i was putting on the wrong su binary and part was that i was pushing the busybox apk and not the busybox binary ... but i go it to work finally

fernando i pm'd you

Last edited:

kennyloo69

Sep 7, 2012
Well, that seems to have worked. Thank you very much. When I have time later today, I'll try uploading a zip to rapidshare or whatever upload website people use now with the script and necessary files for others to use in the hopes that it will work for them (I'll try to remember to write up a simple readme file and try to remember to not include the root explorer apk, although I don't think you need it for rooting).

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Let me know when you post it and I'll link it in the Development Index thread. And no...Root Explorer isn't required for rooting. :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The problem you are running into is that you do not have the drivers on the PC properly configured so that the PC can see the tablet. The zip file only includes the tools necessary to get the device rooted. As a prerequisite you need to have the aforementioned drivers installed. The instructions to do this is outside the scope of these root tools. However, there is hope for you. Another user is having the same issue, and I created a partial how-to for him to go through and finish up his root. I took what I gave him, added the missing steps and posted it.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...iver-installation-windows-pcs.html#post240837

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Look for Superuser in your app drawer. Getting Google apps on the tablet requires you to push the files manually using ADB since there is no custom recovery for the tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
In Superuser, it says "No apps in list." I have com.android.vending_3.8.15.apk downloaded onto an sd card. How exactly do I "push" the files with which adb?

I never have been able to install Google Services Framework.. I don't know if thats a problem.
Thanks.
In the Superuser app, tap on the "i" (for information) icon. If you see a version number for the Superuser binary in that screen, then you are rooted.

As for the Google Apps, if the 7033 and 7035 are running ICS, then the vending app you have won't work as it's for an older version of Android. In any case, none of the Google apps are installed in the normal manner. These apps are simply copied to the \system\app directory on the tablet, either by pushing them with ADB or installing a flashable zip through a custom recovery. From there, you set permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--) and reboot the tablet. I couldn't tell you with any certainty what is the absolute minimum you need to get Google Play working, but there are more files involved than just the apps.

The best solution I can think of is to unzip the 20120429 Google Apps package from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps and push the entire system directory in the zip file onto the tablet using ADB. From there you set permissions for all files to 644 using ADB and reboot. The tablet will display a prompt telling you that the system is updating and it should then, if properly done, display a prompt to set up your Google account. After that, you should have the Google apps in the app drawer, if not on the screen.

c1823a

Oct 9, 2012
Thank you to everyone who has supported this topic. I am new to the site and have just received my tablet. My question is, can the Root procedure be "undone" and returned to stock, factory condition? Some folks may ask "why would you want to do that?" Well, if I decide to sell my tablet I would like to be able to put it back to stock, factory condition.

kaleija

Oct 13, 2012
Here is a zip that will hopefully contain everything needed to root the kyros 7035 tablet. Someone please let me know if it doesn't work as I wasn't 100% sure what files I needed to include (I had downloaded many things so I don't know what actually worked). https://rapidshare.com/files/890193604/kyros7035_root.zip

It works PERFECTLY for the Coby Kyros MID7033!!
It is the only option that worked, in less than a minute had my tablet rooted. I owe you my life!! Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

lalaland

Oct 12, 2012
any chance of this working on a 7030?

it uses the 1Ghz Cortex A8 with 512 MB RAM, 800x400 WVGA resistive touch screen.

Thanks